Single Entity Teams That Have Disappeared In The Last 25 Years.

Remove this Banner Ad

MortlockWatcher

Club Legend
Dec 18, 2013
Leaning on the fence
AFL Club
Carlton
Attachment 1

Attachments

• OU1.jpg
    OU1.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 36

Wild Thing

Debutant
Jan 27, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Mate I think you can do your own research here, but I’ll start you off Ouyen, Walpeup, Underbool Kiamal, Tiega, Tempy, Gorya, Patchewollock, Torrita, Lascelles
This is what I have found from Paul Daffey’s book stating only 9…..I thought 30 was a stretch hence why I asked you to possibly name them. I see the previous attachment with a list of clubs….so not sure what to believe 🤔

Attachments

• 5F9DF849-8BAD-4B71-B373-93AEC3868AF6.jpeg
    5F9DF849-8BAD-4B71-B373-93AEC3868AF6.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 39

MortlockWatcher

Club Legend
Dec 18, 2013
Leaning on the fence
AFL Club
Carlton
The nine direct clubs to form Ouyen United have originally come from 30 clubs (see Attachment 1).

I assure you I am not pulling your chain.

As Daffey has written himself, the 30 clubs listed are the foundation clubs of Ouyen United - they are all part of the club's family tree.

The colours of the nine totems are shown below:

iENWsJMpYx5wfr0S8zD9.jpg

Last edited:

Wild Thing

Debutant
Jan 27, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
The nine direct clubs to form Ouyen United have originally come from 30 clubs (see Attachment 1).

As Daffey has written himself, the 30 clubs listed are the foundation clubs of Ouyen United - they are all part of the club's family tree.
All good buddy appreciate the information….funny how many teams were once in the Mallee region, yet now only have a couple left. Back in his day every man and his dog played footy sadly no longer the case.

western royboy

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea

The colours of the nine totems are shown below:

iENWsJMpYx5wfr0S8zD9.jpg
Which itself is outdated due to the merger with Walpeup/Underbool which know sees them where the Kangas colours

MortlockWatcher

Club Legend
Dec 18, 2013
Leaning on the fence
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree. The merger occurred in 2016 (between the sign being made and Daffey's book being written).

I can't find a list of the clubs featured on the nine poles anywhere on the internet and only four are photographed in the book (Tempy, Gorya, TG-P and Tiega).

Mobbs

A Large Portion, Yes
Nov 1, 2000
www.footypedia.com/qooty
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Can definitely understand Ouyen feeling like they lay claim to all those contributing clubs, but do we know for sure that places such as Pirro or Yellumjip officially combined or were absorbed by any other team, as opposed to simply disbanding, and their remaining players going to other clubs in the list?

Ouyen United is defoes the biggest of the webs of clubs in my collection tho. Glen Eira that someone mentioned is also an absolute belter!

western royboy

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I agree. The merger occurred in 2016 (between the sign being made and Daffey's book being written).

I can't find a list of the clubs featured on the nine poles anywhere on the internet and only four are photographed in the book (Tempy, Gorya, TG-P and Tiega).
The leagues up there used to be the Tyrell League (as in Lake Tyrell ie. Sea Lake) which I think became the Northern Mallee League & the Southern Mallee league, then they combined to form the Mallee League

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ReggieRumours

Draftee
Jan 10, 2023
AFL Club
Melbourne
Afternoon all

Just trying to get to the bottom of the disappearance/merger of the famous old Richmond Rosellas back around 94/95?

Was speaking to a Spanish bloke recently who told me his version of events 35 pots deep down St kilda.

Questions still remain til this day that have not been answer and some answers may have been taken to the grave by old Mr McDonald!

Burning questions I’d like answers too are.

1. Why did phillip Bayliss get sacked?

2. how was Yamen appointed, how did
he get the gig?

3.Why did Yamen only last 3 weeks as coach. Did Mr McDonald have anything to do with his sacking him in the end?

If anyone out there can get me any information on this beautiful old club I would love to hear back from you.

Regards Reggie Rumour.

Wild Thing

Debutant
Jan 27, 2022
AFL Club
Essendon
Afternoon all

Just trying to get to the bottom of the disappearance/merger of the famous old Richmond Rosellas back around 94/95?

Was speaking to a Spanish bloke recently who told me his version of events 35 pots deep down St kilda.

Questions still remain til this day that have not been answer and some answers may have been taken to the grave by old Mr McDonald!

Burning questions I’d like answers too are.

1. Why did phillip Bayliss get sacked?

2. how was Yamen appointed, how did
he get the gig?

3.Why did Yamen only last 3 weeks as coach. Did Mr McDonald have anything to do with his sacking him in the end?

If anyone out there can get me any information on this beautiful old club I would love to hear back from you.

Regards Reggie Rumour.
A bit before my time, as I thought the Richmond Rosellas were the same Richmond Centrals club that currently play in the VAFA and changed their name when they moved there…..but obviously not! The coaches you mentioned Bayliss and Yaman had a bit to do at St Kilda City from memory as well. Bayliss coaching a flag there in 2001

Remove this Banner Ad