Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe he missed those two set shots either. He has over 160 goals to his name already so it must have been fatigue given all the work he had done in the game.
Anyone who gets a chance, go watch him play immediately! He's incredibly exciting. Has that Ablett Senior factor about him. You feel like something will happen every time he goes near the ball.
His ability to kick either side of the body is also a massive concern for anyone matching him up.
Built like a brick shizenhousen as well :thumbsu:
I can't wait for our first home game in Geelong, even if it is against Brisbane on a Sunday twilight.

It's fascinating checking on the Hawthorn board... a change in laundry and Dangerfield is suddenly the most arrogant ****** to ever play the game. And a sook and cheat. And yet they never said that of him at Adelaide... almost like we're under their skins again. I won't pop over and bring up Sam Mitchell and the time he told a (Hawthorn supporting, Indian born) nurse that he'd "prefer a white one". Wouldn't want to sully their visions of sainthood against our horrid demon team.
Wait did this actually happen?

I just have returned from there... their non Crows AFL discussion thread went up 13(!!) pages during todays game alone

To say there is a bit of salt there is an understatement.... it wasn't really a good game because he missed those goals and had too many handballs apparently. :rolleyes:

Mate. Please don't speak in absolutes.

In all honesty I want to hate Patrick Dangerfield, but i don't. What i watched today was one of the best games of footy I've ever seen.

He is a good bloke and gave everything he could for our club.

In all honesty this trade might benefit both teams. You guys lacked contest ball and x factor, you sure as hell got it with Danger.

We have always been a good contensted team, but lacked foot skills and outside polish. Hopefully it benefits both clubs.

Enjoy what you have with this bloke.

Probably getting in early with the easiest most obvious toast of all time.

But my god what a player we have gotten here.
He is a beast, strong, competitive and explosive..
43 disposals.... 21 contested :eek:

And even though he gave that free away for cracking the shits at the umpire I actually think he almost lifted another gear after that, I said to my missus that he is playing angry now.. ripped a couple of clearances out, took some fantastic contested marks and unfortunately missed, and basically was a huge part in us putting them away at the end.
Of course he was a huge part of us being in front at all.

Out and out superstar... just wait till Joel is fit and up and running with him

( I know there is the trade thread still mods and if you want to merge no stress, I just figure that deals with his past and us getting him... this is about him as a Cat)
You got to watch the game with your missus? Mine refused to watch the game with me. Her tears are still salty from Danger's exodus. :rolleyes:

But fcuk me how good was the man who'll be forever known as Patrick FCUKING Dangerfield, the Mayor of Moggs Creek!?

Can't believe he missed those two set shots either. He has over 160 goals to his name already so it must have been fatigue given all the work he had done in the game.
Anyone who gets a chance, go watch him play immediately! He's incredibly exciting. Has that Ablett Senior factor about him. You feel like something will happen every time he goes near the ball.
His ability to kick either side of the body is also a massive concern for anyone matching him up.
Built like a brick shizenhousen as well :thumbsu:

I actually thought he was cramping and every time he tried to push off to kick he just collapsed and shanked the kick. But yes, entirely fatigue related.

Go Catters

PFD.....

Cant stop smiling...

And the interesting thing was that they said it was a 5 year plan to get PFD to GFC....

Not sure how much truth there was to that but damn, how much was that worth the wait!!

Go Catters

PFD.....

Cant stop smiling...

And the interesting thing was that they said it was a 5 year plan to get PFD to GFC....

Not sure how much truth there was to that but damn, how much was that worth the wait!!

Go Catters
All those times Frank and Brian hosted Mr and Mrs Dangerfield whenever we played Adelaide in Geelong weren't for nothing;)

You got to watch the game with your missus? Mine refused to watch the game with me. Her tears are still salty from Danger's exodus. :rolleyes:

But fcuk me how good was the man who'll be forever known as Patrick FCUKING Dangerfield, the Mayor of Moggs Creek!?
Not only did she watch it, she cheered him on and high fived me every Geelong goal

She is upset that he isn't with them, but can still appreciate him and likes the Cats so can cheer him on...

Especially against Hawthorn

It was an extraordinary performance. I knew he was good....(at least over the past few years...I will conveniently forget my posts early on that suggested he was overrated!! )...but I didn't realize he was that good.

Pace, Power, Endurance, and great hands...yes his disposal is a little shaky ( especially off the left) but I'm nitpicking really.

Absolutely in the superstar category. Some of the plays he initiated were breathtaking.

He's player all right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait did this actually happen?

Yep. One of my best mate's aunt. Both best mate and aunt are Hawks supporters but both unfortunately have to dislike one of their club legends because he apparently requires a certain pigmentation from health care professionals. I usually keep that story under my hat but reading the Hawk fan rubbish on their board re: Dangerfield must have raised my drunken ire last night!

Pretty much it , although its not as clear as always go the mature known player. Its hard to gauge what GC would have had to pay..but has it worked for them?
But your point is valid , and Lloyd has little or no knowledge of young players..basically if you are not in the best 20 kids , in your draft year then your kids are sus... well it doesn't work like that. Look at the names in our side and where they came from.

Cockatoo ... P10
Gregson .... P47
Lang.......... P16
Kolo........... P41
Thurlow...... P16
Murdoch..... P48
McCarthy.... P66
Bews (FS)...P86
Blitz...........P54 (eleR)
Guthrie.......P23

One draft has already gone... out of the 7 drafted names from 2015..there are a couple that have a good chance of making it..History says that its not always the R1 picks that make it anyway. Gardner,Menegola,Buzza,Hayball,Cornell,Parsons,Ruggles... get 1 or 2 from this group and we are on track with other years when we had our R1 pick....and this doesn't take into account what we can trade for ..its possible to get an R1 at years end anyway.

I remembered after making that post that the 2nd future first round pick wasn't even for Dangerfield it was for Henderson.

I think the youngsters with class are generally found earlier in the draft. Cockatoo, Lang and Thurlow are definitely classier players than Murdoch, McCarthy, Bews. I think the Gregson pick up so late is a huge coup, definitely sits in the class bracket with the first rounders and Kolo looks good as well but traditionally you can find key backs later in the draft.

Geelong's push this year really depends on the mid tier core Duncan, Blicavs, Motlop, Guthrie & Caddy taking the next step.

It's still too early to expect consistency from the group of young players quoted.

#PFD

S3Kmh.jpg

I actually thought he was cramping and every time he tried to push off to kick he just collapsed and shanked the kick. But yes, entirely fatigue related.

Go Catters
yeah, nothing to do with PD. we will see it more this season due to limited time on bench for the mids. i would have penciled him in for the two goals. dont let his kicking worry you. he makes up for it in many many other ways

I knew Danger was good, having watched him here and there over the past few years for Adelaide, but being at the G yesterday and to witness him live was a pleasure to watch, he is a superstar and is exactly what we needed, so happy to have him at the cats, what a debut and long may it continue.!!

I remembered after making that post that the 2nd future first round pick wasn't even for Dangerfield it was for Henderson.

I think the youngsters with class are generally found earlier in the draft. Cockatoo, Lang and Thurlow are definitely classier players than Murdoch, McCarthy, Bews. I think the Gregson pick up so late is a huge coup, definitely sits in the class bracket with the first rounders and Kolo looks good as well but traditionally you can find key backs later in the draft.

Geelong's push this year really depends on the mid tier core Duncan, Blicavs, Motlop, Guthrie & Caddy taking the next step.

It's still too early to expect consistency from the group of young players quoted.

Class doesn't always equate to success... and one doesn't always pick the classy player with the early pick that some thought was obvious.
I did't list failures , thats harsh..I'll put it non successes atpit. Smedts taken before Guthrie for instance. Plenty say we should have picked Grundy before Guthrie. Have a look at GCoasts draft in 2010 they had 7 in the first 11 and missed Heppell. GWS in 2011 had 9 out the first 11 , for what ever reason didn't pick Wingard.

One can spend years waiting for that pick to "become" , being tempted and teased about what they will be..and sometimes it doesn't happen. Listen to Bomber Thompson yesterday before the game..he doesn't like the approach we have taken but I think that pov is as antiquated as Dennis Pagan coaching in this era of FA. It requires a mass injection of young talent ,Thompson never had to over come a GWS type list build... then fall while giving them games and then hope to rebound etc. The irony is of course that he used Mooney , Harley and especially Ottens while players like Brown and West never really got the never ending games.

Develop what you can its the cheaper option but if you lack real top end class and can get it with a pick... no contest. That Dangerfield game has certainly set the comp on its ear as to the way to go. If we win it after doing this.. the die will be cast. In any case...to state that using our pick categorically means we must do it in the next two years is wrong. What happens if one or two late picked players from 2015 , 2016 become players ..then the whole process will probably leave us no worse than when we used our R1's.

I feel like this is the toy story scenario.

Where Joel is the old toy woody and is being replaced by the new fancy 'buzz lightyear' PFD.

Love em both.

(But neither as much as Guthrie <3)

LOL , ive used and read several movie references but Toy Story..is a first time on here? Who is the crotchety old Miner?Arhh sorry that TS2 isn't it. LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back