Opinion Six $1m players in the AFL in 2019 - GWS with potentially 3 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate you continue to live in that bubble as you wont like living in the real and keep believing all the propaganda that comes out from AFL house about players playing for under's and your crowd numbers and junior playing numbers in West Sydney.
Us in the real world know the truth and we don't swallow the BS that comes out about your club, unlike you and other GWS fans.
Have a nice day.

Put up or shut up.

Where is your evidence?

Waiting....

Waiting....

Waiting....

.... Crickets.

Mate you continue to live in that bubble as you wont like living in the real and keep believing all the propaganda that comes out from AFL house about players playing for under's and your crowd numbers and junior playing numbers in West Sydney.
Us in the real world know the truth and we don't swallow the BS that comes out about your club, unlike you and other GWS fans.
Have a nice day.
You sound very much like those Catholic cult followers.

"With no evidence we know the truth and you are all wrong believing the evil words of satan"

Or do you have any evidence yet?

Anything at all?

Apologise if someone has brought it up as I haven't gone through every page but has anybody actually bothered to do the sums.This whole conspiracy thread implies Giants are above the cap.So Cap is about 12.5 Miliion in 2020 yeah? Factoring in when players signed/what market value they had at that time /what it was was stated by media they were paid and length of contract I think I would have as good an idea as anyone of estimating gws salaries.

With Cameron and Coniglio at the top on 1million and the lowest rookies on 100,000 I have Giants at 13.8 million.Obviously that's before back ended contracts are factored in for Coniglio and other players.Allowing room for error on each contract it's totally feasible to get within 12.8 mill etc.Happy to be proven wrong and debate what I allocated for each player...What a lot of people arent factoring in is Greene,Haynes Whitfield and possibly Coniglio might have signed for bit less if Giants added on a few years.This is common practice in AFL except for Buddy example which skewered everbody.

Apologise if someone has brought it up as I haven't gone through every page but has anybody actually bothered to do the sums.This whole conspiracy thread implies Giants are above the cap.So Cap is about 12.5 Miliion in 2020 yeah? Factoring in when players signed/what market value they had at that time /what it was was stated by media they were paid and length of contract I think I would have as good an idea as anyone of estimating gws salaries.

With Cameron and Coniglio at the top on 1million and the lowest rookies on 100,000 I have Giants at 13.8 million.Obviously that's before back ended contracts are factored in for Coniglio and other players.Allowing room for error on each contract it's totally feasible to get within 12.8 mill etc.Happy to be proven wrong and debate what I allocated for each player...What a lot of people arent factoring in is Greene,Haynes Whitfield and possibly Coniglio might have signed for bit less if Giants added on a few years.This is common practice in AFL except for Buddy example which skewered everbody.
I can definitely say that Cameron is not on 1 million, according to what he told my cousin, who told me in confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you don't take media reports and now you don't take rumour?

Tsk tsk.

There are opinions and opinions dressed up as facts.

Saying "my cousin...." is implying fact with no basis.

Im happy to share my opinions. Its kind of the point behind this place. But I dont claim facts unless its either widely reported from reputable people, or from the horse's mouth.

But you knew that.

The AFL is required to publish salary statistics, so we know that in 2017 there were 9 players earning over $1m for the season. In 2018 it was 6.

This obviously varies year-to-year with contract amounts.

It's not overly difficult to narrow down the field of players that are potentially earning that amount of money based on reported salaries at the time of signing. There's no conspiracies, just reasoning.

The AFL is required to publish salary statistics, so we know that in 2017 there were 9 players earning over $1m for the season. In 2018 it was 6.

It's not overly difficult to narrow down the field of players that are potentially earning that amount of money based on reported salaries at the time of signing. There's no conspiracies, just reasoning.

We also know that there are at least 2 different types of ambassadors, where teams choose one and the AFL chooses the other. I find it interesting that the clubs dont seem to mind that only 12 of them have the AFL chosen ambassadors. You have to wonder why 6 of the clubs dont speak out.

The AFL creates artificial playing fields and keeps a heap of it hidden. Is it any wonder people question what goes on?

Is your cousin his manager or a a GWS list manager?

Buddy told Hodge he was staying at Hawthorn. Is your cousin closer to Cameron than Buddy and Hodge are friends?
My cousin is very close to Cameron. His son played with Cameron at Darmoor FC & Jeremy bought a house, for his parents, not far from him.

Of course you can all speculate that the six are Fyfe, Dangerfield, Franklin and three GWS players but in the end it's just that - speculation.

Fyfe may even not be paid a million (he does have a lucrative personal brand that sells all sorts of stuff and obviously has loads of personal sponsorship and endorsements as the face of Freo), or he could be the highest paid in the league - either way you and I don't know it for sure. However, it seems only a few posters are using their speculation to state that GWS are rorting the cap. It's odd in that respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back