Jarrod Cameron Ankle TBC
Liam Duggan Knee TBC
Shannon Hurn Hamstring 2-3 weeks
Jamaine Jones Ankle Test
Josh Kennedy Knee Test
Liam Ryan Hamstring Test
Luke Shuey Calf Test
Bailey Williams Ankle Test

Kennedy “good chance”, Shuey, Barrass and Ryan “expected to be available”. Duggan ruled out this week, Williams and Jones (much earlier than expected I think) set to play WAFL.

Missed five weeks with a calf injury earlier in the year, now set to miss multiple weeks with another soft-tissue injury. On both occasions he didn’t make it to quarter time.

I think his body might be telling him it’s time, unfortunately.

Missed five weeks with a calf injury earlier in the year, now set to miss multiple weeks with another soft-tissue injury. On both occasions he didn’t make it to quarter time.

I think his body might be telling him it’s time, unfortunately.

Yeah I tend to agree. Although Im open to exploring the fact that the condensed fixture, condensed off season, condensed preseason have worked against him. Happy for him to go around again but only if he's happy to be lacing up the boots for the Beagles. He should be given no guarantees about playing in the firsts side beyond 2021.

Hurn and JK are good culture men. They give us those intangibles beyond footy field statistics.

Yeah I tend to agree. Although Im open to exploring the fact that the condensed fixture, condensed off season, condensed preseason have worked against him. Happy for him to go around again but only if he's happy to be lacing up the boots for the Beagles. He should be given no guarantees about playing in the firsts side beyond 2021.

Hurn and JK are good culture men. They give us those intangibles beyond footy field statistics.
I wouldn't mind him going around as a player-coach (like Hodge did at Brisbane). No expectation of playing 22 rounds and if his body breaks down, he just picks up more coaching duties.

Lots of our players had soft tissue injuries this year, many are 5-10 years younger than Hurn.

He'll be back before the GF

This will be the hardest call for the gf, who misses out for former captain and club legend Shannon Hurn to play? Alex Witherden has a slight niggle from the semi so looks to be the unlucky one, may request a trade back to Brissie after Daniel Rich’s leg fell off in the action of kicking.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news, our medical team is sad to report that a large portion of the squad will be unavailable for 2022 due to unforeseen consequences of a tragic gasoline fighting accident....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back