Injury SJOGHCIU 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

On the eagles podcast Ozzie mentioned he's already been in for post season surgery.

Worst kept secret in town...but he finally confessed he had been playing with a fracture in his elbow since round 7, which pretty much coincided with his dip in form after his hot start to the year.
That really shits me. We should have sent him off for surgery as his long term is far more important to us. It was plain as day that he had an arm/shoulder injury as he whinced everytime he went for a contested mark.

Gee imagine your brightest young talent fracturing his elbow AND you have a glut of good KPFs yet to still insist on playing said bright young talent into the ground for 21 games

who are these glut of good KPFs you speak of?

let’s be frank if it was a significant fracture he would have had surgery straight off, but given he didn’t and was treated in a brace and match day taping it was probably just a LUCL avulsion, that probably doesn’t even require surgery

let’s be frank if it was a significant fracture he would have had surgery straight off, but given he didn’t and was treated in a brace and match day taping it was probably just a LUCL avulsion, that probably doesn’t even require surgery
No Allen means we could play Kennedy/Darling and Williams as the 2nd ruck/3rd tall forward or give Waterman a consistent role up forward.

Allen being out makes us a worse side for sure, but it's not like KPF is a position that we wouldn't be able to cover him.

No Allen means we could play Kennedy/Darling and Williams as the 2nd ruck/3rd tall forward or give Waterman a consistent role up forward.

Allen being out makes us a worse side for sure, but it's not like KPF is a position that we wouldn't be able to cover him.

Worst case play McGovern forward, move H.Edwards into the backline

There was plenty of options rather than beat up Allen any more

Its a cracked bone that needed surgery. It wasn't treated. He was basically stickytaped up and made to wrestle 100kg gorilla's.

Its a cracked bone that needed surgery. It wasn't treated. He was basically stickytaped up and made to wrestle 100kg gorilla's.

kurt angle won a gold medal with a broken freaking neck, wrestling 100kg gorillas.

like i said it was probably an avulsion fracture not a crack, or a radial head fracture which 99% don’t need surgery. No way the medical staff would have put him out if there was a possibility of it worsening. Yes it compromised his performance. But as squashface couldn’t elaborate, we have no other young KPFs. Waterman isn’t a KPF, Williams was injured on/off most the year, jamieson long way off… don’t be surprised if we go tall this draft!

kurt angle won a gold medal with a broken freaking neck, wrestling 100kg gorillas.

like i said it was probably an avulsion fracture not a crack, or a radial head fracture which 99% don’t need surgery. No way the medical staff would have put him out if there was a possibility of it worsening. Yes it compromised his performance. But as squashface couldn’t elaborate, we have no other young KPFs. Waterman isn’t a KPF, Williams was injured on/off most the year, jamieson long way off… don’t be surprised if we go tall this draft!

A thousand apologies that my explanation and opinion wasn’t up to your lofty standards, my lord.

Angle ended up with an addiction to pain killers and nerve damage because he never got the proper care for his injuries, so not sure this is as good an example as you think it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That came after he won his gold medal with a broken freaking neck, as opiates, cocaine, testosterone etc are tested for at olympics

My point was that it did a lot more damage to him in the long run by not getting it looked at properly to begin with.

Allen isn't an individual going for gold either, he's on a team so it's not as make or break if he sits it out to heal properly.

I never said young?

I said that Kennedy/Darling and one of Williams/Waterman are fine cover for Allen.

You added the young part.
comedy at its best. Williams struggled and has been out ingured for yonks. Waterman is a spud of spud shed caliber.
Darling struggled as he is undersized and Kennedy is well and truely on his way out.

Has a fracture that doesn't require surgery yet goes in for surgery to treat said fracture? Interesting take on things.

Regardless, his performances were pretty trash for the second half of the season so he should be been parked not long after the bye.

We had cover for him forward. That or just play 2 tall forwards and rest Vardy there, considering how ineffective Vardy was around the ground he could've played a forward role instead, where he's actually decent.

You added the good part. I’m still waiting to see your list.

btw drop the inferiority complex and just stick with discussing things
Are you dense?

I have said twice already that a forward line of Kennedy/Darling and one of Williams/Waterman supporting would be fine cover for Allen. He kicked a grand total of 6 goals after the bye so I doubt the forward line would perform much worse without him in the team.

Are you dense?

I have said twice already that a forward line of Kennedy/Darling and one of Williams/Waterman supporting would be fine cover for Allen. He kicked a grand total of 6 goals after the bye so I doubt the forward line would perform much worse without him in the team.

waterman, Williams, vardy are NOT GOOD KPF’s. Glad you didn’t mention Brander. Perhaps that’s a reason why Allen wasn’t rested because there was no one else and Simpson wanted to make finals. The majority of the team didn’t kick a a goal after the bye.

i seriously hope you grow out of Miguel’s shadow if you’re trying to make a name for yourself. Form your own identity. We don’t need more Ill informed passive aggressive posters.

i seriously hope you grow out of Miguel’s shadow if you’re trying to make a name for yourself. Form your own identity. We don’t need more Ill informed passive aggressive posters.

Not sure what this has to do with me, except that you seem to have a complex about me and a compulsion to make up things I’m supposed to have said. Is this the latest or something?

waterman, Williams, vardy are NOT GOOD KPF’s. Glad you didn’t mention Brander. Perhaps that’s a reason why Allen wasn’t rested because there was no one else and Simpson wanted to make finals. The majority of the team didn’t kick a a goal after the bye.

I started typing out a response but I genuinely cannot be bothered as you are clearly incapable of considering any kind of viewpoint that is not your own

As someone that has 1st hand experience in a busted elbow, that is goddamn painful. Mine didn't require surgery and he's a madman for even getting though a single match let alone half a season.

The fact they had him doing part time ruck work with it is criminal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back