Injury SJOGHCIU - Offseason Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive had a very minor back fracture before that wssnt picked up on first scans.

Its not something you just dont know about. Its fricken debiltating. I just went for a MRI same day and they found the fracture in the MRI.

If they didnt just give him a MRI after his first scan on the same day, then they are complete plebstains.

Comes down to what Barrass told the S&C/medical staff

If he was simply saying my shoulders sore and nothing about his back until later then there’d be no reason for them to be looking there

If he told them from the start that his back was sore then that’s a different story

Unfortunately we don’t know what was said. Although I suspect that since they flew him to Victoria for the Carlton game hoping his shoulder would come good in time to play, that they weren’t aware of his back issue at that point in time

Comes down to what Barrass told the S&C/medical staff

If he was simply saying my shoulders sore and nothing about his back until later then there’d be no reason for them to be looking there

If he told them from the start that his back was sore then that’s a different story

Unfortunately we don’t know what was said. Although I suspect that since they flew him to Victoria for the Carlton game hoping his shoulder would come good in time to play, that they weren’t aware of his back issue at that point in time

Surely with an incident like that they are looking at replays and making diagnosis - especially with current climate around concussion?

I mean it's not your local gp where you are going in and discussing your symptoms.

I think its time for the club to tap Oscar on the shoulder and pull him out for the rest of the season. He is worth way too much long tearm to keep playing him with his dodgy shoulders, and now elbow. Same with Cole, both ankles iced didnt look good for him. Time to get ready for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its time for the club to tap Oscar on the shoulder and pull him out for the rest of the season. He is worth way too much long tearm to keep playing him with his dodgy shoulders, and now elbow. Same with Cole, both ankles iced didnt look good for him. Time to get ready for next year.

Williams has looked alright too.

Only issue is burning him out as well.

I doubt anyone will be surprised but on Ask Simmo he just said that, despite probably being ok to play, they’re shutting down Burgiel for the rest of the year

With only 2 games left and him being a first year player it probably makes sense.

I doubt anyone will be surprised but on Ask Simmo he just said that, despite probably being ok to play, they’re shutting down Burgiel for the rest of the year

With only 2 games left and him being a first year player it probably makes sense.

That’s now four players who could’ve been shut down ahead of the mid-season draft.

Injury list:

Oscar Allen Elbow Test

Tom Barrass Back Season

Coby Burgiel Hamstring Season

Tom Cole Ankle Test

Jai Culley Knee Season

Harry Edwards Groin Season

Reuben Ginbey Hamstring Season

Brady Hough Illness Test

Shannon Hurn Achilles 1 week

Callum Jamieson Illness Test

Ryan Maric Calf Test