Injury SJOGHCIU - Offseason Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive had a very minor back fracture before that wssnt picked up on first scans.

Its not something you just dont know about. Its fricken debiltating. I just went for a MRI same day and they found the fracture in the MRI.

If they didnt just give him a MRI after his first scan on the same day, then they are complete plebstains.

Are we now look for anything that justifies the thought that club are complete plebstajns?

Your really think if he was debilitated the doc said “nah you are fine mate, get on the plane”.

Only guessing here but pain killers for shoulder masked the pain in the back.

That's

Yeo hammy. Is anyone even shocked any more?

As someone who's been more than happy to see Simmo coach on, if this is true this should be the reason he's sacked.

Anyone could see yeo spent way too much time on ball and was kept in their for the sake of that 4th quarter. Rotations and management thrown out the window...

Once again Simmo can't help himself and is intentionally throwing away the late stage of Yeo's footy career for the sake of his own pride and job. All for a deadrubber game at the end of a season with the add on effect of costing us pick 1. Add to that continuing to play Oscar despite so clearly nursing soreness from multiple injuries.

If Yeo continues to have injury concerns next year you can't help but point at the absolute joke of a job all the coaching staff have done this year at managing his load.

Anyone could see yeo spent way too much time on ball and was kept in their for the sake of that 4th quarter. Rotations and management thrown out the window...

Once again Simmo can't help himself and is intentionally throwing away the late stage of Yeo's footy career for the sake of his own pride and job. All for a deadrubber game at the end of a season with the add on effect of costing us pick 1. Add to that continuing to play Oscar despite so clearly nursing soreness from multiple injuries.

If Yeo continues to have injury concerns next year you can't help but point at the absolute joke of a job all the coaching staff have done this year at managing his load.
Admitted to keeping Yeo too long in the middle as well when we were hardly in the game in round 5 vs Geelong, which resulted in him being injured again after 2 games back from injury

Last edited:

Yeo playing defence isn't a cureall for his soft tissue injuries, he could easily ping something at half back.

Yeo playing defence isn't a cureall for his soft tissue injuries, he could easily ping something at half back.
He's yet to ping anything playing purely as a half back, like clockwork over the past 2 years it's only ever been a result of lingering too long in the midfield. Today he had 4 centre clearances at full sprint and like 18 centre bounce attendances, last week he had none.

You can't just suddenly change an athletes work load and not expect a massively increased risk of injury. He hasn't played consistent consecutive midfield for like 4 years, his body might still be capable of the bursts of athleticism but its not capable of a full game at that level right now.

Simpson admitted that playing Yeo on the ball too long led to his hamstring injury … in a game we really didn’t need to win 🤦‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall a game against Richmond where Yeo refused to come off for his scheduled breaks in the last quarter. The guy hates losing and is very competitive. If he thinks the game is in the balance and he can make a difference he isn't holding back. It's what makes him a great player - injury is the unfortunate flipside of that.

Can imagine Yeo didnt want to come off even if he was told too.

You could tell all he wanted was to win this game.

Don’t remember exactly when it was (late 3rd or early 4th, might have been first bounce of the 4th) but there was a shot of Yeo in the centre with smoke coming out his nostrils

It was the angry Yeo we love and have missed so much. He took control of the game in those first 5-10 minutes of the last quarter

Hopefully he gets the right conditioning into him this offseason and puts his injury concerns behind him

Don’t remember exactly when it was (late 3rd or early 4th, might have been first bounce of the 4th) but there was a shot of Yeo in the centre with smoke coming out his nostrils

It was the angry Yeo we love and have missed so much. He took control of the game in those first 5-10 minutes of the last quarter

Hopefully he gets the right conditioning into him this offseason and puts his injury concerns behind him
Yeah it’s that mad stare - the white line fever - that I love about him. His competitiveness is there for all to see.
By comparison TK might be just as competitive but he always seems on cruise control even when he’s dominating.

Schofield on his pod was saying McGovern might have done his hammy as well in the game

There was definitely a moment in the last quarter when he got up and was grabbing at his hammy just under his butt cheek

It was a oh s**t moment but he played the game out although that’s not necessarily a good thing.

Not sure exactly how late in the game it was

There was definitely a moment in the last quarter when he got up and was grabbing at his hammy just under his butt cheek

It was a oh s**t moment but he played the game out although that’s not necessarily a good thing.

I'm pretty sure it was right towards the end. Definitely 'looked' like he was clutching the hammy :(

Yep, he went to ground in a contest with about 10 minutes to go and had a little feel at his hammy as he got up.

Was taking intercept marks in defence only minutes later so I thought he'd escaped injury. Maybe not :(
Simpson did mention in his post-game presser that he was "sore".

If he does miss vs Adelaide it will leave Bazzo, Rotham and Hurn to take on Walker, Thilthorpe and Fogarty. I don't like the sound of that

Somehow I don't think that it is a co-incidence that the teams at the pointy end of the ladder have the shortest injury lists. And have done so for most of the season.
Take out 5 or 6 of their best 10 for half the season and the Pies, Dees, Port and Lions look very vulnerable.

Not saying that fixing the injury list would suddenly turn us into a top 4 side (our list problems, well identified, run a bit deeper than that), but I think that we'd be a few places higher than we are.

Somehow I don't think that it is a co-incidence that the teams at the pointy end of the ladder have the shortest injury lists. And have done so for most of the season.
Take out 5 or 6 of their best 10 for half the season and the Pies, Dees, Port and Lions look very vulnerable.

Not saying that fixing the injury list would suddenly turn us into a top 4 side (our list problems, well identified, run a bit deeper than that), but I think that we'd be a few places higher than we are.
Yep the injury of just a few players certainly seems to have taken the edge off Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back