Skins clothing

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn't quite know where to post this but i have a few questions about it.

Do they help?

Are you meant to wear it during the game and then keep them on to assist recovery?

Has anyone worn the sleeveless variety under their footy jumper? How did it feel while playing?

i wear them while umpiring cricket - the long pants. I have a short-sleeved shirt too, but i don't wear that all that often. It helps the legs after a day out on the field. But to be honest, i think a lot of it is in your head.

I've tried running in them, and i find them absolutely impossible to run in, i feel so constricted when i run - maybe that is the point, but i hate them when it comes to running.

I've tried running in them, and i find them absolutely impossible to run in, i feel so constricted when i run - maybe that is the point, but i hate them when it comes to running.

I wear Puma tights and whilst at first they are awkward to run in, you soon get used to it.

For me, they are more about keeping the muscles warm then anything else

I wear Puma tights and whilst at first they are awkward to run in, you soon get used to it.

For me, they are more about keeping the muscles warm then anything else

i've got some Puma tights also (had them for a couple of years), they've now loosened up (and can almost be compared to track pants!), and are fantastic to run in now, they keep everything warm without me feeling so constricted that i can't run. Maybe it takes longer for skins, i dunno, but i cannot run in skins for the life of me.

They are outstanding, I can't speak highly enough of them.

I personally wear them during the games and depending on how sore I am/likely to be i'll keep them on. For example last week I only played a quarter grrr. so they came straight off, but yesterday I did a full game on the ball and ended up going out in them last night!

They are outstanding, I can't speak highly enough of them.

I personally wear them during the games and depending on how sore I am/likely to be i'll keep them on. For example last week I only played a quarter grrr. so they came straight off, but yesterday I did a full game on the ball and ended up going out in them last night!
How did you fare afterwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well my neck and ankle are pretty ____ed, but that's probably got nothing to do with the skins!:p

Not to mention the hangover!

But the thighs are great, no real sore spots or lactic acid left at all:thumbsu:

I hated tearing thigh muscles. Forget the skins, just make sure you do the stretches properly. And all the way too. It's a pain in the backside but it's well worth it.

Good luck. :)

I have the full length leg skins and are a must have for me as my cafl muscles get very very tight. Every training during and after and after matches i wore them and felt i recovered much better when i was usuing them to previously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back