XFactor1979

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2008
Lurkville
AFL Club
West Coast
tumblr_m179p1cX5y1qe8lc6o1_250.gif

tumblr_m179p1cX5y1qe8lc6o2_250.gif

Franky's transformation from shy and awkward asexual being to bitchy and manipulative 'mini-Mini' has ruined her character completely. She's gone from a character the audience sympathised with and enjoyed to one who is seemingly universally disliked for the way she treats others.

What really upset me was her deleting Alo's voice-message; does she not remember that Alo was one of the few who treated her well when she started at Roundview?

I also loved Liv's episode and completely agreed when Liv accused Franky of never taking responsibility for things she had caused; mainly Grace's death. :(

Also agree with the above poster who said we need more Rich! He had two of the better episodes in this generation and his relationship with Alo is refreshing in a show where friendships seem to break down every two seconds.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought the finale was good. Much better than season 4. However, I feel like perhaps if they introduced Franky's mother in Franky's episode earlier this season and then spent the rest of the season redeeming her character, I would've enjoyed her character a lot more and this season a lot more.

Felt really sad for Rich. Looks like he'll be lonely for a very long time.

thedaz47

All Australian
Mar 12, 2008
Rockhampton
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City, Wolves, Detroit Lions
Thought the finale was good. Much better than season 4. However, I feel like perhaps if they introduced Franky's mother in Franky's episode earlier this season and then spent the rest of the season redeeming her character, I would've enjoyed her character a lot more and this season a lot more.

Felt really sad for Rich. Looks like he'll be lonely for a very long time.

I disagree. I loved the second generation's party at the end and Naomi's outpouring, as I've mentioned ad nauseum. I did like the emotion of Franky meeting her mother, but I think that the third generation was a stinking pile of s**t in all. Rich's girlfriend died and, aside from the initial denial, he seemed to be the only one unaffected. The Franky character was the most frustrating in all six years, because I felt like they started too many things and then just didn't deal with them. The well-dressed drug dealer went as fast as he came, her adoption woes came almost from the blue in the second last episode, and I don't think they ever knew what they were going to do with her and Matty and Nick, which showed with the ridiculous cop-out resolution to that plot device in the finale. What ever happened to the socially awkward asexual girl with the doll that brought the group together? I liked that girl.

Give me season six back and I'll make up my own storyline thanks.

I disagree. I loved the second generation's party at the end and Naomi's outpouring, as I've mentioned ad nauseum. I did like the emotion of Franky meeting her mother, but I think that the third generation was a stinking pile of s**t in all. Rich's girlfriend died and, aside from the initial denial, he seemed to be the only one unaffected. The Franky character was the most frustrating in all six years, because I felt like they started too many things and then just didn't deal with them. The well-dressed drug dealer went as fast as he came, her adoption woes came almost from the blue in the second last episode, and I don't think they ever knew what they were going to do with her and Matty and Nick, which showed with the ridiculous cop-out resolution to that plot device in the finale. What ever happened to the socially awkward asexual girl with the doll that brought the group together? I liked that girl.

Top post. Pretty rubbish season really, with a few highlights along the way.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

Oh yeah, definitely agree with all of that. Franky was the most frustrating character to watch. I still don't understand her transformation other than the fact the producers thought it'd be good viewing. I disliked how Franky-centric this entire season was.

So many potential storylines were opened up in season 5 and it's like in season 6 they completely threw them out the window. What happened to Mini's crush on Franky they were foreshadowing? Season 6 could've been so much better - changing Franky was the worst decision they made.

Ya'll heard they're officially, finally providing us with a solution?

No movie, but three TV movies for each generation.

Couldn't care less for Gen 3, but Gen 2 has to be be wrapped up, and Gen 1 was great, so I'd love to see a bit more of them.
Wow, interesting. Bring it on!

Back