Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

saintkildaman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 1, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
The depth of some of the stories in this board are impressive and do not think I'll be able to replicate that so instead I'll just be giving updates season by season as I turn a club (options in poll) into a super team with a premiership dynasty.

I'll post end of home and away results and trade week/draft changes each year as well as yearly review. Vote for the club I shall manage and I'll start my career in the next few days.

Brisbane supporters need something to cheer about after the disaster of the last few years.
Give em a crack.
Only problem about that is, Brisbane are actually pretty decent with my lists I created (don't know how) so the success saintkildaman gets will be pretty soon rather then a full rebuild of a club

Only problem about that is, Brisbane are actually pretty decent with my lists I created (don't know how) so the success saintkildaman gets will be pretty soon rather then a full rebuild of a club

You made Brisbane decent?

:eek: what have you doooooone!???

Finished 2nd last in poor season. Looking to rebuild while still challenging.

Trade 1: Westhoff for 26
Trade 2: Schulz for Kruezer
Trade 3: L.Austin, 26, 37 for Gibbs, 40, 23
Trade 4: J.Palmer, 2 for S.Fisher, 1
Trade 5. Butcher for McVeigh
Trade 6: Wingard for K.Stevens, 3
Trade 7. Lobbe for Burgoyne, Whitecross
Trade 8: Howard, 40 for Vince, 32
Trade 9: Neade for Goddard
Trade 10: Bonner, Clurey, 20 for Goldsack, 11

Trade week review:
10 trades in a massive week for the club. Big change was needed, and we are happy with what we have acquired. South Australians Gibbs, Fisher, Burgoyne and Vince have all return to finish their careers in their home state and provide us with a lot of experience. Kruezer will look to partner the returning Ryder while McVeigh and Stevens bolster our inside mid stocks, something we lacked vitally in 2016. Goldsack and Whitecross give us a depth. The biggest trade of the week was Chad Wingard to the Bulldogs for pick 3. Chad had a poor season for us and our team structure didn't allow for us to be playing a player of his quality in a pocket. All we need to do is nail our picks.

Draft

Pick 1: Elias Trundley
Outside Mid 78-97

Pick 3: Louis Meligam
Tall Forward 74-94

Pick 11: Ryan Arnold
Ruckman 71-90

Pick 23: Braden Thalrose
Tagger 73-89

Pick 32: Liam Kos
Small defender 67-86

PSD
Pick 2: Michael Hurley
Tall Defender 88

Rookie

Pick 1: Trent Dumont
Inside mid 72-86

Pick 19: Martin Seffert
Small defender 66-83

Pick 36: Nicholas Kos
Inside mid 60-81

Pick 53: Abraham Callow
Ruckman 62-80

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised you went with a lot of *older* players through the trade period. Gibbs, Fisher, Burgoyne and Vince are all above what..27?
Following the Tigers trend and rebuilding in 4 seasons instead of 8 with mature players. According to our football boss Dan Richardson anyway.

Well that didn't take long...

Season 2 review:
Port Adelaide have completed a massive turn around, going from 2nd last to premiers in 1 season. Big name recruits fired with Hurley swinging between defence and attack booting a solid 58 goals. Kruezer had a great year in the ruck and worked well with old teammate Bryce Gibbs who averaged a healthy 26 touches. Goddard and Vince had great seasons whilst fellow veterans McVeigh and Fisher justified their recruitment before both hanging up the boots.

Picks 1 and 3 Elias Trundley and Louis Meligan showed their quality throughout their first season of footy. Both played 16 games with Trundley kicking 27 goals playing forward for the start of the season before moving into the midfield for the finals where he was BOG in the prelim. Meligan played 16 games and kicked 32 partnering with Ryder, Dixon and Hurley. Young ruckman Ryan Arnold also played as the teams sole ruck for 6 games whilst Kruezer was injured.

Trade week

Trade 1: J.Toumpas, S.Colquhoun for M.Scharenberg, T.Varcoe,
Trade 2: T.Dumont, A.Johnson, M.Broadbent for 8
Trade 3: O.Wines, W.Snelling, 53 for 5,24
Trade 4: 31 for T.McKenzie

Trade week review:
A lot of younger players been moved on for my opportunities. Added in an experienced small forward which we needed in Varcoe. Scharenberg returns home to SA after injury riddled years at Collingwood. Wines returned to victoria and will link up with ex teammate Chad Wingard at the Bulldogs. McKenzie comes and will replace the retiring Sam Fisher in the best 22.

National Draft

Pick 5: Brendan Erikson
Tall defender 72-96

Pick 8: Cameron Holsey
Inside/Outside mid 77-92

Pick 17: Travis Logan
Outside mid 70-91

Pick 24: Cesar Steggles
Ruckman 72-87

PSD

Pick 17: Sam Pendleton
Inside mid/Tagger 72-87

Rookie

Pick 17: Andy award
Inside mid 70-85

Pick 34: Devin Buchet
Tall Forward 64-80

Pick 51: Erick Catlett
Tagger 68-80

Season 3 review

Going back to back was always going to be hard, but to dominate the home and away season only to be struck down with injuries in the finals and fall 3 points of a GF really hurt. Young stars Meligan and Trundley continued their brilliant starts to their careers and I am confident next year we will start to see them shine. First years Travis Logan and Cam Holsey showed heaps of potential playing 8 and 9 games respectively. Recruit Matt Scharenberg again struggled with injury and then form once he returned to the senior side resulting in just the 3 games for the year.

Trade Week

Trade 1: C.Dixon, M.Hurley, 14, 33, 50 for 5, 24, 41

Trade week review-
With many clubs being inactive throughout trade week we only completed the 1 trade. The trade comes as a shock to the football world, a club in their premiership window trading away to gun KPPs but I am very confident that early draft picks Meligan and Erickson can cover the losses. I have managed to obtain pick 5 which I will use on a midfielder to prepare the upcoming retirements of Gray (31 next year) Boak (30) Ebert (29) Gibbs (30).

National draft

Pick 5: Troy Gittens
Inside mid 73-92

Pick 24: Dante Comley
Tall forward 67-86

Pick 41: Andrew Stanion
Small forward 69-85

PSD
Pick 14: Nick Henning
Inside mid 71-90

Rookie draft

Pick 14: Hugh Beasley