Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping Newcastle go up for Rafa.

Also hope QPR go up for my cousin, that's very unlikely IMO though. Think they will finish midtable.

Derby surely will go up?

Will catch a few games on Foxtel Go when I can.

Suspect it'll be three of Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Wednesday and Brighton. Hard to see many others competing up the top end.
Have Villa been splashing the cash this window, have new owners don't they?

Their squad was in shambles. A few months ago I would have said they would struggle in this league as well.

Their squad was in shambles. A few months ago I would have said they would struggle in this league as well.

Fair point, not sure who they've brought in. Norwich always a shout as well I suppose, they know the division better than the other two.

I think I saw they were the biggest spenders (after us). Just had a look and they've been busy too - 5 signings (2 on loan).

Aaron Tshibola from Reading (midfielder), Pierluigi Gollini U21 Italian international keeper, Tommy Elphick Bournemouth captain (cb), Callum Robinson (LW from Preston), José Ángel Crespo (CB from Rayo Vallecano).

Don't know any of these guys but seems they are strengthening all over the pitch.

Fair point, not sure who they've brought in. Norwich always a shout as well I suppose, they know the division better than the other two.

Norwich might be thereabouts too. They've sold Redmond to Soton and brought in Sergi Canós from Liverpool? Not sure if you know much about him RossFC?

As for us, I'm optimistic and excited for the future but not sure I'd say confident haha. I'm not going to look too far ahead. Will just see how we start the season and take it from there. The club is definitely gunning for promotion at the first attempt but nothing is ever easy/straightforward for us and neither is the Championship. :p

I think I saw they were the biggest spenders (after us). Just had a look and they've been busy too - 5 signings (2 on loan).

Aaron Tshibola from Reading (midfielder), Pierluigi Gollini U21 Italian international keeper, Tommy Elphick Bournemouth captain (cb), Callum Robinson (LW from Preston), José Ángel Crespo (CB from Rayo Vallecano).

Don't know any of these guys but seems they are strengthening all over the pitch.

Norwich might be thereabouts too. They've sold Redmond to Soton and brought in Sergi Canós from Liverpool? Not sure if you know much about him RossFC?
Canos looks a good prospect, 7 goals and 5 assists for Brentford last season as an 18 year old.

Their fans loved him (Played 38 games, half starting, half as sub).

Only played 1 game for us late in the season vs West Brom (as a sub).

We managed to slip a buy-back clause in there so if he progresses like we think he will we'll get him back for probs 3mil or something.

We've actually been quite busy in the transfer market thus far, with 6 signings:

Marcus Antonsson
Kyle Bartley (loan from Swansea)
Hadi Sacko (loan from Sporting)
Rob Green :rolleyes: (backup to Silvestri I'm hoping)
Matt Grimes (loan from Swansea)
Kemar Roofe

Honestly, don't know much about them (asides from Rob Green), so if anyone can fill me in I'd be appreciative :)

Hanging on to Alex Mowatt should be a priority, especially since Lewis Cooke and Sam Byram have departed in the last two windows. Sad that Antenucci is gone

We've actually been quite busy in the transfer market thus far, with 6 signings:

Marcus Antonsson
Kemar Roofe

Honestly, don't know much about them (asides from Rob Green), so if anyone can fill me in I'd be appreciative :)

Hanging on to Alex Mowatt should be a priority, especially since Lewis Cooke and Sam Byram have departed in the last two windows

Roofe is a quality signing, really wanted us to get him. Will be a star and you'll make a profit on him I would think.

Not a massive amount of movement on the brentford front except for the young keeper Daniel Bentley. High hopes for him. Just like there was for the other one!!

Not a massive amount of movement on the brentford front except for the young keeper Daniel Bentley. High hopes for him. Just like there was for the other one!!

We were keen last summer, he looks a good prospect.

Newcastle my favs.

Norwich are always playoff region. Think Villa will struggle. Derby normally there but then fail at the back end of the season - interesting to see how Pearson handles that.

QPR need another striker and a couple of wingers but they've had a pretty decent window so far as well.

I do really love this league.

Btw, QPR Leeds is televised live on the opening weekend (Sunday night over here).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huddersfield fans have been raving over Mooy, be interesting to see how he goes against Liverpool.

Think he may finish right up there in the ratings at the end of the year.

Canos looks a good prospect, 7 goals and 5 assists for Brentford last season as an 18 year old.

Their fans loved him (Played 38 games, half starting, half as sub).

Only played 1 game for us late in the season vs West Brom (as a sub).

We managed to slip a buy-back clause in there so if he progresses like we think he will we'll get him back for probs 3mil or something.

Might be one for us to look out for!

Marcus Antonsson
Kemar Roofe

Hanging on to Alex Mowatt should be a priority, especially since Lewis Cooke and Sam Byram have departed in the last two windows. Sad that Antenucci is gone

Very active so far! Actually surprised me with all that business. Reckon you're gearing up for a promotion push?

Huddersfield fans have been raving over Mooy, be interesting to see how he goes against Liverpool.

Think he may finish right up there in the ratings at the end of the year.
Hope Mooy (Australian) and Danny Ward (Liverpool) both do well at Huddersfield.

Ipswich my smokey to go up this year. Now or never for McCarthy with them I think.

Also interested to see how Huddersfield get on. It'll be another blow to English coaches if they have a good season.

Considering Ipswich's progress... never has been the winner so far. 15th consecutive season in the Championship, probably the only thing that is certain about the division.

But really, this division is so whacked. Just about anyone could get relegated or promoted given the right circumstances. Brighton almost did (and really should've gone up instead), Burnley was the least favoured of the three promoted sides, yet they got the job done quietly (seriously, Burnley has no presence at all, just a quiet everyclub that just does what it needs to do with very little fanfare. Seriously, compared to Bournemouth last season, and their seasons either side in the Championship, they just get it done.)

You'd think Newcastle are certs, but as we can see, it will be a very close battle. One point could be the difference between becoming Champions, and missing out altogether. It's a very cruel league.

Very active so far! Actually surprised me with all that business. Reckon you're gearing up for a promotion push?

Honestly would like to think so, but could just be squad turnover. There's been a couple of outs as well

The core squad is quite strong IMO, and we've shown over the last season or two capable of beating any other team. Just need to build the depth so we've got that consistency

I like having Gary Monk as a manager, should do well at this level

Reading have had a complete clean out. New manager Jaap Stam. Had around 10 guys leave the club including Robson Kanu, Tshibola and both Vydra and Hector going back after loan spells. 6 in so far but no one of note. Going to be interesting to see how they go hopefully not relegated.

Honestly would like to think so, but could just be squad turnover. There's been a couple of outs as well

The core squad is quite strong IMO, and we've shown over the last season or two capable of beating any other team. Just need to build the depth so we've got that consistency

I like having Gary Monk as a manager, should do well at this level

I'm definitely keen to see how Monk goes, hopefully can reinvent his career with you guys. Started off nicely with Swansea before it sort of fell apart. Quite a strong class of managers for the season ahead throughout the division.

Reading have had a complete clean out. New manager Jaap Stam. Had around 10 guys leave the club including Robson Kanu, Tshibola and both Vydra and Hector going back after loan spells. 6 in so far but no one of note. Going to be interesting to see how they go hopefully not relegated.

Similarly to Monk, I'm keen to see how Stam goes - I remember his appointment catching me a bit off guard (seemed to go under the radar at least to me haha). Seems like he has been sweeping the changes!

Only first squad signing is Glenn Murray on loan.

Mid table mediocrity here we come as we watch teams spunk 10 million on a striker for a Championship club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back