Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Only hull

An interesting development overnight jd - seems Yedlin has been seen in Newcastle and presumably we are looking the favourites to sign him (not sure if loan or transfer though).

Watford apparently are going to sign Janmaat in the next few days so if we need to replace a RB, Yedlin might be the man for the job.

We are also getting linked to some guy Alan Judge from Brentford. Don't know much about him but seems Brentford fans rate him pretty highly.

Apparently Spurs are looking to get Sessegnon. £8m to get it done. We offered 3m initially. Likely to come back with a 3m + a few players + loan back of Sessengon.

Hopefully the moneyball man sees the value in having 2-3 players + cash. The last LB we bought from the championship turned out very well!
Hopefully not! If we want to get back to the Premier League and stay there, we need to keep our star youth players. We've lost Dembele and Roberts, who are now being irrelevant in Scotland, now we need to start keeping these young guns. We have one of the best academies in England for a reason.

Is 4 league games in too soon to sack a manager? There's bad and then there's Owen Coyle (and Venky's).

Ask Cellino. He was reportedly going to sack Monk after only 3 games including the Cup.

An interesting development overnight jd - seems Yedlin has been seen in Newcastle and presumably we are looking the favourites to sign him (not sure if loan or transfer though).

Watford apparently are going to sign Janmaat in the next few days so if we need to replace a RB, Yedlin might be the man for the job.

We are also getting linked to some guy Alan Judge from Brentford. Don't know much about him but seems Brentford fans rate him pretty highly.
Yeah 5m deal apparently not sure if add ons or not

Ask Cellino. He was reportedly going to sack Monk after only 3 games including the Cup.

I'd swap him for Owen Coyle. Just got to sell Cellino on Coyle's amazing record at Burnley, and hopefully he'll overlook the other 5 years of mediocrity and relegations.

Just noticed Derby have put in a decent bid for Vydra. He only managed 2 goals in the league for us last season.

Also has Blackman scored at all since he went there?

No Gayle and Mitro for the Brighton game. Not ideal...

Hope Perez or Armstrong can do the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australia may have the best two central midfielders in the championship atm. Mooy at Huddersfield and Jackson Irvine just scored his 3rd in his 3rd game for Burton.

Look like got a nice group of Aussies playing in the league. Jedinak, Irvine, Mooy, Luongo and Wright. All getting starts and doing well

Definitely great to see. Rogic is destroying it at Celtic as well.

There is another Aussie at Villa - Lyden? Apparently pretty highly rated at the club. There is also a young lad on loan at Brentford from Leicester who might be one to watch.

Solid 2-0 win for us overnight over a strong Brighton outfit. Shelvey getting his first goal as well.

Wouldn't mind seeing them go up under Hughton to be honest.

Tammy scores again. Goal, assist and a MOTM. This kid is going to be a cracker.

Been some talk over the weekend we are keen on getting Atsu on loan - wouldn't mind that. We need more depth out wide.

Is 4 league games in too soon to sack a manager? There's bad and then there's Owen Coyle (and Venky's).

I'm still at the point where I kinda just want us to get relegated.

WHile I'm here, I just remembered something that I thought I'd share.

I visited Ewood park for the first time about this time last year. There wasn't a game on or anything, I just wanted to see it. Was a few days before the opening game of the season against Wolves (?). My grandparents talked to the staff there and organised for me to get right up to the pitch and walk around the stands, was a really moving and weird experience. I'll upload some pics if I can find my old phone.

I was surprised at how old everything looked inside. Bit of a shock after watching soccer at AAMI park, MCG and docklands for years.

But yeah nah as I was sitting in the stands I realised I was actually kind of sad, one of my life dreams was to see a Blackburn match at Ewood. I could've sat there for our opening game of the season, but now it had become something I was trying to avoid. I left the morning of the game, caught the train back to London, no regrets.

Right now I'm surprised to see we're getting 10k attendances still, because from what I've heard there's little to no noise at the games and the stands always look empty.

Get rid of Venkys and people will return, it'll bring back this sort of passion and I'll be there too:

I'm still at the point where I kinda just want us to get relegated.

WHile I'm here, I just remembered something that I thought I'd share.

I visited Ewood park for the first time about this time last year. There wasn't a game on or anything, I just wanted to see it. Was a few days before the opening game of the season against Wolves (?). My grandparents talked to the staff there and organised for me to get right up to the pitch and walk around the stands, was a really moving and weird experience. I'll upload some pics if I can find my old phone.

I was surprised at how old everything looked inside. Bit of a shock after watching soccer at AAMI park, MCG and docklands for years.

But yeah nah as I was sitting in the stands I realised I was actually kind of sad, one of my life dreams was to see a Blackburn match at Ewood. I could've sat there for our opening game of the season, but now it had become something I was trying to avoid. I left the morning of the game, caught the train back to London, no regrets.

Right now I'm surprised to see we're getting 10k attendances still, because from what I've heard there's little to no noise at the games and the stands always look empty.

Get rid of Venkys and people will return, it'll bring back this sort of passion and I'll be there too:

Awesome memory! Great your grandparents and the club managed to get that organised!

Have the Venky's folks said anything recently about their intentions for the future direction of the club? i.e getting promoted back to the PL/putting the club on the market etc?

Always liked Blackburn going back to Shearer and then the Aussie connections with Emerton, Neill and Grella in the PL days.

Awesome memory! Great your grandparents and the club managed to get that organised!

Have the Venky's folks said anything recently about their intentions for the future direction of the club? i.e getting promoted back to the PL/putting the club on the market etc?

Always liked Blackburn going back to Shearer and then the Aussie connections with Emerton, Neill and Grella in the PL days.

John Filan as keeper and we even had Robbie Slater for a season too.

I have no idea what's going on. I know the fans are trying to organise protests outside the ground and more media personalities are getting on board after less than 3000 home fans rocked up to a midweek match and our average home crowd is under 10k I think.

I don't think anything will change though, nobody will do anything about it and we'll just continue to sink until Venky's eventually sell, whenever that may be.

I'm hoping failure and relegation will force something to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back