Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Leeds vs Newcastle at Elland Road is shaping up to be a belter. Can't wait to see what the boys can do against the league leaders.

Tried checking Bein sports guide to see if it was televised, but it's not published that far in advance

Leeds vs Newcastle at Elland Road is shaping up to be a belter. Can't wait to see what the boys can do against the league leaders.

Just realised that's up next for us - going to be a tough game coming back after the break. We are probably due a loss... :p

There's actually a few other cracking matches that weekend.

Brighton v an improving Villa.
Fulham v Sheff Wed (both sides on the fringes of playoff spots)

Reading are also flying under the radar a bit.

Tried checking Bein sports guide to see if it was televised, but it's not published that far in advance

It's a Sunday night/Monday morning kick off for us and is the only match that day (in the Championship) - hopefully will be televised!

Could I just say, Fulham swapping Jazz Richards for Scott Malone has been one of the best transfers we've made in a long long time. Scott was immense against Brentford in our 0-2 win. Great partnership with Ryan Fredericks who suddenly can run hard for a full 90. Kalas and Siggurdson are also doing a great job in centre back, and Tom Cairney has been superb lately. Things are definitely looking up given where we were even a year ago.

Just realised that's up next for us - going to be a tough game coming back after the break. We are probably due a loss... :p

There's actually a few other cracking matches that weekend.

Brighton v an improving Villa.
Fulham v Sheff Wed (both sides on the fringes of playoff spots)

Reading are also flying under the radar a bit.

Norwich are in a rut. Lost the last 3 in the league, haven't won in their last 5 in all comps (including twice to Leeds :) )

Could I just say, Fulham swapping Jazz Richards for Scott Malone has been one of the best transfers we've made in a long long time. Scott was immense against Brentford in our 0-2 win. Great partnership with Ryan Fredericks who suddenly can run hard for a full 90. Kalas and Siggurdson are also doing a great job in centre back, and Tom Cairney has been superb lately. Things are definitely looking up given where we were even a year ago.

Reckon playoffs/promotion is possible this season?

Norwich are in a rut. Lost the last 3 in the league, haven't won in their last 5 in all comps (including twice to Leeds :) )

Yeah Norwich are definitely under a bit of pressure now - a month ago they were looking very good for automatic promotion and now they've fallen behind a bit and seem a bit shaky to say the least. I wonder if Neil is in danger?

By "us" do you mean Melbourne time or Perth time? :)

Haha Melbourne - googled it and it's 12.15am Monday morning over here - so probably a super nice 9.15pm kick off for you westerners :p

Reckon playoffs/promotion is possible this season?
Given the absolute shambles we've been in for a fair while, I'm not expecting that much, just to save me from the likely disappointment :p But I'll say that the form we've been in lately is worthy of a playoff spot

Given the absolute shambles we've been in for a fair while, I'm not expecting that much, just to save me from the likely disappointment :p But I'll say that the form we've been in lately is worthy of a playoff spot

Haha fair enough - it is a long season and I'm sure there will be plenty of twists and turns before the season ends. At the very least, Jokanovic seems to have you guys tracking upwards (seem to recall you guys flirting with relegation last season). He might be building up the foundations for a strong push next season (if not this one). He's the chap who got Watford promoted and then was replaced before the PL started wasn't he?

I went to the Huddersfield game. Tom Cairney is a different class.

I went to the Huddersfield game. Tom Cairney is a different class.

Was my favourite player back in 08-10 when we were first PL. Such a gem and surprised he hasn't made the step up yet. Was such a promising kid who got led astray a bit by Bullard.

Is Fredericks playing RB or RM these days?

He was in our academy for a few years but obviously had too many ahead of him

Newcastle V Leeds is by far the game I'm looking forward to the most so far this season in any league. Should be a belter with the atmosphere at a sold-out Elland Road and Leeds finally finally looking like a credible chance for promotion after all their years in the wilderness. Would love to see them win it as it could be the catalyst to finally get them back to the top flight. Always liked Monk so I'm glad he's doing well too.

On a side note with Leeds, it seems they might finally be getting a new owner with an Italian called Andrea Radrizzani close to a buyout of the club. He's with MP & Silva, an international sports agency company (who I've never heard of) who are partners with FIFA, every big European league you can think of, AC Milan and Arsenal, numerous Asian football federations AND Formula 1. This particular bloke's speciality is TV growth for sport in Asia, so that could mean huge investment from China which would be massive for Leeds.

upload_2016-11-8_16-28-18.png

(I did not put that in).

Cellino's a prick but he did put Leeds on track by actually spending on the squad. He's not as bad as Ken Bates *shudders* or GFH Capital *vomits* and he might even still be involved with the club, but honestly I hope he moves on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcastle V Leeds is by far the game I'm looking forward to the most so far this season in any league. Should be a belter with the atmosphere at a sold-out Elland Road and Leeds finally finally looking like a credible chance for promotion after all their years in the wilderness. Would love to see them win it as it could be the catalyst to finally get them back to the top flight. Always liked Monk so I'm glad he's doing well too.

On a side note with Leeds, it seems they might finally be getting a new owner with an Italian called Andrea Radrizzani close to a buyout of the club. He's with MP & Silva, an international sports agency company (who I've never heard of) who are partners with FIFA, every big European league you can think of, AC Milan and Arsenal, numerous Asian football federations AND Formula 1. This particular bloke's speciality is TV growth for sport in Asia, so that could mean huge investment from China which would be massive for Leeds.

View attachment 308634

(I did not put that in).

Cellino's a prick but he did put Leeds on track by actually spending on the squad. He's not as bad as Ken Bates *shudders* or GFH Capital *vomits* and he might even still be involved with the club, but honestly I hope he moves on.

Going to be a tough game for us and we've already played most of the stronger outfits so far. That being said our away form is pretty strong so I'm almost thankful it will be at Elland Road haha.

Shelvey is in a bit of hot water for an alleged misconduct charge so if we miss him for the match, it will make things much harder given he's our chief playmaker.

Going to be a tough game for us and we've already played most of the stronger outfits so far. That being said our away form is pretty strong so I'm almost thankful it will be at Elland Road haha.

Shelvey is in a bit of hot water for an alleged misconduct charge so if we miss him for the match, it will make things much harder given he's our chief playmaker.

When Elland Road is buzzing, I wouldn't reckon any club would want to play there due to the atmosphere alone.

As for key players for Leeds, you have to think Jansson and Bartley are key for the Lillywhites. It's obvious Newcastle will be on the front foot so they'll need to make sure the defence is rock solid, otherwise I see you lot running riot.

When Elland Road is buzzing, I wouldn't reckon any club would want to play there due to the atmosphere alone.

As for key players for Leeds, you have to think Jansson and Bartley are key for the Lillywhites. It's obvious Newcastle will be on the front foot so they'll need to make sure the defence is rock solid, otherwise I see you lot running riot.

Wood's has had a great start for us this season, has notched up 7-8 goals already, and I don't think our next best has more than 2. He will be the other key for us

Will be interesting to see how he goes against his old team.

Wood's has had a great start for us this season, has notched up 7-8 goals already, and I don't think our next best has more than 2. He will be the other key for us

I agree with Wood, but I feel Jansson and Bartley will be more important to Leeds standing a chance of winning. O'Kane and Phillips anchoring the midfield will do a good job. Have been massively impressed with Kalvin so far.

Also, what happened to Mowatt? One of England's best young players and hasn't been played much from what I've seen. I'd of thought him and Roofe would be a lethal pairing along with Pablo.

Is Fredericks playing RB or RM these days?

He was in our academy for a few years but obviously had too many ahead of him
RB is where he starts these days, although his attacking is top notch, can easily go forward if needed. Hopefully he's over his injuries which have put him out of action for the last long while.

I agree with Wood, but I feel Jansson and Bartley will be more important to Leeds standing a chance of winning. O'Kane and Phillips anchoring the midfield will do a good job. Have been massively impressed with Kalvin so far.

Also, what happened to Mowatt? One of England's best young players and hasn't been played much from what I've seen. I'd of thought him and Roofe would be a lethal pairing along with Pablo.

Pablo is playing his favoured position it looks like, with Hadi Sacko and Roofe or Dallis on the wings, and as you say O'Kane, Phillips or Viera holding.

Pablo is playing his favoured position it looks like, with Hadi Sacko and Roofe or Dallis on the wings, and as you say O'Kane, Phillips or Viera holding.

GK: Green
DEF: Ayling-Jansson-Bartley-Taylor
HM: O'Kane-Phillips
AM: Roofe-Mowatt-Pablo
ST: Wood

Honestly believe that on paper, that'd be Leed's best side to put out on the park against Newcastle. Mowatt (IMO) is a better version of Shelvey and with Roofe and Pablo on the wings, Wood would get great service. The defence and HM are locks.

Honestly believe that on paper, that'd be Leed's best side to put out on the park against Newcastle. Mowatt (IMO) is a better version of Shelvey and with Roofe and Pablo on the wings, Wood would get great service. The defence and HM are locks.

Sacko has been one of our best this season, starts over Roofe IMO. Pablo has been great in the free role, and I think Dallas wide is a bit more defensively accountable. Viera looks the goods but is only 18, so will play intermittently you'd think

I'll definitely be keen to see Jansson in action - he made Holloway's team of the season (so far). Also, good to see Mooy in there (along with 3 Toon players :D). chef Tammy in there too. stew42 Malone at LB. Bostonian 2 reps for Brighton (Bruno & Knockaert).

skysports-ian-holloway-team-of-the-season-championship_3826220.jpg

Might be confusing us with West Brom haha. :p

Not disputing your right to an opinion or anything but genuinely just curious on why you believe that mate - just enjoying having some pre match discussion to increase my Leeds knowledge :).

I'll definitely be keen to see Jansson in action - he made Holloway's team of the season (so far). Also, good to see Mooy in there (along with 3 Toon players :D). chef Tammy in there too. stew42 Malone at LB. Bostonian 2 reps for Brighton (Bruno & Knockaert).

skysports-ian-holloway-team-of-the-season-championship_3826220.jpg
More reason to laugh my guts out at Cardiff!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back