Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha, I have to admit, while we do have two Leicester-centric videos, I have to admit that this one is probably my favourite one just purely on how much work went into making it fully Toon and combined it with Gazza's song [Dennis Wise getting his comeuppance, nice].(I kinda wished we had more Leicester players in the others, thought 'WDTFS' episode was the debut of Drinkwater.)

Talking about this makes me miss the amount of media and fun that was dedicated to us over the title winning season, sigh.

Maybe they could have snuck Danny Simpson in there with his PL medal having a chuckle at his old club. :D

As a Wednesday supporter, I like this idea! Though we've only got pinstripes this year, still can't get used to this

Ugh. Don't worry, it won't last. It wasn't long ago that Saints mucked around with Arsenal & Liverpool like jerseys. It was quickly back to the stripes.

Do you like your chances of promotion? Or is it simply a matter of making the playoffs & then they're as good a chance as any?

Ugh. Don't worry, it won't last. It wasn't long ago that Saints mucked around with Arsenal & Liverpool like jerseys. It was quickly back to the stripes.

Do you like your chances of promotion? Or is it simply a matter of making the playoffs & then they're as good a chance as any?
We look like Ipswich...

Can't see us making the Top 2 atm so I think it'll be a similar story to last season, aim for the play-offs and hopefully we will go one better this time

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Maybe they could have snuck Danny Simpson in there with his PL medal having a chuckle at his old club. :D

Funnily enough, Simpson (and King) made their debuts in the Community Shield game. Simpson`s made a few appearances since, King`s gone invisible.

Good to see a bit of Yorkie love going on here... though as a Collingwood fan, I`d rather see the Black and White Stripes make up the other promotion spot if you don`t mind.

Thanks Leeds.

8 points clear of third place at present. Nice place to be coming up to half way through the season.

You're welcome. Strengthens our playoff position, but it's getting very bunched up now from 3-10, only 5 points between those spots.

I think our only losses in the last couple of months have been to the top 2, and Liverpool in the cup, so just need to keep putting up the wins.

Wood subbed out at the half hour mark, hope it's not too bad. Might be chance for Roofe to have a crack up front, or Doukara

Thanks Leeds.

8 points clear of third place at present. Nice place to be coming up to half way through the season.

Brighton are definitely the form team at the moment. I still think that if Newcastle and Brighton played ten times in a row we would come away with maybe 5 wins and 2 draws or something similar, but I would think we are more likely to fall in a heap than you.

Brighton are definitely the form team at the moment. I still think that if Newcastle and Brighton played ten times in a row we would come away with maybe 5 wins and 2 draws or something similar, but I would think we are more likely to fall in a heap than you.

I think we are a far different side now to when we played Newcastle earlier in the season. Stephens wasn't fit, Baldock wasn't fit, Duffy and Dunk hadn't formed their league best defensive pairing. I think you are better up front and we're better down back. Midfield is the interesting match up. We've been on a 15 game unbeaten streak without our best midfielder in Kayal missing for half of it. I think you guys are a shoe I to get auto promotion so I'm not even really worrying about your results. I'm just watching all the teams below.

As a kangas supporter, I'm hoping for an all blue & white vertical stripes promotion trio this season! Currently 3 of the top 7.

Funnily enough, Simpson (and King) made their debuts in the Community Shield game. Simpson`s made a few appearances since, King`s gone invisible.

Good to see a bit of Yorkie love going on here... though as a Collingwood fan, I`d rather see the Black and White Stripes make up the other promotion spot if you don`t mind.

As FT said, as long as a black and white striped club is among the 3 to go up, that's all I really want to see come the end of the season. :p

I think we are a far different side now to when we played Newcastle earlier in the season. Stephens wasn't fit, Baldock wasn't fit, Duffy and Dunk hadn't formed their league best defensive pairing. I think you are better up front and we're better down back. Midfield is the interesting match up. We've been on a 15 game unbeaten streak without our best midfielder in Kayal missing for half of it. I think you guys are a shoe I to get auto promotion so I'm not even really worrying about your results. I'm just watching all the teams below.

I'm definitely impressed with your boys - really firming up as the other strong automatic promotion contender in the division this season. Our away trip will be a tough match and test. Hasn't been a happy hunting ground in recent years either with early cup exits lol. I'm just thankful there is a bit of a gap to the chasing pack (as HR said, it's getting pretty congested).

Do you think Brighton will do any spending in January? And if so, what areas?

I'm definitely impressed with your boys - really firming up as the other strong automatic promotion contender in the division this season. Our away trip will be a tough match and test. Hasn't been a happy hunting ground in recent years either with early cup exits lol. I'm just thankful there is a bit of a gap to the chasing pack (as HR said, it's getting pretty congested).

Do you think Brighton will do any spending in January? And if so, what areas?

I don't think we will be doing much in the transfer window in regards to bringing players in. We'll be under more pressure to hold onto the ones we have.

Only area we might bring in some cover will be in the forwards department.

We just had a 25 million loss last season so we'll be struggling to even make the FFP requirements. Spending money won't help that situation out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-0 away win at Wigan this morning - Diame and Atsu with the goals.

Given it hasn't been the happiest hunting ground for us in recent years, it makes it a great way to start the day.

Plus Sunderland loss hehe.

I don't think we will be doing much in the transfer window in regards to bringing players in. We'll be under more pressure to hold onto the ones we have.

Only area we might bring in some cover will be in the forwards department.

We just had a 25 million loss last season so we'll be struggling to even make the FFP requirements. Spending money won't help that situation out.

Ah fair enough - I don't think we'll be likely spending (though there would be money left over from the summer transfer window). We'll probably be trying to hold onto our players.

I think we'll lose quite a few (Diame, Mbemba, Atsu, Lazaar and Tiote) to the Africa Cup of Nations so maybe we'll bring in some loan players to help cover them.

Brum have sacked Gary Rowett and replaced him with Gianfranco Zola overnight as well. Very harsh on Rowett IMO.

You're welcome. Strengthens our playoff position, but it's getting very bunched up now from 3-10, only 5 points between those spots.

I think our only losses in the last couple of months have been to the top 2, and Liverpool in the cup, so just need to keep putting up the wins.

Wood subbed out at the half hour mark, hope it's not too bad. Might be chance for Roofe to have a crack up front, or Doukara
One of my best mates is a massive Leeds fan and after the win over Reading yesterday he's starting to get a little excited about what could happen this season and dreaming of a long awaited return to the PL.

One of my best mates is a massive Leeds fan and after the win over Reading yesterday he's starting to get a little excited about what could happen this season and dreaming of a long awaited return to the PL.

I too am a little excited, but catching the top two is going to be quite tricky, meaning we'd be going into the lottery of the playoffs

In good form though, so that's a positive

I too am a little excited, but catching the top two is going to be quite tricky, meaning we'd be going into the lottery of the playoffs

In good form though, so that's a positive

Reading is an impressive scalp - underrated team. Doing well this season. Seem to be flying under the radar a bit despite being third.

Reading is an impressive scalp - underrated team. Doing well this season. Seem to be flying under the radar a bit despite being third.

Definitely, just looks like the top half of the ladder is all quite strong this year. Huddersfield and Norwich have dropped off a little, ourselves, Derby, Brighton and Newcastle all in very good form. Playoffs are going to be hard for whoever makes it

Another MotM performance from Aaron Mooy overnight against Norwich.

Some Huddersfield fans claiming that he's the best they've ever seen at their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back