Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon Conte will use him as a backup striker next season or will he get loaned out again but to a higher ranked side?

He'll be loaned to a prem side next season imo.

He needs to keep playing every week so it'd be wrong for him and us to keep him as back up. Hes still a couple of seasons(and loans) off getting into our squad.

Solid result for us this morning, puts us within 2 points of Leeds/5th spot, and 5 points clear of Norwich/7h spot. Jordan Rhodes scored our first and ran to the bench to celebrate with his old man which was pretty special. Hopefully we can keep this up, uncharacteristic to the 1-0, 2-1, 1-1 bores we've been putting on historically

View attachment 335305

lol, Zola thought they should've won :drunk:

Positions at time of writing:

Games left against teams in top 6:

Newcastle: 4 away 1 home
Brighton: 2 home 1 away
Huddersfield: 2 home, none away

Games left against teams in top 12:
Newcastle 4 home, 6 away
Brighton: 4 home 3 away
Huddersfield: 5 home 3 away

Huddersfield in the form they are in are a massive threat to Newcastle and Brighton.

He'll be loaned to a prem side next season imo.

He needs to keep playing every week so it'd be wrong for him and us to keep him as back up. Hes still a couple of seasons(and loans) off getting into our squad.

Like you've done with Ake?

Like you've done with Ake?
Yeah like Ake, who's gone out and played for a couple of seasons and proved hes good enough. Courtois did the same at AM and Christensen is currently doing it in the Bundesliga( and will be part of our squad next season).

Ake will get another start this weekend against Wolves and keep putting pressure on Cahill and Alonso. He may have to bide his time a little until next season(when we are alive in 4 comps) to really get a crack at a starting spot. But an injury to either of those two and hes in the team.

Yeah like Ake, who's gone out and played for a couple of seasons and proved hes good enough. Courtois did the same at AM and Christensen is currently doing it in the Bundesliga( and will be part of our squad next season).

Ake will get another start this weekend against Wolves and keep putting pressure on Cahill and Alonso. He may have to bide his time a little until next season(when we are alive in 4 comps) to really get a crack at a starting spot. But an injury to either of those two and hes in the team.

Just seems weird you recalled him this season and there doesn't seem a clear intention to play him in the PL. Was doing better* out on loan at Bmouth.

*And for my fantasy team. :(

Just seems weird you recalled him this season and there doesn't seem a clear intention to play him in the PL. Was doing better* out on loan at Bmouth.

*And for my fantasy team. :(

Yeah, but it was either recall him or buy in another player. He still could play a big part in the run home (and the FA Cup) as hes only one injury away from starting.

Plus he looks ready so his development isnt going to be robbed by squading it for the rest of the year. He'll still be learning a thing or two at Cobham.

Positions at time of writing:

Games left against teams in top 6:

Newcastle: 4 away 1 home
Brighton: 2 home 1 away
Huddersfield: 2 home, none away

Games left against teams in top 12:
Newcastle 4 home, 6 away
Brighton: 4 home 3 away
Huddersfield: 5 home 3 away

Huddersfield in the form they are in are a massive threat to Newcastle and Brighton.

Yeah, we have a pretty tricky run in - I'm almost thankful that so many of our matches are away. Our away form is our strength this season (huge turnaround from last season's woes lol).

Getting a bit close at the top!

Brighton and ourselves held to draws whilst the chasing pack of Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Leeds and Reading all won. Even a few teams on the peripheral (such as Fulham and Barnsley) of the playoff spots picked up wins.

Huddersfield (3rd) are now 4 points behind Brighton and 5 behind us with the same games played. 5 wins on the bounce for them too I think?

Getting a bit close at the top!

Brighton and ourselves held to draws whilst the chasing pack of Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Leeds and Reading all won. Even a few teams on the peripheral (such as Fulham and Barnsley) of the playoff spots picked up wins.

Huddersfield (3rd) are now 4 points behind Brighton and 5 behind us with the same games played. 5 wins on the bounce for them too I think?

Derby have fallen right away, but Norwich are seemingly back in form and pressing for a top 6 spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derby have fallen right away, but Norwich are seemingly back in form and pressing for a top 6 spot

Yeah, maybe the honeymoon under McClaren is over? Their game must have been entertaining - losing 3-4 to Cardiff. Now 2 losses and a draw in their last 3 league games.

A draw for Norwich against us is probably not a bad result for them either - IMO they were lucky to get the point but at the end of the day, a point is a point. They've really come back into the mix after sort of falling off the pace earlier in the season. I did wonder if Neil might get chopped but seems to have turned it around again.

Aston Villa with six losses in their last seven games and only eight wins from 31 games so far. Didn't expect them to get promoted but also didn't think they would be this bad.

Norwich and Wigan had a 2-2 draw this morning.

Norwich have been making a bit of a surge of late - started the season well and then had a pretty big stumble where they fell off the pace and even the playoff spots. Prior to the draw this morning, had 3 wins on the trot. Now 2 points off Sheff Wed in 6th (though have played an extra game).

Leeds in 5th have a bit of a gap over Sheff Wed - Derby, Norwich, Barnsley and even Fulham potentially (as they have a game in hand) could all end up fighting for that last spot.

i would be fairly confident that we will get that last spot over those other teams. althou i dont think we are playing as well as last season, rhodes signing is huge

Aston Villa with six losses in their last seven games and only eight wins from 31 games so far. Didn't expect them to get promoted but also didn't think they would be this bad.

We have them next so hopefully we can continue that run of bad results for them. :p

i would be fairly confident that we will get that last spot over those other teams. althou i dont think we are playing as well as last season, rhodes signing is huge

Rhodes could definitely be pivotal. Proven quantity at this level and if he can continue to rack up goals and assists, it should only further strengthen your hold on that spot.

Going to be an interesting run in!

A massive away win for us against a decent Barnsley side.

Need all the points we can get seeing as we have Reading and Newcastle next two games. Will make or break our season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back