Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Really surprised he didn't kick on after the Asian Cup. Probably not the best club to move to from Swindon in hindsight.
While i am not an expert in young-bale comparisons i would certainly say that ability wise rojas is the equal if not better than luongo. Certainly a much more technically competent footballer. The league you are playing in can't be used as the primary indicator as to your quality.

While i am not an expert in young-bale comparisons i would certainly say that ability wise rojas is the equal if not better than luongo. Certainly a much more technically competent footballer. The league you are playing in can't be used as the primary indicator as to your quality.
But performances in different leagues is a good measure. Rojas couldn't get a regular game in the German 2nd Div & then didn't exactly tear up this Swiss 1st div. On his day no doubt Rojas can impress. But over a long European season for whatever reason he hasn't been able to do it. Maybe that's just because of where he ended up last time out. But if he is going to forge a good European career he needs to nail his next move at 25/26 like Mooy is currently. Personally I don't think he will. Too many players possess similar characteristics (pace, dribbling, decent finishing) as him so he won't stand out as much so he'll need to hit the ground running quite quickly

Sorry Jatz didn't realise you were an expert on all european leagues. Then admitted you rarely watch the a-league but are forming a definitive judgment on rojas. He is more than good enough to make it in a good european league. And very unlikely he will be at the victory next season. Same with Troisi.
Don't need the snark mate.

I'm not an expert on all European leagues. For instance, I don't watch the Swiss league. Do you?

I've seen plenty of the A League over a number of years. I would watch between 10-15 games a season. Enough to be able to judge several performances.

At the end of the day, he's come back from Europe to a more 'safe' league. If he goes back over and makes a name for himself in Europe, then good for him. I just don't believe he will.

Don't need the snark mate.

I'm not an expert on all European leagues. For instance, I don't watch the Swiss league. Do you?

I've seen plenty of the A League over a number of years. I would watch between 10-15 games a season. Enough to be able to judge several performances.

At the end of the day, he's come back from Europe to a more 'safe' league. If he goes back over and makes a name for himself in Europe, then good for him. I just don't believe he will.

10-15 games of each team, or 10-15 games in total? If the latter then no way is that enough to enable you to judge players' ability.

10-15 games of each team, or 10-15 games in total? If the latter then no way is that enough to enable you to judge players' ability.
10-15 but of the bigger games. Would have seen the Victory on several occasions this season. Similar with Sydney and Melbourne City.

Anyone from any of the other clubs doing better than Rojas or Ninkovic?

10-15 but of the bigger games. Would have seen the Victory on several occasions this season. Similar with Sydney and Melbourne City.

Anyone from any of the other clubs doing better than Rojas or Ninkovic?

Castro is doing pretty well.

Nabbout has been turning it on lately for Jets, though less so the last month. Buhagiar looks a player for Central Coast and has really emerged this season. Martinez for Western Sydney has had a good season.

There's a bunch of promising talent at the various clubs.

Unfortunately, the latest results mean the Chuckle Brothers are officially relegated.

Pompy's looking in fine position to getting promoted again, and the Os... oh dear, will they even exist to play non-league? Bad enough most of Tier 5 is professional now, so even if they do survive, by going back to a semi-pro state, they still would be likely to get relegated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Us and Brighton? I really hope so but I can us going down the one year they come up and not playing them for another 5 years :(

The good news is that you should be able to stay up this year. It will take something crazy for Brighton to miss out this season.

Aside from Derby in the cup, it's been three years since we've had our usual rivals. I miss the easy wins, but I think its more fun screwing around with Tottenham (I don't know why, but the matches with the big 6 in general have had at least a few crazy moments. Even now I still feel a weird connection with Man City. Don't know why, but whenever we play them, they don't feel like the billionaire oil team).

The good news is that you should be able to stay up this year. It will take something crazy for Brighton to miss out this season.

Aside from Derby in the cup, it's been three years since we've had our usual rivals. I miss the easy wins, but I think its more fun screwing around with Tottenham (I don't know why, but the matches with the big 6 in general have had at least a few crazy moments. Even now I still feel a weird connection with Man City. Don't know why, but whenever we play them, they don't feel like the billionaire oil team).

Should they? Palace have easily the toughest run home.

As we saw against Chelsea away, never underestimate the power of Fat Sam. Does just enough to get the job done.

Didn't work so well this morning lol. Think it's impossible to say anyone will surely not go down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back