Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the "kinda funny" part of your earlier post indicated something more sinister :D:p

I guess was just pointing out that the Brighton fans telling me I didn't understand the transition the club has made was a bit funny considering my club had indeed made such a transition. But as you say, it's not a pissing contest.

Still is sad that Hereford are no longer around. Was a weird day that one. One set of fans were in absolute joy at the result while the other were utterly devastated. Will never forget sitting up in the early morn listening to the coverage of the game on the BBC world service when they switched to it for the last 45 minutes of the game.

The Daily Mail did a story on the "fairytale" aspect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Brighton-close-fairytale-football-allows.html

Build a Bonfire was a book written on everything that went on and is a great read from a fans perspective.

We of course will never forget the support of other fans clubs 20 years ago when Brighton fans organised Fans United. Fans came from all over England and indeed the world to show support for us. Nothing like it had ever happened before nor has it happened since then as a coming together of football fans for another clubs plight. An idea that came to be on the suggestion of a 15 year old Plymouth fan Richard Vaughn.

In 2011 a lot of Brighton fans made their way to Plymouth to support Plymouth fans in their time of need in protesting their shitty owners as a way of tanks for 1997.

http://www.theleaguepaper.com/featu...e-together-to-help-save-brighton-hove-albion/

I can remember my supported non league side Forest Green Rovers playing against Hereford back in the mid 2000s in the Conference National (5th tier). I distinctly remember reading on the club website about how our semi pro battlers were up against 'league heavyweights such as former football league stalwarts Hereford' (or some dramatic wording to that effect). Never really knew their history though until this week.

I can remember my supported non league side Forest Green Rovers playing against Hereford back in the mid 2000s in the Conference National (5th tier). I distinctly remember reading on the club website about how our semi pro battlers were up against 'league heavyweights such as former football league stalwarts Hereford' (or some dramatic wording to that effect). Never really knew their history though until this week.

Back then they didn't even use GD to separate teams. It was simply on goals scored.

If it was on GD we'd have gone down as Hereford has the superior GD just less goals scored.

Back to reality tonight and with a title to win vs Norwich away. Think Norwich will smash us though.

I'd be breathalysing Lewis Dunk before the game however. He's been filmed in a lot of clubs and pubs on the lash during the week partying on.

Brighton's keeper David Stockdale is fortunate they've already been promoted. He's not been having the greatest of times. 2 own goals this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, he's not a very good keeper. Was glad we laughed Fulham out of the room when they asked for (I think) 5m for him when we got promoted. He was the keeper when we beat them 6-0 months later. :)

Yep, he's not a very good keeper. Was glad we laughed Fulham out of the room when they asked for (I think) 5m for him when we got promoted. He was the keeper when we beat them 6-0 months later. :)

He's a very good keeper.

Made multiple penalty saves this season. A lot better than "not a very good keeper".

He's a very good keeper.

Made multiple penalty saves this season. A lot better than "not a very good keeper".

Sorry I forgot that's all keepers were required to do. Carry on.

Sorry I forgot that's all keepers were required to do. Carry on.

Sorry, they might be required to do it doesn't mean they do it.

He's been a massive reason why we're going up and why we have the least goals conceded in the Championship.

He'd be in the mix for our player of the season. Hardly the play of a not very good keeper.

Sorry, they might be required to do it doesn't mean they do it.

He's been a massive reason why we're going up and why we have the least goals conceded in the Championship.

He'd be in the mix for our player of the season. Hardly the play of a not very good keeper.

As I said, he was good for us in the Championship as well, but I'm very grateful we didn't sign him permanently. He's not a PL keeper.

We're determined not to be like Palace. History of going into administration on more than one occasion and a run down stadium because they put buying players before responsibility and building of a long term infrastructure for the club.
Oooh the old rivalry has started....determined not to be like palace? Love Glenn Murray but your ageing top scorer finds it a battle in the PL. been so long since you've been there it's much harder and different now than the old 1st division in the 80's when you were last there. Good luck rivalries are good but your gleamy cute little new stadium won't keep you up.

Oooh the old rivalry has started....determined not to be like palace? Love Glenn Murray but your ageing top scorer finds it a battle in the PL. been so long since you've been there it's much harder and different now than the old 1st division in the 80's when you were last there. Good luck rivalries are good but your gleamy cute little new stadium won't keep you up.

Yes determined not to be like Palace.

We're already set up better for the future than you are. Great stadium, brilliant training facilities and a category 1 academy club.

3 things you don't have :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losses last night for Reading and Huddersfield mean Newcastle will be guaranteed to finish second if they can win one of the remaining three. Surely even we couldn't **** this one up?!?!

Fulham the form team at the moment, looking the most likely to win the playoffs at this stage.

Congrats and welcome back to the PL. It's been back and forth between us at the top of the table for most of the season so auto-promotion is thoroughly deserved.

After Wagner said we'd choke and now saying Huddersfield have been the most consistent team for the season :drunk: i'm glad they have choked when it matters and dropped away from the auto-promo places.

We're $250 million in debt due to stadium and training ground facilities construction.

Every reason in the world to use the majority of that money to ensure we reduce our debts before spending large chunks of money on players.

Not a great financial position to enter the PL. Paying down debt on your infrastructure next year wont keep you up either.

The 2nd and last time Palace was placed into administration was over a 30m GBP debt. That's a bit of perspective for you.

Not a great financial position to enter the PL. Paying down debt on your infrastructure next year wont keep you up either.

The 2nd and last time Palace was placed into administration was over a 30m GBP debt. That's a bit of perspective for you.

The total debt is to our owner who has converted it into shares.

We spent it on infrastructure. That's why you're still in that shithole Selhurst Park. You spent it on players rather than paying the St John's Ambulance.

We always paid out creditors, unlike you ;)

Fantastic stuff.
Keep the trash out of the PL

I know. Hudds may have to be content to be the top W Yorks team

Im thinking they have looked shocking since I took an interest this year. How can I be jinxing them form the other side of the world?

The other thing about Hudds, they seem to take until the last possible minute to save the day. Last playoffs win finished off a few supporters I hear - actually went behind on penalty shoot out and the goalkeeper scored the winning penalty if I remember correctly

The total debt is to our owner who has converted it into shares.

We spent it on infrastructure. That's why you're still in that shithole Selhurst Park. You spent it on players rather than paying the St John's Ambulance.

We always paid out creditors, unlike you ;)

I'm not sure you understand what debt is then if it's been converted into shares.

I'm not sure you understand what debt is then if it's been converted into shares.

It's what others call his investment in the club. I'm just using their terminology.

I don't consider it a debt. The club will never have to pay him back, he will make that money back should ever he sell or we start making profits.

It's what others call his investment in the club. I'm just using their terminology.

I don't consider it a debt. The club will never have to pay him back, he will make that money back should ever he sell or we start making profits.

Right. So earlier when we were discussing possible investment in players and you cited this 'debt' you were doing what exactly? If there isn't actually a 250m debt then why not spend a bit on players?

Right. So earlier when we were discussing possible investment in players and you cited this 'debt' you were doing what exactly? If there isn't actually a 250m debt then why not spend a bit on players?

FFP rules. This season gone we were getting very close to the limit with all that has been invested in that infrastructure over the last few years. As such we need to ensure we meet them before investing large sums of money on the squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back