Sky News is trash. Tests the waters with spot for Nazi Cottrell, immediately regrets it.

Remove this Banner Ad

My original point wasn't that everyone could be CEOs, but merely that CEOs and people like them are rewarded with too big a slice of the pie.

It's ok I don't think anyone is going to lump you in with Rupie's inane ramblings. There are definitely some excesses in the remuneration of CEOs (some at least) but to try and make the case for change by suggesting that contribute nothing is childish grandstanding.

Sorry your very pertinent point got hijacked!

I'm genuinely curious... Does your simplistic, misguided and blatantly infantile view of CEOs extend to other C-Suite roles? By your basic logic a CFO is redundant too... As are COO, CIO, CTO... Do we just replace everyone above an entry level data analyst with a robot equivalent?

Oh... And who would actually develop these RoboExecs?

I'd list all of the areas where I think I'm deficient as a CEO but it's probably not good for my mental health to see how under-qualified I'd be down on paper... I still harbour vague hopes of reaching the summit one day

Absolutely, but as you are coming to realise these are not misguided or simplistic views, you have admitted they play golf (for work), you have admitted they use data (decision-making) to inform decisions. It seems that the more we discuss this topic the more you are coming to an understanding of what CEOs do (don't do) that you did not previously possess. I'm not the one with a misguided or simplistic view.

I said that if Google wanted to they could. Whether Google actually does so or not is a different question. There are already automated algorithms on the stock market - in automated trading etc. Banks utilise algorithms when they look at potential applicants for home loans. There are self-driving cars. Big data and decision making. Any CEO worth their salt would see that they could save up to $100M per year if they implemented this in their organisation... oh...

All you have to do is just relax, work on your follow through and try not to take your eye off the ball and you'll be right.

Absolutely, but as you are coming to realise these are not misguided or simplistic views, you have admitted they play golf (for work), you have admitted they use data (decision-making) to inform decisions. It seems that the more we discuss this topic the more you are coming to an understanding of what CEOs do (don't do) that you did not previously possess. I'm not the one with a misguided or simplistic view.

I said that if Google wanted to they could. Whether Google actually does so or not is a different question. There are already automated algorithms on the stock market - in automated trading etc. Banks utilise algorithms when they look at potential applicants for home loans. There are self-driving cars. Big data and decision making. Any CEO worth their salt would see that they could save up to $100M per year if they implemented this in their organisation... oh...

All you have to do is just relax, work on your follow through and try not to take your eye off the ball and you'll be right.

Again, please point me to any evidence that Google, or anyone for that matter, has documented evidence that they could build and kind of algorithm or system that could replace C-Suite employees. I have to admit I am very impressed with the level of extrapolation you're able to display... Because someone can create an algorithm to trade shares they can create one to replace a CEO!

To be honest I'm not sure why you're still on here... Surely you'd be better served knocking down the Board room doors of every ASX200 company (for a start... the sky is the limit) and telling them that they've got it all wrong and you can help them save $100m per year and be part of the RoboCEO revolution.

Let us all know how you go... we'll be here waiting with baited breath

For the record, what do you actually do? I'd like to make my dismantling of your position a bit more personal by showing how a CEO impacts your life directly.

Again, please point me to any evidence that Google, or anyone for that matter, has documented evidence that they could build and kind of algorithm or system that could replace C-Suite employees. I have to admit I am very impressed with the level of extrapolation you're able to display... Because someone can create an algorithm to trade shares they can create one to replace a CEO!

To be honest I'm not sure why you're still on here... Surely you'd be better served knocking down the Board room doors of every ASX200 company (for a start... the sky is the limit) and telling them that they've got it all wrong and you can help them save $100m per year and be part of the RoboCEO revolution.

Let us all know how you go... we'll be here waiting with baited breath

For the record, what do you actually do? I'd like to make my dismantling of your position a bit more personal by showing how a CEO impacts your life directly.

Well I’m on here because I became a guru and I am sharing what I have found. You see, there are a lot of misconceptions in society that plebs parrot without giving much thought to their claim. They feel that because someone gets paid up to $100M per year that they must be doing something superhuman. But these people don’t, it’s actually not possible.

And what happens when I point it out, ruining their little pleb paradigm, is they get cranky. As if I’m the one to blame for the problem, but it really isn’t my fault that CEOs are getting paid up to $100M to do something that can be reproduced by using a few algorithms. I hate that I’m the one who had to break this to you. You can always go on pretending you don’t know this if it makes you comfortable.

But you’ve actually admitted you don’t know what a CEO does and every example you’ve given to me I’ve shown that there is either an algorithm or minion that does the same thing or does it for the CEO respectively.

Managers are usually overpaid and over valued.
When did they become role models and leaders?

Times were the crowds used to cheer Stone Cold Steve Austin when he stuck it to The Man, Vince McMahon. Nowadays though... they have legions of plebs fighting on their behalf. Stone Cold Steve Austin wouldn’t stand a chance.

Times were the crowds used to cheer Stone Cold Steve Austin when he stuck it to The Man, Vince McMahon. Nowadays though... they have legions of plebs fighting on their behalf. Stone Cold Steve Austin wouldn’t stand a chance.
What the actual f***? Don't get me wrong I loved the WWE in its heyday 10-15 years ago but what on earth does a fictitious spat between Stone Cold and Vince McMahon have to do with anything?

Oh in in relation to your wonderful article on the iCEO... How exactly would the decisions be made as to what tasks are assigned to the program? Even with this tech (which I agree seems a great way of streamlining tasks) somebody has to tell it what to do... Guess who that person would normally be....

What the actual f***? Don't get me wrong I loved the WWE in its heyday 10-15 years ago but what on earth does a fictitious spat between Stone Cold and Vince McMahon have to do with anything?

Oh in in relation to your wonderful article on the iCEO... How exactly would the decisions be made as to what tasks are assigned to the program? Even with this tech (which I agree seems a great way of streamlining tasks) somebody has to tell it what to do... Guess who that person would normally be....

I thought we already went through the decision making aspect of this, are we revisiting this?

FYI in meta-pleb-mentality you are at ~stage 3 Anger, which is good, it means you are progressing, usually plebs get stuck at stage 2 and stay there. I can help you through stage 5 if you like, because I won’t be able to help you with stage 4, I’ll only be able to send you more piktures of golfers.

Shock
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Testing
Acceptance

I thought we already went through the decision making aspect of this, are we revisiting this?

FYI in meta-pleb-mentality you are at ~stage 3 Anger, which is good, it means you are progressing, usually plebs get stuck at stage 2 and stay there. I can help you through stage 5 if you like, because I won’t be able to help you with stage 4, I’ll only be able to send you more piktures of golfers.

Shock
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Testing
Acceptance

This is the reason I don’t have one million friends on FaceBook. Walking the path is a lonely one.

Shock
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Testing
Acceptance

Okay Mate :thumbsu:

Good thing I have lots of "Munnys" to pay for the counselling that I'm clearing going to need to deal with my condition

Okay Mate :thumbsu:

Good thing I have lots of "Munnys" to pay for the counselling that I'm clearing going to need to deal with my condition

If you can utilise it, it would be called "money"... you and I need to have a bigger chat, or you will find yourself continually at Stage 5, and I don't want you to waste all your money on counselling services, especially if you have to come away with a shock at what the people in power actually do, individually, on a case-by-case basis. There is a much broader pattern here, including religion, politicians, media, investors, banking etc yet with the same aetiology, and it would be much easier to find acceptance, and the path, in one big hit rather than continually being surprised.

If you can utilise it, it would be called "money"... you and I need to have a bigger chat, or you will find yourself continually at Stage 5, and I don't want you to waste all your money on counselling services, especially if you have to come away with a shock at what the people in power actually do, individually, on a case-by-case basis. There is a much broader pattern here, including religion, politicians, media, investors, banking etc yet with the same aetiology, and it would be much easier to find acceptance, and the path, in one big hit rather than continually being surprised.
Anyone who is in a position of power is a lazy, corrupt, money hungry grub. Got it

Hallelujah I have found the path to salvation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farage is the latest

https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...e/news-story/4ae23a3d5399490d86d8fb61cd94674d

Thing is though, the UK leave vote was more about eastern europeans "coming in and taking our jerbs' than terrorism

Mich much more. In fact it was a left winger who was murdered by a nutter during the campaign.

In fact Mr Farage, we already dealt with abbott and Hanson so do your worst. you are dead wrong

There is a difference between exposing people and giving them a platform.
Letting morons like Cotrell humiliate themselves on National TV is good thing. Bit of an empty vessel though.

My original point wasn't that everyone could be CEOs, but merely that CEOs and people like them are rewarded with too big a slice of the pie.
CEO pay decoupled from performance a long time ago.

The truth is people are terrible at long term planning and strategic decision making. Much like asset managers, CEO's will be automated away and replaced with algorithms and technicians as soon as investors clue in to this being the best way to increase a companies profitability and a return on shareholder dividends.

The exclusion being takeovers aimed at asset stripping, or pump and dump schemes.

Last edited:
Look at that smirk on Bolt's mug. And yet he gets upset with a little big of glitter?

Yep, Sky is trash and any state body or department that plays this garbage deserves public reprimand.

"I am proud to use the N-word" says demented hack, misunderstanding that poor impulse control is not in fact equivalent to moral authority. One of the dumbest aspects of libertarians is the assumption that people in essence can and will act in good faith if not subject to some forms of coercion. Also have this idiotic idea that since free speech includes the right to offend, the more you offend people the better you are doing free speech.

This is assuming simple ignorance though and not respecting the rightwing pundit grift:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back