SkyBet Championship 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh sure but that's four months from now, I was suggesting it would be silly to sack him in the next few weeks. DD seemed to be suggesting that since the start is inexcusable he already has to go.

Inexcusable in the sense last season was awful considering the investment and there is no margin for error this season. They were trigger happy with Di Matteo so the precedent is there.

I haven't seen any Villa matches but going off what their fans are saying it's the manner of the losses which is greater cause for concern.

Inexcusable in the sense last season was awful considering the investment and there is no margin for error this season. They were trigger happy with Di Matteo so the precedent is there.

I haven't seen any Villa matches but going off what their fans are saying it's the manner of the losses which is greater cause for concern.

Xia indicated they have learned from their mistakes with RdM though, and I think there is generally a bit more faith in Bruce given his track record in the Championship. He has acknowledged already though that there are deep issues at the club, so who knows what they'll do.

They dominated us in the first half in the first game and could have been 3 or 4 up but we flipped it in the second half. Like you, I haven't seen either of their other games so no idea how that side from the first half hasn't gone on with it.

I've heard from fellow SAFC fans that Villa have a culture problem (player wise) similar to what we have.

Wouldn't be surprised.

Wonder where it stems from, since there's been a fair bit of turnover there.

Got a point away at Wednesday this morning. Honeyman with a nice goal in the 4th minute and we dominated until David Jones equalised for the Owls.

According to Sunderland fans, this is the best we've been for a few years now. Could actually go up under Grayson if we keep our form up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chien Lee would be fantastic. I was very upset we missed out on him.

You think he would have the clubs best interests at heart?

I can definitely see the upside ... i could definitely go a promotion tilt :) But there is something to be said for a small, locally owned team as well. I've been very proud of how they've performed against the odds the last 2 seasons :)

It looks like it will happen... there is talk of current Chairman Patrick Cryne keeping a small stake. That would be a good sign, although he has cancer that is believed to be terminal

I can definitely see the upside ... i could definitely go a promotion tilt :) But there is something to be said for a small, locally owned team as well. I've been very proud of how they've performed against the odds the last 2 seasons :)

It looks like it will happen... there is talk of current Chairman Patrick Cryne keeping a small stake. That would be a good sign, although he has cancer that is believed to be terminal
I think he would. He's been brilliant at Nice.

Can only talk about my experience with Leicester but there's something to be said for getting foreign investment in - provided they've got the best interests of the club in mind.

Was their ever any follow up on an Australian consortium looking at purchasing a Championship/League One team?
It was only a few weeks ago, Bolton was the one they were looking at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back