SkyBet Championship 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

So a win with out game in hand would have us top of the pile? :)

1 game in our last 5 has been at home, over the last 2 and a bit weeks.

Getting results away from home is the most important thing in this bracket. Promotion isn't going to be earned by constantly waiting for those Elland Rd fixtures.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm aware of that.

Annoyingly, the only one of those away games we won was against Burnley in the Cup

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm aware of that.

Annoyingly, the only one of those away games we won was against Burnley in the Cup
If you can beat a what, 80% strength? Burnley away, you should be right as rain for most Championship road trips.

If you can beat a what, 80% strength? Burnley away, you should be right as rain for most Championship road trips.

Yeah 3 losses on the bounce is not great news. Wednesday and Cardiff I guess are understandable - both are handy sides.

Milwall is the one that stings.

Huge result for us - one of our best wins for a long time. There'd have been massive consequences had we produced an output as shambolic as last Sunday's derby.

Hopefully we can really kickstart our season now. :)

What a game it was!! I was sitting on the couch feeding our new born watching it. When Kieran Lee belted that 3rd goal, i was jumping up and down screaming, completely forgot i had a baby in my arms. Great win for us. I was almost certain Carlos was gonna cop the sack but he may have just saved himself

is reading not the most boring team to watch zzzzz.
my team millwall is holding up well we signed some good depth so we shall stay up

you must not like the a league then? ir being full of ex mill players. wayy before timmy i was a fan.
watching bailey wright my god how he is captain of any team
He hates milwall not players who played for them.

you must not like the a league then? ir being full of ex mill players. wayy before timmy i was a fan.
watching bailey wright my god how he is captain of any team

Nothing against the players, just Milwall fans more than anything. I thought things would've improved when we played you guys last year, but I heard the reports of things being pelted at us, and full security was needed. It's just... really? You guys won as well.

Hmm, I suppose we should expect the same for the Honduras game.

But nah, interesting to hear you were a fan before Timmy. Just curious to know what the hook was.

Nothing against the players, just Milwall fans more than anything. I thought things would've improved when we played you guys last year, but I heard the reports of things being pelted at us, and full security was needed. It's just... really? You guys won as well.

Hmm, I suppose we should expect the same for the Honduras game.

But nah, interesting to hear you were a fan before Timmy. Just curious to know what the hook was.

the crowd thing is over rated fans have been great mostly only once last year were they out of line for a home game. rep goes with millwall.

like everything family ties had a cousin play for them many moons ago so whole family like the wall. feels like we have had the same striker the whole time to lol morrsion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the crowd thing is over rated fans have been great mostly only once last year were they out of line for a home game. rep goes with millwall.

like everything family ties had a cousin play for them many moons ago so whole family like the wall. feels like we have had the same striker the whole time to lol morrsion
Not overrated, milwall are easily the worst fans I've experienced as an away supporter.

Leeds an reading game has got to be the worst refed game I've seen.

side note what has happened to leeds. top 6 is all over the place love it.

Leeds an reading game has got to be the worst refed game I've seen.

side note what has happened to leeds. top 6 is all over the place love it.

We conceded in the 6th minute of the 5 minutes added despite no subs, time wasting, or anything. Very frustrating.

Was there a delay in game from the yellow card to Hector? I've not seen the game but that seems like the only obvious thing to me.
Nope, not that I noticed at the time, it seemed like constant Norwich pressing for the full 5 minutes. If there'd been an injury/sub/delay I would have been expecting it to keep going but it felt like they just kept playing until they scored, doing the fifa thing of "well you're attacking so we'll play on". Pretty frustrating given the amount of late goals we've conceded.

i thought there was a rule you had to have at least 8 or so English players in your team in the championship? or is that league 1.

when the wolves are banked rolled by billions of Chinese bucks like a few teams there is no small team anymore. magic is gone. go Burton lol

i thought there was a rule you had to have at least 8 or so English players in your team in the championship? or is that league 1.

when the wolves are banked rolled by billions of Chinese bucks like a few teams there is no small team anymore. magic is gone. go Burton lol

Never been any such rule as far as I'm aware.. would be a very weird one. Unless you mean squad of 25 players?

Never been any such rule as far as I'm aware.. would be a very weird one. Unless you mean squad of 25 players?

I know what he means.

In 09/10, Championship teams needed 4 homegrown players in their squad. Which means the player must have been at one club for at least 3 years before the age of 21.

However, this does lead to some weirdness, like the fact Ron-Robert Zieler is classified as homegrown, yet the very English Gary Taylor-Fletcher isn't.

Of course, that's the standard for all big leagues anyway (It is a requirements of the CL and EL.) So just like why the Championship takes a break during the international break, the same rules apply here, since we know Championship clubs can potentially end up playing in the EL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back