SkyBet Championship 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

What a truly incredible job Neil Warnock is doing at Cardiff. To even challenge for the play-offs would be a great achievement with that squad but to have them on their way towards automatic promotion is something else. Brilliant manager.

What's Nigel Pearson up to these days? Fryer Tuck SM?
Last I heard he was in Belgium at a club owned by Leicesters owners. Ft might correct me on that.

Warnock is the managerial equivalent of Hernandez, Rhodes, etc. Too good for the championship, out of his depth in the pl. It's bizarre how regularly he can get teams automatic promotion and then be out of his depth in the pl.

Great win over Preston, based on an amazing 2nd half. Barring an amazing turn in form from the other battlers, we're safe.

Millwall's fairytale run towards the playoffs continues.

How good has Nuhiu been lately? And was good to see Forestieri back as well. Hopefully we can end the season on a high, stay up and get ready for next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a weekend for me. Two Wednesday victories and Hawthorn win. Seems like this was a good game too. Checked at half time, saw it was 0-0 and didn't check again until i woke up this morning

upload_2018-4-3_6-37-42.png

Hey guys. Does anyone know any decent websites/stores that sell Championship kits? Wanting to buy a Wednesday kit, but can't find many on Ebay and they were out of stock on their website

What a truly incredible job Neil Warnock is doing at Cardiff. To even challenge for the play-offs would be a great achievement with that squad but to have them on their way towards automatic promotion is something else. Brilliant manager.

What's Nigel Pearson up to these days? Fryer Tuck SM?
Last I heard he was in Belgium at a club owned by Leicesters owners. Ft might correct me on that.

Yep, OH Leuven in the 2nd division of Europe's most messed up domestic league, where you can fail to get promoted despite getting the most points, yet still be able to qualify for the Europa League.

I hate to say it, but while Pearson did lead Leuven to 2nd overall, the fans were expecting to qualify for a play off place (Of which there are two opportunities to do so. The best placed team after 14 games of each half gets the spot. Leuven finished 2nd and 3rd respectfully. This also means a team can finish 1st for the full season, yet not get promoted.)

I think the expectation is that he gets Leuven promoted next season, and with a little more Leicester youth, seeing how Elliot Moore has been a smash hit down there.

With him back on Leicester's books, I can't see him going anywhere (unless he fails to perform), especially with promises of European adventures available at pretty much all times in the first two divisions.

Yep, OH Leuven in the 2nd division of Europe's most messed up domestic league, where you can fail to get promoted despite getting the most points, yet still be able to qualify for the Europa League.

I hate to say it, but while Pearson did lead Leuven to 2nd overall, the fans were expecting to qualify for a play off place (Of which there are two opportunities to do so. The best placed team after 14 games of each half gets the spot. Leuven finished 2nd and 3rd respectfully. This also means a team can finish 1st for the full season, yet not get promoted.)

I think the expectation is that he gets Leuven promoted next season, and with a little more Leicester youth, seeing how Elliot Moore has been a smash hit down there.

With him back on Leicester's books, I can't see him going anywhere (unless he fails to perform), especially with promises of European adventures available at pretty much all times in the first two divisions.

So Pearson's managing in some backwater second division, a job which he only got thanks to a mate while Neil Warnock is about to get promoted to the biggest league in the world with one of the weakest squads in the Championship.

Levels, FT, levels.

So Pearson's managing in some backwater second division, a job which he only got thanks to a mate while Neil Warnock is about to get promoted to the biggest league in the world with one of the weakest squads in the Championship.

Levels, FT, levels.

To be frank, he's obsessed with us. I don't think he ever truly moved on. I do remember his name being mentioned, but he turned down those opportunities (Championship clubs we're talking). As soon as we bought Leuven, he was on it like hot cakes. (I'm actually surprised with this, because it tells me the owners forgave Pearson).

I think it's also fair to say that he did have the best squad in the division, and failed to nab any of the playoff places. So, not a good result overall. Fans have noted that the team seems more restricted then before Pearson, and there were a few "lucky" goals at the end.

I'm not even kidding about the possibility of Euro Adventures. As long as you don't finish last in the first division or qualify for the promotion playoffs in the 2nd division, you are a chance for Europe. (Though it should be noted that 6th doesn't get Europe, yet the winner of the Europa Playoffs gets that spot.) Only in Belgium can you be a midtable 2nd tier side (which is also weird, as it consists of 8 teams. So that's 16 teams in Tier 1, 8 in Tier 2), and be a legit chance for Europe, since they play their seasons in three parts. Yes, it's just one place, but it ridiculously favours the team that just has a freak month.

And weakest squads? I'm pretty sure Cardiff were one of the big favourites for promotion at the start of the season. He's done well Warnock to get them to autos, kudos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be frank, he's obsessed with us. I don't think he ever truly moved on. I do remember his name being mentioned, but he turned down those opportunities (Championship clubs we're talking). As soon as we bought Leuven, he was on it like hot cakes. (I'm actually surprised with this, because it tells me the owners forgave Pearson).

I think it's also fair to say that he did have the best squad in the division, and failed to nab any of the playoff places. So, not a good result overall. Fans have noted that the team seems more restricted then before Pearson, and there were a few "lucky" goals at the end.

I'm not even kidding about the possibility of Euro Adventures. As long as you don't finish last in the first division or qualify for the promotion playoffs in the 2nd division, you are a chance for Europe. (Though it should be noted that 6th doesn't get Europe, yet the winner of the Europa Playoffs gets that spot.) Only in Belgium can you be a midtable 2nd tier side (which is also weird, as it consists of 8 teams. So that's 16 teams in Tier 1, 8 in Tier 2), and be a legit chance for Europe, since they play their seasons in three parts. Yes, it's just one place, but it ridiculously favours the team that just has a freak month.

And weakest squads? I'm pretty sure Cardiff were one of the big favourites for promotion at the start of the season. He's done well Warnock to get them to autos, kudos.

Cardiff were one of the favourites to go down at the start of the season.

Cardiff were one of the favourites to go down at the start of the season.

OK, I see it, they also had good odds to go down.

According to Paddy Power in late June, they were 13/8 to get promoted, but 6/1 to get relegated. They stayed stable all the way until season start (BBC had them 13th,)

EDIT: According to Oddschecker for promotion:
upload_2018-4-4_18-42-45.png

7/1 odds for promotion. I can't find the relegation odds. I only saw 6/1 quoted from a Welsh paper source, and that was only after they started well.

It does happen that a team will be high on the list for both promotion and relegation at the same time, but they weren't Barnsley or Burton by any stretch.

Last edited:
Established1870 Sunderland 4-1 up against 5th placed Derby! Is there a heartbeat for a classic Sunderland escape?

Ejaria out with 2 injuries too. Seems he can't get himself fit.
Bullshit if they get away with it. Their last two are very tough @FUL and vWOL. 2/6 against relegation contenders.

8 points back. It's doable but itd be all-time. Likely at the expense of Reading given scheduling.

I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

Bullshit if they get away with it. Their last two are very tough @FUL and vWOL. 2/6 against relegation contenders.

8 points back. It's doable but itd be all-time. Likely at the expense of Reading given scheduling.

I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

Mate we have Jack Rodwell we're fine.

Speaking of Rhodes, looks like we're set to get rid of him. Our record 10 million pound signing who's been a complete flop for us (not entirely his fault, our midfield hasn't been feeding him very well). Wonder who'd take him on?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...loan-out-10million-jordan-rhodes-this-summer/

I could see him coming back to Blackburn if we do go up next season. Probably the last time he hit a steady run of form.

There's a good player in there somewhere - just needs the right environment/tactical set-up.

Hull well clear now and deserve to be. Well done SM was looking a bit dicey at one stage

Hull well clear now and deserve to be. Well done SM was looking a bit dicey at one stage

Wilson has been a sensation since arriving, he's going to be a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back