SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

The relegation has strengthened the resolve of the fans in Brum.

We’ve had better crowds the last 3 seasons than we’ve had for the last 4 in the EPL before relegation.

Also, JESUS CHRIST WHAY A TURNAROUND.

Gayle out for them now is gargantuan.
Sounds like it’s humbled the fan base

Sounds like it’s humbled the fan base

100% it has, but it also drove a lot of the fans who were half hearted about the club to get behind them fully and help to get us back where we belong.

Under Lerner we were in peril and looking almost as shambolic as Bolton and Sunderland. Thankfully the right changes were made at the top level.

They were awful in that game though. So negative. Don’t want more of that in the prem.

That game style is common in playoff games. Try to grind the away result and then win at home.

In fairness it almost worked until Conor’s cracker, and then they imploded.

For all of our frustration they were very professional with their game plan execution until they conceded.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were awful in that game though. So negative. Don’t want more of that in the prem.

Well of course, it was a Play Off Semi Final away at a team in red hot form in a two-legged affair with no away goals. Why wouldn't you park the bus?

That was the best we have played in months.

Shackleton was brilliant when he came on for Forshaw.

Be interesting what we do with Bamford on Wednesday. Presume he will start on the bench.

That game style is common in playoff games. Try to grind the away result and then win at home.

In fairness it almost worked until Conor’s cracker, and then they imploded.

For all of our frustration they were very professional with their game plan execution until they conceded.
Compare it to the Leeds away performance though who took the game to Derby. I haven’t seen enough of them to fully assess but they looked like a team of journeymen to me. And that Marcus Fail, completely brainless and a bit of a disgrace in all honesty

Compare it to the Leeds away performance though who took the game to Derby. I haven’t seen enough of them to fully assess but they looked like a team of journeymen to me. And that Marcus Fail, completely brainless and a bit of a disgrace in all honesty

Because Derby were not in as good form as Villa though. I agree with you, you should look to attack in the first leg, but if you lose the first leg it makes it very tough to get through. At 1-0 up they were right to park the bus.

Because Derby were not in as good form as Villa though. I agree with you, you should look to attack in the first leg, but if you lose the first leg it makes it very tough to get through. At 1-0 up they were right to park the bus.
I just can’t stand that parking mentality, even when you’re one up. It just invites pressure. I saw it so often with England under SGE, cost us at the 2002 World Cup and 2004 Euro’s. It rarely ever works

Remove this Banner Ad

Back