SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can’t stand that parking mentality, even when you’re one up. It just invites pressure. I saw it so often with England under SGE, cost us at the 2002 World Cup and 2004 Euro’s. It rarely ever works

Yeah fair enough, just think people probably watched the game and assume that's WBA's normal style when they're actually one of the most open, attacking teams in the division.

Agree that parking the bus too early in the game is a bad idea, if I was a defender id much rather the ball spend 50% of the time up the other end than just trying to defend constantly for most of a game.
For the last 10-15mins I think it's fair enough but before that can be too early I reckon.

Agree that parking the bus too early in the game is a bad idea, if I was a defender id much rather the ball spend 50% of the time up the other end than just trying to defend constantly for most of a game.
For the last 10-15mins I think it's fair enough but before that can be too early I reckon.
Yep same here. Score a goal in the 85th? Yep just throw everyone back.

That was the best we have played in months.

Shackleton was brilliant when he came on for Forshaw.

Be interesting what we do with Bamford on Wednesday. Presume he will start on the bench.

Now that Roofe has found some form I'd expect that. Handy option off the bench...

Jesus, just how crazy will the Charles Dickens's Tavern will be if (touch wood) its a Leeds v Villa final. They may very well run out of ale/lager on the night. Those Leeds United Vic lads and lasses sure know how to have a good time..

Jesus, just how crazy will the Charles Dickens's Tavern will be if (touch wood) its a Leeds v Villa final. They may very well run out of ale/lager on the night. Those Leeds United Vic lads and lasses sure know how to have a good time..
I went to the Leeds/Blades game and the place was heaving. I’ve already got the Monday off just in case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Baggies, but then again, they have been a yo-yo team, up one year, down the next

Didn’t think much of Grealish tonight. Not sure he’d be much of an upgrade on Winks, if at all. Can’t judge on one game alone but you expect your star players to turn up on big ocassions

Didn’t think much of Grealish tonight. Not sure he’d be much of an upgrade on Winks, if at all. Can’t judge on one game alone but you expect your star players to turn up on big ocassions
He's the most overrated player I've seen since pogba.

Fancy dribbles and footwork means nothing if you have little to no end product most of the time.

Take him out and Villa are a completely different side, not for the better either.

Take him out and Villa are a completely different side, not for the better either.
He’s kind of like a pound shop Modric at this stage. Everything goes through him and he dictates Villa’s tempo. Just didn’t really do enough tonight, especially when West Brom were down to 10. You can see he’s talented though, just needs to be in the prem no matter what next season so he can play with and against higher calibre players

He’s kind of like a pound shop Modric at this stage. Everything goes through him and he dictates Villa’s tempo. Just didn’t really do enough tonight, especially when West Brom were down to 10. You can see he’s talented though, just needs to be in the prem no matter what next season so he can play with and against higher calibre players

That’s actually not a bad description.

Much better than the generalised, clueless, bereft of any critical analysis ‘no end product’ bloke had to say.

That’s actually not a bad description.

Much better than the generalised, clueless, bereft of any critical analysis ‘no end product’ bloke had to say.
I really get under your skin, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back