SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this Leeds/Hull City rivalry one of those a one way rivalries and Leeds are just desperate to get in the prem and ruin Man Uniteds day?

It's debateable. Leeds claim it's one way but when we beat them, or stuff them up, Leeds fans on social media get very worked up about us and desperately try to tell us why we're so irrelevant and why they don't care about us, much to the amusement of City fans.

I guess the comparison to United is a good one, as Leeds like to think United are their biggest rivals, and United find it amusing and cute, but then occasionally sing about Leeds so clearly still actually do care.

It's debateable. Leeds claim it's one way but when we beat them, or stuff them up, Leeds fans on social media get very worked up about us and desperately try to tell us why we're so irrelevant and why they don't care about us, much to the amusement of City fans.

I guess the comparison to United is a good one, as Leeds like to think United are their biggest rivals, and United find it amusing and cute, but then occasionally sing about Leeds so clearly still actually do care.
I still think Man United hate Leeds more than Man City (but obviously not as much as Liverpool), despite being in a div below. I'm not sure if G.Neville would be openly rooting for Leeds to win a prem like he did with Man City.

LOL Leeds fans melt anytime we lose to anyone so don’t think you’re special in that regard.

That was a terrible ending to the season.

Leeds were the only team to be top at Christmas and not go up automatically.

Leeds are the only team to win the first leg of the playoffs and not make the final.

Leeds has won 22 of 24 games they had scored first in.

I’m sure there’s another one there somewhere.

Anyway, the two teams with the best form heading into the playoffs ended up in the final so it should be a good one! It’s going to be hard to pick but I have Villa slightly ahead. However, Derby showed great character, despite Leeds’ implosion, to fight it out. Good luck to both.

As much as people like to dig at Leeds, I actually wanted them to get promoted. Always nice to see some new teams in the Premier League (except Sheffield United). Rather than Derby or Aston Villa, who've had their crack at it many times, Leeds going up and trying to prove themselves would have been good to see.

Probably on the Derby train due to Harry Wilson. Also interested to see Lampard in the prem.

Unfortunately we won't get that Villa/Leeds rematch though which is a buzzkill.

Saw some rumours linking Lampard to Chelsea, so you may get your wish either way!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as people like to dig at Leeds, I actually wanted them to get promoted. Always nice to see some new teams in the Premier League (except Sheffield United). Rather than Derby or Aston Villa, who've had their crack at it many times, Leeds going up and trying to prove themselves would have been good to see.

Villa hadn't been relegated in a long long time before they went down 2 years ago to be fair and Derby haven't been up in a while either, think you arr thinking about the likes of West Bromwich, Reading and Birmingham, time wasting yo yo clubs that have gone straight back down a year or two after promotion.

Villa hadn't been relegated in a long long time before they went down 2 years ago to be fair and Derby haven't been up in a while either, think you arr thinking about the likes of West Bromwich, Reading and Birmingham, time wasting yo yo clubs that have gone straight back down a year or two after promotion.

True true. West Brom have certainly had their time in the PL haha As much as I'd like it, Wednesday will probably never go back up. We splashed the cash and gave it a go, blew it, now need to trim our wage bills or face punishment. Liking what I see from Steve Bruce but if he can't get us decent players, we're never getting up there

True true. West Brom have certainly had their time in the PL haha As much as I'd like it, Wednesday will probably never go back up. We splashed the cash and gave it a go, blew it, now need to trim our wage bills or face punishment. Liking what I see from Steve Bruce but if he can't get us decent players, we're never getting up there
I’m sensing a few parallels between you under Bruce and Cardiff under Colin tbh. I’m probably talking s**t but Championship promotions do often surprise.

Casilla and Coopers meltdown before half time changed the game completely.

What a shambles.

Yep, you could see the body language at HT and the boost it had given Derby.

I don't know who to blame, Kiko for coming so far out or Cooper for failing to pass it back to him, or both for a complete failure to communicate, which had become a big issue in the latter part of the season.

I'm just so so disappointed. But it's so typical of us to completely f**k it up in calamitous fashion. Complete control, yet one stupid, preventable error turned the game on it's head.

So thankful for what Bielsa has done for the entire club. There is a real unity about the place again, and if he leaves, he's leaving the club a much better place than it was before he arrived. Of course I hope he feels there is unfinished business and stays on because some of the pieces are already in place and if we strengthen, we'll be very hard to stop next season.

Last edited:

I don't know who to blame, Kiko for coming so far out or Cooper for failing to pass it back to him, or both for a complete failure to communicate, which had become a big issue in the latter part of the season.

I'm just so so disappointed. But it's so typical of us to complete f**k it up in calamitous fashion. Complete control, yet one stupid, preventable error turned the game on it's head.

So thankful for what Bielsa has done for the entire club. There is a real unity about the place again, and if he leaves, he's leaving the club a much better place than it was before he arrived. Of course I hope he feels there is unfinished business and stays on because some of the pieces are already in place and if we strengthen, we'll be very hard to stop next season.
I have no doubt if he stays and is able to bring in a few players of quality then we will be right up there again next season.
Just look at what he was able to achieve with a mid table side from last season.
Nothing wrong with how we play, just execution and finishing let us down on numerous occasions.

Don't be so sure, Bruce is a master at getting promotion out of the Championship, and really should have managed it with Villa last season. He unfairly cops it because at times his football doesn't flatter, but he's a much better manager than he generally gets the credit for.

I was going for Derby due to the Chelsea connections but I would've been happy to see Leeds get up too. Things just can't seem to ever go right for them, mind you, Derby have had some rotten luck in recent seasons as well. Ideally, both would've gone up instead of Norwich but, hopefully, things can turn around for them and they can get an auto-promotion next season. Win-win situation for the final, my preference is Derby, just, but would also like to see Villa back up in the prem too. Villa Park is one of the great grounds.

Our best defender sitting on the bench irked me as well. I get Bielsa doesn’t like to change a winning team but seriously.

The fact that Kiko Casilla can’t speak English iterates the complete disconnect he has with the back four and highlights the overall fragility of the defence. However, Cooper should’ve killed that ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back