SkyBet Championship 2018/19

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well Leeds Blackburn was a strange old game.
We dominated the game but never really played that well. Own goal put us 1 up until Blackburn got a softish penalty and made it 1-1, they then score a free kick due to BPF being the s**t campaigner he is in the 90th minute to go 2-1 down.
Roofe then scores twice in stoppage time and we go 4 points clear at the top!!!

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Bad loss for Norwich at Forest too.
Looks like Leeds and The Baggies are going up in auto promo spots.

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
This Leeds side has unbelievable character which is a credit to the coaching staff and the players. I’m really stating to believe that this is our season!

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Amazing game, Leeds are 13 points clear of 7th now and should really be making the play-offs from here.

Play-offs sound like a disappointment at the moment, and a worrying prospect. Then again, 22 more games to be played, so much can happen still.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Pulis is on the hotseat at Boro, esp with all the money they have pumped into that squad.

Reckon he goes if/when Boro drop out of the top 6.

Pulis is on the hotseat at Boro, esp with all the money they have pumped into that squad.

Reckon he goes if/when Boro drop out of the top 6.
Karanka under pressure for the same reason. Forest pulled a Pool being 3-0 up in the 74th minute and then completely shat the bed.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
I reckon Leeds and West Brom will finish top 2.

Sheffield United must be doing pretty well if Ben Woodburn can't even make their bench.
I see it going like that too. Hopefully we don’t drop away in the second half of the season. West Brom way to talented to not go up imo

I see it going like that too. Hopefully we don’t drop away in the second half of the season. West Brom way to talented to not go up imo
I look at West Broms team (and manager) on paper and I reckon they wouldn't look out of place when compared to a few of the lower ranked PL clubs.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
We are winning games we'd have lost in the past. This is a far different beast under Bielsa, one that is incredibly fit and fights to the final whistle.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to dream.

Leeds look better than they have for probably a generation, but Bielsa's sides tend to burn out halfway through the season (which is where the Championship is at ATM) so that is the one concern I would have. If not for that, I'd be pretty happy to back Leeds for an automatic promotion spot at this point.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Whisper it quietly but Hull are on some run.
Yeah good to see the results have turned. If you can keep that sort of run going a play off place isn’t totally out of the question, but the important thing is not to get dragged back down in the relegation scrap I guess.

Kompany

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Leeds look better than they have for probably a generation, but Bielsa's sides tend to burn out halfway through the season (which is where the Championship is at ATM) so that is the one concern I would have. If not for that, I'd be pretty happy to back Leeds for an automatic promotion spot at this point.

You always hear that and I can see the logic but is that correct though?

Argentina & Chile NT - don't count
Athletic - made it to the Europa League final. The second season was much less after they'd sold Javi Martinez and Fernando Llorente wasn't allowed to play.
Marseille - faded away in the 2nd half of the season and resigned the next season after conflicts with management.
Lazio - quit after 2 days
Lille - got suspended months into the season. I heard that he wanted to go to the funeral of a friend but the club didn't give him permission. Bielsa couldn't live with that and things deteriorated entirely.

Looking at his recent past, only Marseille burned out halfway through the season. I definitely believe his demands are so high that players can't keep up with him or lose motivation after some time (there are more coaches like that), but not necessarily in the 2nd half of a season.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
That’s not entirely true.
Also, we were 5th at Christmas last year and ended up 12th, so even without Bielsa we burn out anyway. We are 14 points clear of 7th so I’m pretty confident we’ll at the very least grab a play off position.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
You always hear that and I can see the logic but is that correct though?

Argentina & Chile NT - don't count
Athletic - made it to the Europa League final. The second season was much less after they'd sold Javi Martinez and Fernando Llorente wasn't allowed to play.
Marseille - faded away in the 2nd half of the season and resigned the next season after conflicts with management.
Lazio - quit after 2 days
Lille - got suspended months into the season. I heard that he wanted to go to the funeral of a friend but the club didn't give him permission. Bielsa couldn't live with that and things deteriorated entirely.

Looking at his recent past, only Marseille burned out halfway through the season. I definitely believe his demands are so high that players can't keep up with him or lose motivation after some time (there are more coaches like that), but not necessarily in the 2nd half of a season.

Athletic Bilbao were 5th in La Liga in 2011/12 but had regressed to 10th by season's end. The EL admittedly had something to do with that though.

Rooooooooooooooofe!!!!

Absolute gun right now. Team is doing great work to get him the ball but he is doing what is needed to finish off in extreme pressure situations of having no time left on the clock. Simply incredible.

Huge test for Hull this week. Blockbuster.

Back