SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Milner probs would have stayed as well for at least another 6 years (Rather than going to Newcastle and Villa) until Man City came knocking.

Yeah, I knew I forgot someone.

Milner and Lennon were both sold to clear the debts.

Leeds has one of the strongest acadamies in the country, it will be good to maintain the fruit for the first time since the early 00's.

Even when you think back to others like Robinson, Kewell, Woodgate, Alan Smith, Harte, Gray, Kelly of the 90's

Then going back to David Seaman, Gary Speed, David Batty, John Sheridan earlier.

Last edited:

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
s**t I forgot about the very first Hull City season in the Prem. Richard Garcia!

I still remember him scoring at Blackburn i think it was. low, hard header. their first ever away top flight goal. there hadn't been a Perth boy in the top division for years at that point.

s**t I forgot about the very first Hull City season in the Prem. Richard Garcia!

I still remember him scoring at Blackburn i think it was. low, hard header. their first ever away top flight goal. there hadn't been a Perth boy in the top division for years at that point.

Yeah was a great goal. I actually interviewed him a few years back and talked to him about that goal amongst other things:

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Thought Leeds controlled the first half but our final ball into the box was poor. Hull started to look threatening in the second half and we scored against the run of play and saw it home.

Haven’t lost for over 2 months now but have a tough few games coming up. Cardiff, Fulham, Preston, WBA.

Last edited:
Thought Leeds controlled the first half but our final ball into the box was poor. Hull started to look threatening in the second half and we scored against the run of play and saw it home.

Haven’t lost for over 2 months now bit have a tough few games coming up. Cardiff, Fulham, Preston, WBA.

Beating us was your final test, you're gonna get promoted.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Are all the Leeds fans in here from the Viduka/Kewell, i mean Jacob Burns, era?

You forgot Hayden Foxe and Paul Okon.

Leeds has the second largest supporter base in Aus outside of Liverpool for the exact reason you just said.

It’s the reason I support them.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny how Everton didnt especially catch on considering Tim Cahill was probably the most liked Socceroo ever, good colours, finished up there a bit.

Blackburn Rovers too.

Guess neither were as dominant as those two though and they were real pioneers in a way. Viduka was so good back then, by far and away the best Australian in my opinion. and routinely did it against big clubs. away.

Funny how Everton didnt especially catch on considering Tim Cahill was probably the most liked Socceroo ever, good colours, finished up there a bit.

Blackburn Rovers too.

Guess neither were as dominant as those two though and they were real pioneers in a way. Viduka was so good back then, by far and away the best Australian in my opinion. and routinely did it against big clubs. away.

My best mate supports Everton partly for that reason, and I know a few others who do too.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let’s not forget Tony Dorigo
Patrick Kisnorbo, Neil Kilkenney. has there been a club with more Aussies?

Dorigo was another pioneer. About 450 appearances for strong top division clubs, all famous ones. won the last first divvy title with Leeds and was their player of the season, then made the English Premier League team of the season when they were nearly relegated. in the England 23-man for Euro 1992.

People love teeing off at Craig Johnston and Dorigo but those guys were pioneers. they were risk-taking cavaliers with good nature ratbags. it was very hard to succeed as an apprentice in those days. couldn't imagine having your boots cut up, players giving you bad passes, dropping off your runs when you're about to cross, and then not being able to jump on skype and talk to your parents. those guys toiled. they also speak glowingly and pridefully about their careers.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Are all the Leeds fans in here from the Viduka/Kewell, i mean Jacob Burns, era?

I started supporting them the year or so after they won the old Division 1 title (1993, when I started playing junior soccer) and started watching the Premier League on The ABC back, Garry McAllister was my first soccer/football hero, one whom I tried to emulate as a player and why I chose Leeds to support. I have fond memories watchig Gary Speed as a lad too. I felt physically ill when I learnt of Speedo's passing. Know he played for a few clubs after, but he will always be a Leeds Legend.

Lucas Radebe is my all time favourite footballer, The Chief was a true warrior on every sense of the world, and an all time great of LUFC, even if he didn't win much (silverwarel with us

images

images

Tony Yeboah was a freak

Sadly mostly forgotten these days, but if social media was around back then, his goals would be the stuff of legend these days .

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I remember taking Charlton to premier league glory in an early Fifa game so I've always had a soft spot for them, unfortunate to see them concede a late own goal and only get a draw.
Charlton are a great day out. their supporters are real angry *ers who hold high accountability. tiny space between the seats but I'd go to The Valley again. they had some pretty s**t Premier League sides but Darren Bent was a king for them. I like them too.

Back