SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant see either team surviving next season in the premier league .
They will put in a Norwich level performance.

The same got trotted out about Sheff United, Brighton, Huddersfield, all have survived to spend multiple seasons in the PL.

Will be interesting to see who threatens. Huddersfield I think will struggle given how poor they were last season (and even their last season in the Championship I think they went up despite having a negative goal differential?), Fulham were also sh*t last season and will likely lose a lot of key players, and Cardiff simply don't seem all that strong (they'll probably finish Top 10 at least, but not so sold on a promotion challenge).

Could see as many as 10-12 sides challenging. Who saw Norwich and Sheffield get automatic promotions?
Norwich were very shrewd and took a huge gamble in playing their youth. They ended up playing a very attacking English style and got promoted. The managed to clear all of their debts, did not spend a lot in the Premier League, and will bounce back after their relegation. They have always been a well run club.

You're a bit weird and definitely do care.

I also mentioned Newcastle in that post.

And if anything it was actually a positive post about Leeds, Qatar would have more money than the potential Toon owner.
Newcastle's asking price of £300 million is quite steep, considering that new owners would probably have to spend another £200m to get them competitive. Do not understand why potential buyers do not snap up Sunderland. They are up for sale for £38 million, huge following and with the right investment, they would be in the Premier League within 3-5 years. A club that can draw 43,000 to a League 1 match, is worth the investment.

Hope Nottingham Forest get their act together next season.

I expect the likes of Cardiff/Swansea and the loser of the playoff final to be thereabouts again.

Seems a lot harder these days for relegated Premier League Teams to go straight back up (which is a good thing)

Hope Nottingham Forest get their act together next season.

I expect the likes of Cardiff/Swansea and the loser of the playoff final to be thereabouts again.

Seems a lot harder these days for relegated Premier League Teams to go straight back up (which is a good thing)
Cardiff did very well considering they were 14th when Warncock left. Forrest were gutless. To miss out on a playoff was a disgrace. They should be up there next year but Drogber is getting on. Watford & Bournemouth will challenge as they have their parachute money and both will be desperate to get back up. Norwich will be hard to beat next year. Derby is the interesting one. They have spent a lot of money with Rooney and Terry. Just wondering how long they can keep spending like that before they breach the fair play rules. Middlesborough might be the surprise packet if Warnock stays on and gets some money to spend. He has an incredible record of getting teams promoted. He did a great job with them in the last 6 games.
Norwich
Watford
Fulham/Brentford
Forrest
Bournemouth
Cardiff
Swansea
Millwall
Blackburn
Derby
Middlesborough

Newcastle's asking price of £300 million is quite steep, considering that new owners would probably have to spend another £200m to get them competitive. Do not understand why potential buyers do not snap up Sunderland. They are up for sale for £38 million, huge following and with the right investment, they would be in the Premier League within 3-5 years. A club that can draw 43,000 to a League 1 match, is worth the investment.

You're replying to a post from over a year ago haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for the meat tray.

Result : 3-1 Brentford
First goal : Watkins
First yellow card : Jansson
First red card : Mitrovic

Tie breaker, how many times will Scott Parker preen his hair : 58

Looks like Wigan lost their appeal. Feel bad for their fans, but I'm ecstatic to be honest. Been refreshing twitter for the last 90 minutes 😆

Congratulations Sir. They are a Rugby Town (Wigan) anyway.

Happy for those plucky Tykes, one of the most unlikely and remarkable escapes from relegation I have ever seen..

Tips for the meat tray.

Result : 3-1 Brentford
First goal : Watkins
First yellow card : Jansson
First red card : Mitrovic

Tie breaker, how many times will Scott Parker preen his hair : 58

That would be impressive if he can manage that. :p

Real shame these games are behind closed doors. A mate if mine goes to all three playoff finals every year. Picks a team to support on the day, gets pissed and has a great week away.

For some of the players this game would be a career highlight, so I feel a bit sorry for them that they are missing out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back