SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

I was in the Villa away end against Millwall last season.

It's a horrid place filled with horrid people but it's a great experience nonetheless.

Their nutter fans don't watch the game, they watch you for 90 minutes. lol

I was in the Villa away end against Millwall last season.

It's a horrid place filled with horrid people but it's a great experience nonetheless.

Their nutter fans don't watch the game, they watch you for 90 minutes. lol
We lost 4-0 there in 2010 and they still wanted to kill us.

Leeds fans, what's your take on Phillips? How would he fare in the Prem?

Some rumours floating around that this one might be a done deal and I've only seen him twice this season against us.

World Famous City Ground! Sitting right on the river. Plenty of pubs around, nice walk in from the city....
Yeah I was considering Forest, met some blokes years ago at a Blur gig from Notts so it'd be fun to meet back up with them. Good town?

Has anyone been to Southend, Shrewsbury Town, or PNE?

Yeah I was considering Forest, met some blokes years ago at a Blur gig from Notts so it'd be fun to meet back up with them. Good town?

Has anyone been to Southend, Shrewsbury Town, or PNE?

Southend is fine, nothing too crash hot about it, but the terrace is very fun to stand in.

I went down to the Valley for a Charlton v Wigan game in 2013. I enjoyed that.
Yeah I'm keen on a game there actually, Charlton Athletic were up and about with guys like Darren Bent when I was a kid. That is still my favourite era of football and by a huge margin. What's their support like? Ground looks tidy and modern while still having a bit of character, and there seems to be a bit of a forest around it?

Yeah I'm keen on a game there actually, Charlton Athletic were up and about with guys like Darren Bent when I was a kid. That is still my favourite era of football and by a huge margin. What's their support like? Ground looks tidy and modern while still having a bit of character, and there seems to be a bit of a forest around it?
The ground is usually just over half full (I think 16k was their average) but with their promotion to the championship they may get close to 20k

Was trying to remember if it was Marcus or Darren.

Turns out it was both lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another pre-season, another 3000 reports that "Player XXXX has joined Sheffield Wednesday" but nothing concrete. Feel like the club feeds rumours to the journos to cover up that we are under another embargo.

Something strange behind the scenes at Leeds with Jansson. Looks like he got on the wrong side of a few people, wanted to go to the Premier League but no one was interested so he’s off to Brentford for 5.5mil.
Leaves us pretty bare at CB, spewing as I loved him.

Absolutely bizarre stuff. He did always strike me as having a screw loose somewhere. Never more than in that moment when he didn't want to listen to Bielsa's instructions against us in that game at Elland Rd.

Plenty, they're much better than PL.
Think this is debatable. Depends on the Premier League club though. They’re are definitely clubs that have s**t atmospheres.

I saw two PL games (Spurs/Liverpool at Wembley and Leicester/Everton at the King Power) and the atmosphere was 10 times better at the Leicester game.

On top of that, I watched games at Loftus Road, Craven Cottage and Griffin Park. All come with different experiences but I wouldn’t have said one was better than the other.

Think this is debatable. Depends on the Premier League club though. They’re are definitely clubs that have s**t atmospheres.

I saw two PL games (Spurs/Liverpool at Wembley and Leicester/Everton at the King Power) and the atmosphere was 10 times better at the Leicester game.

On top of that, I watched games at Loftus Road, Craven Cottage and Griffin Park. All come with different experiences but I wouldn’t have said one was better than the other.

I think the quality of football is more 'classic football' without the prima donnas falling over thin air, and the atmosphere in the terraces is more genuine than tourists on their phones. Depends what you're after I suppose.

Roofe off to rangers too apparently. Puts a dampener on what had been a good window so far.

Honestly I think you guys were lucky to get rid of Jansson. After reading the news this morning it turns out that moment against Villa played a huge role in him being sent packing by Bielsa.

Can't have players undermining the manager.

Encouraging friendly this morning, Tafazolli looked fantastic so hope he's signing in the next few days. Add a few decent attacking options if we can't hang on to Bowen and Grosicki for half the season, and the squad will actually be looking ok.

Honestly I think you guys were lucky to get rid of Jansson. After reading the news this morning it turns out that moment against Villa played a huge role in him being sent packing by Bielsa.

Can't have players undermining the manager.
Yeh not really.
He had problems including in house suspensions with 2 previous managers. There’s video of Radz supporting all the players as they come off the ground after a loss and Jansson looking at him then literally pushing him away. There’s also the fact that he refused to come back to training this year which is ultimately what did it. He was given extra time off due to being on international duty, but still wanted more time. Allioski and Dallas were away and managed to come back on time but Jansson refused which is actually something he did last year too but got away with.
So whilst I know you saw the Villa thing and think it was a massive deal, it was just another in a long line.
Also to add to that, what I think really made it bad for him was sitting by himself on the sidelines after the playoff loss whilst the whole team and coaches went through everything. Even though I love him I did think it was a sh1t look at the time.

Last edited:
I think the quality of football is more 'classic football' without the prima donnas falling over thin air, and the atmosphere in the terraces is more genuine than tourists on their phones. Depends what you're after I suppose.
Oh that’s absolutely true. The cold, wet Saturday evening game at Loftus Road definitely felt “classic football”.

It wasn’t a mud pit by any stretch but there was a lot of direct play to big strikers.

Had a great night admittedly. C36480FA-592E-4717-9238-9E8D3AA7AA28.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back