SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

At least you ain’t stoke, looks like an absolute s**t show there.

Yeah but the worry is they have the squad to get out of it, might just need to flick the manager. For us, not sure what our solution is. Fullback positions really weak, and no options up top. Just relying on Bowen and Grosicki digging us out each game.

CazC30

Far from the madding crowd.
Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
Stoke, Huddersfield or Hull someone's going to do a Sunderland. Huddersfield are absolutely shocking, Stoke don't turn up and Hull are just unlucky.

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
Well done Luton great win away... Huddersfield at home next week so could go on a run.

Stoke, Huddersfield or Hull someone's going to do a Sunderland. Huddersfield are absolutely shocking, Stoke don't turn up and Hull are just unlucky.

"Do a Sunderland"? They suffered a double relegation, of the three you named only Huddersfield would be able to do that.

I have no idea how that side is so poor. Allen and Butland alone would make heaps of Premier League sides (OK maybe not Butland) and there's plenty of proven Championship quality there.

Surely this is the year that Leeds break the curse?

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I have no idea how that side is so poor. Allen and Butland alone would make heaps of Premier League sides (OK maybe not Butland) and there's plenty of proven Championship quality there.

Nathan Jones will be the first Cship gaffer to win the sack race you would think.

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Forest beating Fulham doesn't surprise me one bit. There's a lot of PL quality in that squad and their manager isn't Martin O'Neil. They should be one of the favourites for promotion.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United

Well Allen and Ince started on the bench today so not sure what’s going on. Obviously not world beaters but they should be starting for a side on the bottom of the championship.

And yeh can’t get ahead of ourselves after last season. Does feel different this year though. Feels as though everyone has improved and we’ve upgraded on roofe and Pontus with Eddie and Ben white. Plus costa isn’t even starting.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well Allen and Ince started on the bench today so not sure what’s going on. Obviously not world beaters but they should be starting for a side on the bottom of the championship.

And yeh can’t get ahead of ourselves after last season. Does feel different this year though. Feels as though everyone has improved and we’ve upgraded on roofe and Pontus with Eddie and Ben white. Plus costa isn’t even starting.

Don't think Derby have improved tbh.

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
4/5 wins to start the season.. Pretty good start for Leeds. Also props to Forest for beating Fulham, whom I consider the biggest promotion threat/contender.
Leeds will always be there or there abouts, but they may choke over winter. I don't want to be too complimentary to Leeds as they've only beaten Stoke (who are awful) and a friend of mine is a Huddersfield fan, go easy! Always Good to see Fulham beaten, just never had time for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast

It's generally the guilt of poaching a manger from another club half way through a successful season. Nathan has just not had any success with Stoke and considering he had the summer to make squad changes he will be following Jan Siewert to the golf course.

Nathan Jones will be the first Cship gaffer to win the sack race you would think.

Well at least Wednesday don't have to worry about winning that race as we still haven't even named a manager after Bruce buggered off :( Bullen isn't the right man to lead us but there's clearly nobody else in the wings to take the job

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well at least Wednesday don't have to worry about winning that race as we still haven't even named a manager after Bruce buggered off :( Bullen isn't the right man to lead us but there's clearly nobody else in the wings to take the job

Wednesday need that situation sorted ASAP as you guys brought in some decent talent in the off season and looked good for the first 3 or so games.

Aren't you guys considering suiing Fat Bruce for breaking his contract? Are Marty O'Neill and Nigel Pearson still out of jobs ? Might be worth a look in.

Wednesday need that situation sorted ASAP as you guys brought in some decent talent in the off season and looked good for the first 3 or so games.

Aren't you guys considering suiing Fat Bruce for breaking his contract? Are Marty O'Neill and Nigel Pearson still out of jobs ? Might be worth a look in.

I think the threat of legal action was just a whinge tbh. Maybe it's viable but I don't think we'd bother chasing it up. He ain't coming back and we got some compensation for it. Probably will scare off prospective managers if we go chasing an old one because he left to coach his boyhood club too.

We lost 1-0 to a 10 man Milwall and 2-1 to Preston within a week, so the Bullen cracks are starting to show. The players like him but he's not really a tactical genius or anything. Pearson is a bit iffy, but is an ex Owl. I think the only thing that would impact him coming to us is his involvement in the whole George Hirst/ OH Leavun-Leicester saga that created a bit of bad blood between the supporters and the Hirsts/Pearson

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't talk about manager less teams without giving poor old Huddersfield a mention... Is this going to be the poison chalice of positions.

Can't talk about manager less teams without giving poor old Huddersfield a mention... Is this going to be the poison chalice of positions.
Every unemployed manager when Huddersfield come knocking

CazC30

Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
Every unemployed manager when Huddersfield come knocking

Have to agree so many managers taking themselves out of contention and I feel Huddersfield will be slipping into league one. They were totally inept over the weekend, Reading were crap but decided they could win and did... We play Huddersfield on Saturday and on paper we're going give them a kicking.

Seedsman_

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 2, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leeds United
We are in control just haven’t made a breakthrough. Costa and Nketiah will really open them up when they come on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back