SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you wonder?

That there are constantly games with 6+ minutes of injury time, compared to EPL which rarely has them in comparison unless there is a substantial injury that held up play. I can't watch any Championship games so not sure if injuries are a regular thing, but would think it's pro enough that fitness & conditioning levels would still be similar to EPL

I’ve been on a bit of a championship tour with my Barnsley supporting brother over the last week.

As a Boro fan and after wanting to for 20 years, I saw Boro play Stoke last Friday. Loved the Riverside and despite all I have read, found Boro to be quite a nice town. The comeback win made it one of the best sporting days of my life.

The following day we were in the away end at the Den which was amazing, with Barnsley winning in extra time. The atmosphere was more hostile then at Boro and Barnsley but wasn’t as bad as I had heard. Now I am at Wooley Edge service station waiting for a bus back to London after a whirlwind trip to Barnsley today. Again, we were lucky with a 90th minute equaliser :) Over the 3 games we have seen two wins and a draw against the top team, which considering how Boro and Barnsley have been going has been amazing :)

We have also been asked fifty times why two guys from Australia support Boro and Barnsley :)

The next football match I see will be Espanyol v Barcelona, can’t see it comparing :)
I love going to Championship games. League Two is just a bit too s**t and the mentality of coaches is pretty frustrating. tickets aren't much cheaper either and some are comparable to lower prem clubs. a joke. sounds a top trip, I'd love to do it again.

did you stay in Middlesbrough? I thought it was an absolute shithole, like the grimmest and most hopeless place I've been to. made Blackpool look healthy and vibrant.

Crazy to think out of the top 15 sides only Forrest & Brentford didn’t drop points.
Brentford are my form team imo, they're looking so solid and cool. sitting at a nice place, doing their own thing, can see them swooping in and finding themselves solidly second by February or March.

Brentford are my form team imo, they're looking so solid and cool. sitting at a nice place, doing their own thing, can see them swooping in and finding themselves solidly second by February or March.
Yeh over the last 5 weeks they’ve been real good, but every side has good runs and bad runs. Bristol were 3rd not too long but have now lost 4 in a row. It’s such a difficult league to predict.

That there are constantly games with 6+ minutes of injury time, compared to EPL which rarely has them in comparison unless there is a substantial injury that held up play. I can't watch any Championship games so not sure if injuries are a regular thing, but would think it's pro enough that fitness & conditioning levels would still be similar to EPL
Yeh not sure how many games have that much injury time but there’s more subs and goals in the 2nd half too.
The stoke game was 5 minutes but there was a goal and sub in injury time which pushed it out, then they won a corner with 10 seconds to go and won it in the 97th minute.
Would be interesting to see the comparison to the premier league.

Think you might have a bit of confirmation bias, there's not that much additional added time.

Yeah I definitely think there's more added time in the Championship. I sometimes wonder if it's because there's so many teams who have players carrying on pretending to be injured. it's a farce how, especially crappy away teams, get away with it. seems to be compensated (if that's the right word) with the board going up with 5 or 6 on it.

Yeah I definitely think there's more added time in the Championship. I sometimes wonder if it's because there's so many teams who have players carrying on pretending to be injured. it's a farce how, especially crappy away teams, get away with it. seems to be compensated (if that's the right word) with the board going up with 5 or 6 on it.

You think there's more players diving and carrying on in the Championship than the PL? Interesting proposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think there's more players diving and carrying on in the Championship than the PL? Interesting proposition.
Not so much diving because that's everywhere, but the refs seem so afraid to penalise the blatant injury milking. players know a referee is never going to risk the fall-out of someone actually being injured and him telling them to move on/giving them a yellow. but the 7-8 Championship games I went to this season were marred by this carry-on. Huddersfield were shocking for it, Preston North End too.

Not so much diving because that's everywhere, but the refs seem so afraid to penalise the blatant injury milking. players know a referee is never going to risk the fall-out of someone actually being injured and him telling them to move on/giving them a yellow. but the 7-8 Championship games I went to this season were marred by this carry-on. Huddersfield were shocking for it, Preston North End too.

Forest were awful the other night and I think there was only the standard 4-5 minutes added on.

That game was heart attack material. I swear we just switch off when we get a couple of goals in front. Good character to still win though. Boro did us a favour as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back