SKYBET EFL Championship 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

West Brom too good for Derby.

Leeds really have to beat Stoke tomorrow now as it’s hard to see Brentford dropping points now. They are on an unbelievable run.

Massive result for Boro as well winning away at Milwall.

West Brom too good for Derby.

Leeds really have to beat Stoke tomorrow now as it’s hard to see Brentford dropping points now. They are on an unbelievable run.

Massive result for Boro as well winning away at Milwall.

There's some big clubs in the relegation bottleneck.

1594257391289.png

There's some big clubs in the relegation bottleneck.

View attachment 908764

4 of those sides have been relegated from the PL in the last 3 years, and another side relegated from the PL in that timeframe is currently in League 1.

Sort of dispels the myth of parachute payments distorting the Championship.

4 of those sides have been relegated from the PL in the last 3 years, and another side relegated from the PL in that timeframe is currently in League 1.

Sort of dispels the myth of parachute payments distorting the Championship.

I think it illustrates premier league wages etc can be as detrimental to a club as the loss of revenue and the initial relegation itself.

That's how Sunderlands doco's came across as well.

Most of these clubs would be hamstrung to some fairly toxic contracts relative to their adjusted revenues.

I think it illustrates premier league wages etc can be as detrimental to a club as the loss of revenue and the initial relegation itself.

That's how Sunderlands doco's came across as well.

Most of these clubs would be hamstrung to some fairly toxic contracts relative to their adjusted revenues.

Yeah absolutely, and the point of the parachutes is to protect the clubs as much as possible from those contracts, rather than allowing them to walk the league to an easy promotion. Stoke and Hudd in particular seem to have struggled to re-adjust, Boro and us is probably more down to poor recruitment.

Villa will be in for a massive world of hurt. Could be the next Sunderland.

Yeah absolutely, and the point of the parachutes is to protect the clubs as much as possible from those contracts, rather than allowing them to walk the league to an easy promotion. Stoke and Hudd in particular seem to have struggled to re-adjust, Boro and us is probably more down to poor recruitment.

Villa will be in for a massive world of hurt. Could be the next Sunderland.

Couldn't see Grealish staying for a second stint in the championship.

A 40m+ sale would help stabilize them quite a bit.

Leeds have gotten lucky in a way, considering most of the newly returned EPL sides have struggled. We have pretty much been competiting with the same Championship sides for the last 2-3 years.

That can't last forever, especially if someone like Watford came down. I can see both of Bournemouth and Villa bossing the league next year and Norwich has always managed to do well in the Championship.

Now is definitely the time for promotion, we may not get a better chance for the next 2-3 years.

If we aren't promoted this year, I could quite conceivably see us as the 4th or 5th favorite next year with some of the sides currently around the EPL bottom 3.

Couldn't see Grealish staying for a second stint in the championship.

A 40m+ sale would help stabilize them quite a bit.

Leeds have gotten lucky in a way, considering most of the newly returned EPL sides have struggled. We have pretty much been competiting with the same Championship sides for the last 2-3 years.

That can't last forever, especially if someone like Watford came down. I can see both of Bournemouth and Villa bossing the league next year and Norwich has always managed to do well in the Championship.

Now is definitely the time for promotion, we may not get a better chance for the next 2-3 years.

If we aren't promoted this year, I could quite conceivably see us as the 4th or 5th favorite next year with some of the sides around the EPL bottom 4.

Grealish will go but that's about it, COVID means there won't be much 15m-20m sales to bottom half PL clubs as there have been in the past.

40m will help but they have a huge wage bill and won't be able to spend much.

Bournemouth would probably be ok in the Championship as I can't imagine their wages would be ridiculous, and Howe seems the sort of manager who should get them back up.

Grealish will go but that's about it, COVID means there won't be much 15m-20m sales to bottom half PL clubs as there have been in the past.

40m will help but they have a huge wage bill and won't be able to spend much.

Bournemouth would probably be ok in the Championship as I can't imagine their wages would be ridiculous, and Howe seems the sort of manager who should get them back up.

Bournemouth would be cashing in Ake as well, you would imagine.

King is a different footballer to when he was at Blackburn. He will turn the Championship over next year if they go down.

I'd be keen to get Cook back the other way if we went up, funnily enough. We are going to have enough trouble just mainting our side with some of the quality loans we have though.

Bournemouth would be cashing in Ake as well, you would imagine.

King is a different footballer to when he was at Blackburn. He will turn the Championship over next year if they go down.

I'd be keen to get Cook back the other way if we went up, funnily enough. We are going to have enough trouble just mainting our side with some of the quality loans we have though.

Different to when he was with us too. Was very average with us as a winger (I believe).

Wilson and King would be a formidable forward line in the C'ship and I reckon they'd be able to hold on to both.

Just reading more about the Wigan debacle. What’s the point of the EFL’s “Fit and proper” test if owners can just put the club into administration 30 odd days after taking it over. The gambling rumours are unbelievable as well.

I feel sorry for the supporters.

Big clubs?

LOL.

Luton/Barnsley/Charlton/Stoke/Huddersfield/Wednesday are nothing.

The rest are has beens from the last century.

Big in terms of the Championship in terms of recent PL exposure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

joop Helder Costa bursts into the penalty area and gets fouled. Klich coolly converts the penalty into the bottom right corner, sending Butland the wrong way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back