Skylanders Swap Force compatibility question...

Remove this Banner Ad

I've looked around the web but I cannot find the answer to this question.

My son received Skylanders Swap Force for to Wii U, however we have a Wii.

Will the Wii U version work on the Wii.

I'd prefer to avoid opening the box if it won't work.

I've looked around the web but I cannot find the answer to this question.

My son received Skylanders Swap Force for to Wii U, however we have a Wii.

Will the Wii U version work on the Wii.

I'd prefer to avoid opening the box if it won't work.

It won't work.

You basically just asked if a PS4 game will play on PS3. But Nintendo created this monster when they named their console.

Return it and get it on the Wii (presumably it was released on that)

• Admin
It won't work.

You basically just asked if a PS4 game will play on PS3. But Nintendo created this monster when they named their console.

Return it and get it on the Wii (presumably it was released on that)
Phoned 3 Big W's - the two big shopping centres took ages to answer and one hung up on me. Neither had stock. Phoned the third who was unfeasibly nice and had a large stock of the right model. And was SIX MINUTES MORE DRIVE.

* Westfield.

Don't be a Syd.

Put down the ban hammer, I wasn't being facetious I was trying to explain the difference between versions in a simple way. You'll note that I am siding with you because of the horrible job Nintendo have done at showcasing the difference to parents.

Phoned 3 Big W's - the two big shopping centres took ages to answer and one hung up on me. Neither had stock. Phoned the third who was unfeasibly nice and had a large stock of the right model. And was SIX MINUTES MORE DRIVE.

**** Westfield.

Just out of curiosity did you ask or did they mention anything about a lack of compatibility?

All Wii U software really should have a 'Not compatible with Nintendo Wii' marked on the packaging.

Good post, Sauce. I thought you did a good job explaining it. The Wii U was a putrid way for Nintendo to handle the naming of the console. To think that it doesn't mean anything outside of the word "you" as in it's a console by Nintendo for you because they didn't want to number the consoles like Sony. Idiots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back