Sleep Paralysis

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 - Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald Tipungwuti, Shaun McKernan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Has anyone else ever suffered this? I had heard of it but never had it til last night. I woke up laying on my back and could not move a muscle. Couldn't even wriggle my fingers. I then became aware of a monster dog sitting on my chest. It lasted for a few minutes. I was quite panicky. Pretty awful feeling.

I have it sometimes and its the worst feeling ever!!I feel like screaming but cant scream, cant even relax.I dont see anything (like a monster dog or something), the feeling is just bloody awful.Does anyone know the cause of this? There are lot of explanations on the net (including some spiritual one lol) but seriously, i get sleep paralysis (sometimes) even sometimes when i fall asleep on my work desk

I have it sometimes and its the worst feeling ever!!I feel like screaming but cant scream, cant even relax.I dont see anything (like a monster dog or something), the feeling is just bloody awful.Does anyone know the cause of this? There are lot of explanations on the net (including some spiritual one lol) but seriously, i get sleep paralysis (sometimes) even sometimes when i fall asleep on my work desk

I have experienced this prob once or twice a year for 15 years (now 28). Used to panic alot but these days having had it happen to me so me times I'm actually quite relaxed. When I wake to this I know I have two options, the easiest is just to stay relaxed and fall back to sleep or if I try with all my might to raise my head off the pillow I break free of it within 10-15 seconds

its awesome mate, have it quite often, guaraneed to happen when i nap during the day..

try and make it last as long as possible, ive also gotten to the point where i have out of body experiences,

I get this more often than I'd like, probably 4 to 8 times a year. It's always terrible, takes so much energy just to wriggle a finger, let alone cry out. Even though it's happened so many times, it is always accompanied by a feeling of dread, like I'm in serious danger if I don't snap out of it straight away.

have had this 2-3 times but not for a while. definitely unsettling having it as a kid, especially that sensation of an evil presence. have read up on it a bit but don't remember a great deal. interesting about the romans incubus/succubus thing.
the paralysis supposedly stops us from acting out our dreams.

I get this more often than I'd like, probably 4 to 8 times a year. It's always terrible, takes so much energy just to wriggle a finger, let alone cry out. Even though it's happened so many times, it is always accompanied by a feeling of dread, like I'm in serious danger if I don't snap out of it straight away.

dont even fight it is my recommendation.

also it will feel like an eternity that ur under that spell but in truth it will be a few minutes at most.

I have sleep paralysis every now and then but the worst episode happened the other day when I was flying back from the USA.

I felt like I was in the transitional stage between awake and sleep, I couldn't move, then my leg jolted really badly and I woke up in a terrible state.

Scared the s**t out of the people I was sitting next to as well,

This sounds like something I have about once a year. Are you 100% lucid or do dreams become part of the awake sensation?

What I have is like a dream, I imaging a "presence" but I feel totally awake & I feel a heavy pressure on me but nothing visible. It is the weirdest thing but I always assumed it was just a disturbing dream that felt exceptionally real as it usually happens in the middle of the night & disturbs the rest my sleep that night.

ive also gotten to the point where i have out of body experiences,
Can you explain what the experience was like? As in did you feel like you were still in the same environment (your bedroom, etc)?

I have had instances of sleep paralysis where the dream is that I am dreaming I am having sleep paralysis, in bed, with the settings around me exactly similar to how my bedroom is at the time. Both times this has happened, I have felt extremely lucid, rolling out of bed to try to wake myself up, crawling around my room. After a while, I finally will myself to wake, to find that I am back (or still) in bed.

I've never really thought of these to be "out of body" experiences, but now that you mention it, they seem to convey my opinion of what an out of body experience could appear to be (besides the whole cliche float-above-your-bed-and-see-yourself scenario, which I am somewhat skeptical toward).

I have sleep paralysis every now and then but the worst episode happened the other day when I was flying back from the USA.

I felt like I was in the transitional stage between awake and sleep, I couldn't move, then my leg jolted really badly and I woke up in a terrible state.

Scared the s**t out of the people I was sitting next to as well,
LMAO. Did something similar years ago too.

I won't go in depth now, but having sleep paralysis and not being able to breathe is a mother *er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get this as much, but still get it nonetheless.

Awake but

Can't move
Open my eyes
Talk

the worst part is I can't breathe. Feels like I'm going to suffocate in my '' sleep '' yet I'm awake ( refer above )

Sometimes I get it and have to fight like hell to wake up. Yet I still can't, then I eventually able to. Sometimes I'm so tired and depleted I know I have to stay awake or it will happen again, and sometimes it does.

Remain calm. Tell yourself to be calm.

Crimson Azure like the above post, I've also had instances like yours.

You know what's up. No, you're not crazy;)

Sometimes it is a dream, sometimes it's the s**t like I've described. And sometimes, it's *en evil s**t, like Crimson Azure explained.

Jesus Christ + God

Personally I believe in God and Jesus Christ and it's helped me massively in my life.

God Protects the good:cool:

And the good protect the good:cool:

It was a mother *er at around 12.30am this morning. For about 2 mins I was trapped. I felt an evil presence around me I kid you not. ******* evil, sinister. I literally prayed and said some of the Hail Mary and Our father phrases from those prayers and said Jesus Christ. I managed to wake up. I haven't had that evil presence around me in a fair while.

Went back to sleep after about 3 hours and another dream was ****ed. Felt real, Someone close to me died. I literally woke up affected like that person had actually died. Freaky s**t.

Had one more dream after that which I woke up for good to start my day and it was a more '' normal '' dream:tearsofjoy: I was playing for the Eagles and was on the bench for the 1st quarter. Then Bucks appeared and come down and I said to him, get me on, I can make a difference. So I then was going to play for the Pies:tearsofjoy:

Ended well in the end. Kind of.

Happened to me twice, it's such a surreal experience.

I was in my early to mid 20's both times so not that long ago.

The first time it felt like I woke up laying on my back, and I could see a few shadow figures outside my door. You obviously try to react and move but It was this sensation of being totally numb and I couldn't move an inch. The figures creeped closer and then it was a release. It's hard to say if I was in fact sleeping then woke up but at the time it felt like I was already awake.

The second time was probably just as bad. I woke up laying on my stomach with my head facing the wall and again couldn't move, but I could feel pressure work up from my side all the way on to my back and I couldn't lift a finger. It felt like something was crawling on to me and holding me down, after about 10 seconds I snapped out of it but it is such scary feeling. Instant goosebumps and you just have to tell yourself it was a dream.

Again I still question years later if it was me in a state of paralysis or waking up from a nightmare that felt so real.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back