Sleepers

Remove this Banner Ad

Falchoon said:
Underrated movie?

Just watching it on Foxtel, one of those no matter where I start watching it, it always holds my attention to the end, a sign of a good movie.
Never seen it, but may I just say you avatar made me laugh so much so thankyou for that :) :thumbsu:

Absolute gem of a movie. OP is spot on. You could tune in at any time, and continue to watch.

First class.

You have "acting royalty" in this movie. Brilliant and very underrated.

I think because the basic theme of the movie is so dark and disturbing may be a reason. But it is gripping.

For the record I did condone what those guys did to Bacon's character.

You have "acting royalty" in this movie. Brilliant and very underrated.

I think because the basic theme of the movie is so dark and disturbing may be a reason. But it is gripping.

For the record I did condone what those guys did to Bacon's character.
LOOOOOL!!!!!

Couldn't agree more. Bacon got what he deserved.

Harrowing film- while the abuse scenes arent entirely graphic (or prolonged) they are ******* awful to watch.

Film was very well made- and yes, Bacon was a ******* scumbag- ijust wished they didnt shoot him. He deserved torture, then death.
LOL'D at that end comment. True, but it was gangster as * and just awesome how they did it where they did it, in front of everyone.

O.G

LOL'D at that end comment. True, but it was gangster as **** and just awesome how they did it where they did it, in front of everyone.

O.G

Oh yeah i agree in the movie/storyline it was correct they just killed him there and then. Im just talking in general... that is what he deserved.

Hoffman played a lawyer in the same way I would have been a lawyer if I went down that path. :$

:p

De Niro at the end where he held the those men's lives in his hands was just brilliant acting. Seriously that alone is worth the price of seeing the movie, where he was ethically conflicted with his faith and doing what was the right thing to do.

It was sickening what was implied. IIRC you just hear screams. I still hear them from that movie. Thats how powerful that scene was.

Sometimes not seeing what is happening on screen is worse- like only hearing the sounds and using your imagination.

Silence of the lambs did this also.

A dull movie that could've/should've been a great one. Levinson's a good director, and the cast is great, but they somehow don't figure out how to tell this story in a good way, and the characters are shallow. I disagree with others here - I think it's more overrated than anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How exactly does having a few ticket stubs prove that they were at the game? Were there names printed on the tickets? The fact that, that was the smoking gun that got them off was ridiculous.

Not to mention Brad Pitt was close friends with the two defendants, he would never have been allowed to have this case.

Overall I think the movie is decent. It's watchable but not a classic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back