Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: Draft Board and Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Bombers supporter, we are desperate for inside midfielders. With the plethora of almost players likely available in the second round (currently pick 34), would not be opposed to going tall (Bailey Williams as a KPF and a second ruck) or a meat and potatoes type of inside midfielder. Caldwell sounds like he has that P.O.D with his pace and ball use standout attributes. Bytel, Hately, Valente, RCD all intrigue me but am fast liking Caldwell for our first selection. May be a tad 'undersized' at 184cm (would like a 188cm+ bull) but his style of play would compliment our current group imho.
Caldwell would be the most skilled of those names you mentioned. he is smaller and isn't that "prototype" mid that everyone is looking for, but he certainly has the skill, and ability to play forward and do well in the air or ground level.

Caldwell would be the most skilled of those names you mentioned. he is smaller and isn't that "prototype" mid that everyone is looking for, but he certainly has the skill, and ability to play forward and do well in the air or ground level.

Is he a break away type of mid? or is he a slower, one paced type of mid? Would like a break away stoppage player, everyone would. That is one thing we are lacking.

Is he a break away type of mid? or is he a slower, one paced type of mid? Would like a break away stoppage player, everyone would. That is one thing we are lacking.
He's quick, a 2.98 20m sprint and 8.17 agility, so very good in both measures. Uses it out on the field.

Hi Can someone tell me about Mitch Podhajski

Heard his name floated around a bit recently but would like to know strengths and weaknesses since moving into a midfield role? and his likely draft range?

Hi Can someone tell me about Mitch Podhajski

Heard his name floated around a bit recently but would like to know strengths and weaknesses since moving into a midfield role? and his likely draft range?
I can see him going later on in the draft, 45+ but I think his form has warranted a spot. Since moving into a midfield role he is still hitting the scoreboard, he covers the ground well and wins plenty of the football. His endurance has improved which is something that has helped by getting more midfield time, and his agility is elite which helps him stepping around opponents. Not a huge vertical leap, but he still is strong overhead. I think he's a readymade option for a club looking to bring in a big-bodied midfielder who can play anywhere and fill a void. I don't think he will ever be an elite-skilled midfielder who tears games apart, but he could be that solid role player who will have some good games and compete well enough at the top level.

Could Essendon get all of these?

Hately.
Caldwell.
Bytel.
Valente.
Podhajski.
Are you planning on trading in a couple of R1 picks? You could get one of Caldwell/Hately/Valente with #8, Bytel and Pod will be there at your next current pick at #34. Pod might even be there at #62. So you could get Bytel, Pod and one of those top three, but need to trade more picks to get them all.

Are you planning on trading in a couple of R1 picks? You could get one of Caldwell/Hately/Valente with #8, Bytel and Pod will be there at your next current pick at #34. Pod might even be there at #62. So you could get Bytel, Pod and one of those top three, but need to trade more picks to get them all.

That sounds hopeful.

Maybe Hately, Bytel and Podhajski with the first 3 picks and, if there's a 4th, maybe go Hudson Garoni.

Who are your draft preferences?

That sounds hopeful.

Maybe Hately, Bytel and Podhajski with the first 3 picks and, if there's a 4th, maybe go Hudson Garoni.

Who are your draft preferences?
For which club? Essendon or Collingwood?

I’d like to know the Collingwood ones :)
We'll be taking a R1 pick, then Quaynor and Kelly and going home.

For the R1 pick, I'd love Xavier Duursma, Curtis Taylor or Bailey Williams - three completely different players, but three players that can add something to the side.

Happy for someone else to get Bytel. He hasn't done anything for months.
He has been injured to be fair. But I've had him 30+ for months and copped a bit from people wondering why he was so low. High production but low impact basically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the R1 pick, I'd love Xavier Duursma, Curtis Taylor or Bailey Williams - three completely different players, but three players that can add something to the side.
Yep that’s exactly the way I would like things to happen.

Love Taylor. More X factor added to the forward line would be fine with me.

I think it’s going to be a good draft to address needs all over the ground for us.

He has been injured to be fair. But I've had him 30+ for months and copped a bit from people wondering why he was so low. High production but low impact basically.
I'm not a fan. He has been mainly injured this year and was injured before and during last years championships. He had a good 16's year by being named All Australian but since then not much at all.

Can't see them taking Sam Collins?

Can't see them taking Sam Collins?
Not in the National. Obviously it depends on the trade period, if Moore leaves and we get another pick/s somewhere then we will probably grab another player, or anyone else for that matter, but all reports I've heard is, we have a live R1 pick, match Quaynor and Kelly and we're done.

Before doing his back again a monthago he had 23 disposals in a half
The times I've seen Bytel play here at Mars against the Rebels the last 2 years he been the Cannons best and better than West and Taylor on those occasions. Unlike most I think Rhylee West is a bit overrated on the occasions I've seen him play live.

The times I've seen Bytel play here at Mars against the Rebels the last 2 years he been the Cannons best and better than West and Taylor on those occasions. Unlike most I think Rhylee West is a bit overrated on the occasions I've seen him play live.

Why is Bytel only considered a second round prospect though? Everyone who watches him seems to rate his style of play but nobody wants to put him higher than early second rounder.

Why is Bytel only considered a second round prospect though? Everyone who watches him seems to rate his style of play but nobody wants to put him higher than early second rounder.

injury plagued, look at so many quality kids in the AFL that have not made it due to injury, when you have someone who has so many injuries its a risk drafting them.

I think it's a bit to do with his lack of exposure this year, on the occasions I've seen live he has looked OK outside the contest and handy up forward which seems to be the knock others have on him. i.e. 1 trick pony - inside mid. Much the same with James Worpel last year I reckon Bytel is a good chance to prove the pundits wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back