Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: Draft Board and Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few more are going to test themselves at the Rookie Me combine. GWV Rebels Tylar Watts (ping Bicks ), Dandenong's Heath Briggs, Western's Jack Watkins and not officially but believe Matthew Cumming will also test.

Few more are going to test themselves at the Rookie Me combine. GWV Rebels Tylar Watts (ping Bicks ), Dandenong's Heath Briggs, Western's Jack Watkins and not officially but believe Matthew Cumming will also test.
Watkins is an inside mid, went alright in one game I watched?
Don't know what happened to Tylar this year, so much promise last year but very meh this season, perhaps needed to nail down a position?

Watkins is an inside mid, went alright in one game I watched?
Don't know what happened to Tylar this year, so much promise last year but very meh this season, perhaps needed to nail down a position?
Yeah uncertainty around his position lost him confidence basically. Watkins is an inside mid but have huge ??? Over his decision making. Finds a truckload of it, can win clearances but he’s a “chuck it on the boot” type mid regardless of situations. Seems a state leaguer for mine.

But it’s good they go out of their way to test themselves, means they are serious about an AFL career so good on them.

This is what we'll see running around in the TAC Cup Competitions next year.....Awesome Emblem/Logo

http://www.afltas.com.au/the-devils-are-back/

TASDEV-1080x675.png

Great game today. Did up the report here and there were plenty of even contributions. Dandenong looked home multiple times but Oakleigh kept coming. Certainly some nervous moments for Stingrays fans near the end being five goals up but then just six points up with 90 seconds remaining.

Great game today. Did up the report here and there were plenty of even contributions. Dandenong looked home multiple times but Oakleigh kept coming. Certainly some nervous moments for Stingrays fans near the end being five goals up but then just six points up with 90 seconds remaining.
Actually a missed handball by one of the Chargers smalls Whitehead? was a critical mistake later in the last quarter, hit that handball over the top and it was a certain goal.

Actually a missed handball by one of the Chargers smalls Whitehead? was a critical mistake later in the last quarter, hit that handball over the top and it was a certain goal.
He also missed a set shot that normally he would nail, ball ran up the other end and Sturt booted a goal and at that stage seemed it was game over. It ended up being enough to be game over with McDonnell's goal.

He also missed a set shot that normally he would nail, ball ran up the other end and Sturt booted a goal and at that stage seemed it was game over. It ended up being enough to be game over with McDonnell's goal.

Oakleigh"s top age 'stars' were very disappointing. Collier Dawkins had numbers but went went missing when it counted. Ross couldn't get going, Ayton~Delaney tried hard but has little

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oakleigh"s top age 'stars' were very disappointing. Collier Dawkins had numbers but went went missing when it counted. Ross couldn't get going, Ayton~Delaney tried hard but has little

i disagree with that, when he was out on the ground he was their most impactful player in the guts, even rucked in the last 5 minutes and still had an impact

Yeah, nah. RCD was excellent. Him rucking was critical in their comeback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh bottom agers led the way. Quaynor?

RCD was one of the best as the others said.

Quaynor had an ineffective game, but he's entitled to that. He was beaten by Sturt and they made the change for Beasley to head to Sturt. When Quaynor went forward he was better.

JAD had a poor game. Tried hard, but kept getting run down or making little errors.

Rowell and Williams were as expected, very, very good.

Have asked this question of D_P_S but why is Campbell Hustwaite not spoken about more? Bloke looks like an impressive inside bull.
He ticks quite a few boxes but lacks that outstanding trait. I guess the term 'vanilla' can get thrown around with inside mids who just don't quite have an elite trait in any way. I think he can improve and potentially be a late improver (state leagues then get drafted), but he is pidgeonholed as that inside mid, can't really impact forward or back. He attacks the contest, good hands in close and works his butt off, but like so many I've seen before, you don't get drafted on being a workhorse/good bloke. I hope he does get a chance because he is a genuine lovely guy, but there are many inside mids ahead of him with better foot skills, or better speed, that's just the way it is. If he does get picked, it's a rookie scenario.

The few times I've seen him I have moments of WHOA then quiet moments. Is he a poor mans Scrimshaw?
or is he a poor mans Bonti?
With his work rate I don't see him being another Scrimshaw. I think with the individualised training at AFL level and resources he will be a good player, but he's a player I feel improves with better quality of team mate

With his work rate I don't see him being another Scrimshaw. I think with the individualised training at AFL level and resources he will be a good player, but he's a player I feel improves with better quality of team mate
I thought he got beaten by Sam Fletcher

Pie 4 Life can you please tell me a bit more about Luke Foley. Do you see him as a genuine inside mid at AFL level if he is able to fill out? What is he like athletically? And what might hold him back?

Pie 4 Life can you please tell me a bit more about Luke Foley. Do you see him as a genuine inside mid at AFL level if he is able to fill out? What is he like athletically? And what might hold him back?
Hi mate, apologies missed this being such a busy last week and a bit.

Foley is certainly able to play that genuine inside mid role at AFL level. I think he's most suited to that, because while I haven't personally seen Foley's testing results (hopefully get some insight this week). Testing wise he's done athletics in the past, 400m upwards runner, so he should go alright. He seems to be able to evade well under pressure, so he has that time and space presence. I think his consistency in performance weighs heavily, but having not played against senior bodies, he does need to fill out. He wins plenty of the footy and does the defensive things right, and has a few more tricks with his disposal/decision making compared to other inside mids from what I've seen, so that holds him in good stead. He isn't probably a Year 1 walk-up midfielder, but he could in time make the transition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back