Draft Watcher Slice of Pie: Draft Board and Profiles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pie 4 Life, D_P_S and Bicks has anyone heard from recruiters where they think Thomas Berry's draft range might be, and if any clubs have shown any firm interest in him?
Was a late R2/early R3 pre-injury (based on him also missing last year). Probably a R3 pick now. In that 45-60 range for mine. Good value pick if you can iron out his kicking and work on his decision making. Phenomenal athlete.

Any results out of the WA state. Combine yet? Cater and Medhat specifically
Haven’t released in bulk yet but the two you asked for:
Carter – 20m: 2.87 agility: 8.28 yoyo: 20.60
Medhat – 20m: 3.03 agility: 8.21 yoyo: 20.80

Thoughts on Riley Grundy? Could he join up with his brother at the pies?
Raw talent, late/rookie IMO. I can't see how we could get him unless he slips through to the rookie draft. All our points will be on Quaynor and Kelly. Might even have to match Atu late as well. He's one that will take some time, but is certainly not without talent. He'd be one we'd consider if he is still there at the rookie draft.

The best one-on-one small defender with high level smarts? I had him around 30ish at the start of the year, but he’s ultra impressed me with his work off the ball and his reading of the play is terrific.
Anything like Heath Shaw? That's what your description sounds like at least defensively. Interesting that some other like Knightmare don't rate him near as highly.

Anything like Heath Shaw? That's what your description sounds like at least defensively. Interesting that some other like Knightmare don't rate him near as highly.
Heater for all his offensive drive, could get caught out one-on-one. Quaynor is not like that. He is very strong for a player of his size and has no issues one-on-one.

Everyone rates him differently, but I know the majority rate him in the teens or at worst, low 20s. He was mid 20s-30 at the start of the year for mine just because of size and position but I've been ultra impressed with the way he's played. The things you see Quaynor do are often not caught on a live stream, you have to be at the game, and he does a lot of work off the ball. High footy IQ.

Heater for all his offensive drive, could get caught out one-on-one. Quaynor is not like that. He is very strong for a player of his size and has no issues one-on-one.

Everyone rates him differently, but I know the majority rate him in the teens or at worst, low 20s. He was mid 20s-30 at the start of the year for mine just because of size and position but I've been ultra impressed with the way he's played. The things you see Quaynor do are often not caught on a live stream, you have to be at the game, and he does a lot of work off the ball. High footy IQ.

I still cannot get over his height and position, that is why I find it hard to rate him highly. Then again, you've seen him live a lot more than most, so maybe I should give him a higher rating.

I still cannot get over his height and position, that is why I find it hard to rate him highly. Then again, you've seen him live a lot more than most, so maybe I should give him a higher rating.
He plays taller than his height suggests. He's lined up on 190cm+ players before and held his own. The people who have him high are those that do see him live a lot, and that's taking nothing away from those who don't, but if you focus on him and what he does off the ball - includes pressing up or pushing back when required, running off his man to chop off a pass, sprinting hard to be an extra number at a contest even if he does not win the football, these kind of things are what have changed my mind on him this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays taller than his height suggests. He's lined up on 190cm+ players before and held his own. The people who have him high are those that do see him live a lot, and that's taking nothing away from those who don't, but if you focus on him and what he does off the ball - includes pressing up or pushing back when required, running off his man to chop off a pass, sprinting hard to be an extra number at a contest even if he does not win the football, these kind of things are what have changed my mind on him this year.

Sounds a bit like Neville Jetta if he can play on and beat virtually any height forward.(except the monsters maybe).

Rare commodity, but i still can't get my head around a small back going 1st round.

Last edited:
Hi Pie 4 Life,

Is it possible to fix some of the stats bugs on your site?

Players have inflated averages because the site is including the touches gained from finals games without including the games in the games played column.

Some other players have games missing from the database. Noah Gown has his August 25th match missing.

Hi Pie 4 Life,

Is it possible to fix some of the stats bugs on your site?

Players have inflated averages because the site is including the touches gained from finals games without including the games in the games played column.

Some other players have games missing from the database. Noah Gown has his August 25th match missing.
Yeah I realised this the other day when it was pointed out. Ill have to complete the finals games (as in finalise the scores) to do so. Unfortunately that means the ladders look silly, but I can remove the ladders now they’re irrelevant.

Hopefully not too many player games are missing, it is just me putting em in so it’s human error to miss the odd player, so certainly any others you find let me know and I’ll add them in.

Yeah I realised this the other day when it was pointed out. Ill have to complete the finals games (as in finalise the scores) to do so. Unfortunately that means the ladders look silly, but I can remove the ladders now they’re irrelevant.

Hopefully not too many player games are missing, it is just me putting em in so it’s human error to miss the odd player, so certainly any others you find let me know and I’ll add them in.
Don't go thinking we don't appreciate the efforts you put in with AFLDC, it's hugely appreciated and my go to prime reference site every time. :thumbsu:

Don't go thinking we don't appreciate the efforts you put in with AFLDC, it's hugely appreciated and my go to prime reference site every time. :thumbsu:
Yeah I know, cheers mate.

Trust me, between the template and various little bugs that happen with websites or human error, you might see a tiny proportion of them.

It's not as bad as the time where eight rounds in I'd put every player's stats into an excel document and realised I'd doubled up on some and then left others out. Had to start from scratch to ensure accuracy.

We're going to be undergoing a redevelopment/redesign in the next 6-12 months where someone actually qualified in web design will be designing it rather than myself :D

While talking about the website itself, we're also expanding into basketball and netball for those keen on those sports (on their own sites too).

Yeah I know, cheers mate.

Trust me, between the template and various little bugs that happen with websites or human error, you might see a tiny proportion of them.

It's not as bad as the time where eight rounds in I'd put every player's stats into an excel document and realised I'd doubled up on some and then left others out. Had to start from scratch to ensure accuracy.

We're going to be undergoing a redevelopment/redesign in the next 6-12 months where someone actually qualified in web design will be designing it rather than myself :D

While talking about the website itself, we're also expanding into basketball and netball for those keen on those sports (on their own sites too).
Have to agree with Bicks, this thread is fantastic Pie 4 life .....and a must read if you want to get a genuine feel for this Draft ......well done & keep up the good work :thumbsu:

I've added Noah Gown's Aug 25 game and completed the results of the Wildcard Round and finals series so the averages should be back to normal. If anyone can find other player games missing when they look, I will go back and add them in too.

Hey P4L, there's rumours we're keen on Jordan Clark, which backs up my assertion that we're looking for speed and skills. What's your opinion of him? Could you see us taking him at 7? I'd expect there's players we like more but I wouldn't rule out him being 7th on our draft board.

Last edited:
Hey SoP, there's rumours we're keen on Jordan Clark, which backs up my assertion that we're looking for speed and skills. What's your opinion of him? Could you see us taking him at 7? I'd expect there's players we like more but I wouldn't rule out him being 7th on our draft board.
I really rate him. He sold me after the Champs and has not looked back. I don’t think he’s advanced as far as some available at that pick, but think he’s got more scope than others at that pick. I love kids who can kick and he’s one of them.

I really rate him. He sold me after the Champs and has not looked back. I don’t think he’s advanced as far as some available at that pick, but think he’s got more scope than others at that pick. I love kids who can kick and he’s one of them.
Is taking him at 7 a reach then or not, in your opinion?

Is taking him at 7 a reach then or not, in your opinion?
Yes, but so was Bontempelli at the time ;)

I think he’s a mid R1 on production, but could be top 10 on upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back