Sliding Doors does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett used Sliding Doors to suggest the Carlton board were cowards for appointing a coaching selection panel to find a new coach instead of fixing its own mistake.

So out of touch.

Lol. Only a couple of weeks for Brisbane. He's been doing that to us for so long. Has he even said anything positive about us?

Lol Barrett's agenda. Such a s**t "journalist"

Not sure the description is accurate, misguided, even dangerous - he does reflect the cheating is OK thinking that was there to see at Essendon & its not new, remember the salary cap gymnastics of the 90s, an amnesty taken by most/all clubs other than the Blues.
Cheating is not OK & for a high profile journo like Barrett to be pushing this line is a disgrace, a disgrace for the AFL integrity officer if he does nothing.

So, just so we're clear on tanking:

* Melbourne were found not guilty of tanking but were then fined.
* Freo wasn't tanking because their match had no impact on the positions of the Final 8.
* North weren't tanking because, even though their match DID have an impact on the Final 8, Freo did it so there was precedent.
* Brisbane should have tanked to get Pick 1.

Nope, nothing to see here.

Dont we understand the Melbourne decision was pragmatic with the ambulance chasing legal fraternity lining up on behalf of punters eyeing off big $s
versus what happened last weekend?

AFL journos keep sinking to new lows. Why won't they write about some key issues facing the AFL?
Umpiring standards, goal line review technology, the rampant promotion of gambling... just to name a few.
For what it's worth I applaud Brisbane for recording a win in their last round. I hope they get a young champion in the draft.

The guy is nothing more than a tabloid journalist who chases headlines and controversy rather than actually presenting factual information... Would be better suited on Today Tonight or ACA.

The less attention he gets the better.

Honestly, I gained a lot of respect for Brisbane in that game.

They had every incentive to lose that game, but they went out there and tried to win it. And they did win it, because they really tried to and they really wanted to. That should be applauded by the media, they shouldn't be lambasted like they have been.

A win here brings confidence and hope and I reckon they'll look back on it in a positive light. They might still be s**t, but that's what a real club does, goes out there and tries to win.

Subjecting people to read this abomination of an article should be a cardable offence. I'm still waiting for the day when Damo actually understands the sliding doors concept.
Harvs nailed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its honestly shocking how this is allowed to be run on the AFLs official website.
I don't agree with what Barrett has written, but AFL.com.au is not an official mouthpiece of the Australian Football League, just as the ABC isn't the state broadcaster for whichever government has power.

Both are given funding to do whatever they please.

The articles and opinions on AFL.com.au are not that of the league itself, but of the media writers hired to report the topic.

I thought people knew that.

I don't agree with what Barrett has written, but AFL.com.au is not an official mouthpiece of the Australian Football League, just as the ABC isn't the state broadcaster for whichever government has power.

Both are given funding to do whatever they please.

The articles and opinions on AFL.com.au are not that of the league itself, but of the media writers hired to report the topic.

I thought people knew that.

People still see it and take it onboard and it becomes more than just a "Non-AFL endorsed Media Piece".

The only time I enjoy listening to Barrett is on Trade Radio. He was spot on last year, multiple times.

His gig on the footy show is a crock of s**t though. I don't have an issue with the information he released, but the way he conducts himself is embarrassing. The whole Rockliff incident the other week was a total * up, and Barrett came across as a petulant child.

Wtf the * is with this "we" bullshit that Damo tries to pedal.

Trying so desperately to seperate himself from this absolute trash he spews out.
I'd have no problem with his shithouse opinions if he put "I" instead.

I dunno maybe maybe I'm wrong and he consults with the work experience kid for a second opinion before publishing, but if that were true I'd expect the article would be a far better read than it actually is.

The man can be summed up with one perfect, yet simple image...

BtYIXHsCIAAfqxx.jpg

Props to carnthedons for being the first to post this image...(as far as I know)...

Since he's probably reading...

Hey Damo, you take plonker to new levels...

Sliding doors is dead set the worst footy journalism I've ever seen, and the bloke gets what 26 of them a year :drunk:

Also hate it how he always refers to himself as 'we' in the column as if it was a combination of journos or there or somehow representative of popular opinion. No Damo we know it's just you bloody flog :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back