Sliding doors moments in our history

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is a thread to discuss all those 'what ifs' in our history. Voss Riewoldt Tippett Zorko and Hogan instantly come to mind for me so I'll go with the Nick Riewoldt situation. We were chasing him hard in 2009 and big money was on the table to come home and join us in our inaugural year. Nick was 26 at the time and St Kilda were a top 4 team about to make 2 grand finals. That was 7 years ago and Nick is still playing at an extremely high level.

Had Nick joined us at the end of 2010 then he wouldn't been involved in the St Kilda schoolgirl situation and he would have been lauded as a hero in his hometown. The story line associated with the local boy coming home would have been huge for us when it came to engagement in the community and we all know we didn't really have a genuine goal kicking forward back in 2011.

Flip side. We may not have acquired Gary Ablett Jr. That's the potential trade off here. What do we think?

This is a thread to discuss all those 'what ifs' in our history. Voss Riewoldt Tippett Zorko and Hogan instantly come to mind for me so I'll go with the Nick Riewoldt situation. We were chasing him hard in 2009 and big money was on the table to come home and join us in our inaugural year. Nick was 26 at the time and St Kilda were a top 4 team about to make 2 grand finals. That was 7 years ago and Nick is still playing at an extremely high level.

Had Nick joined us at the end of 2010 then he wouldn't been involved in the St Kilda schoolgirl situation and he would have been lauded as a hero in his hometown. The story line associated with the local boy coming home would have been huge for us when it came to engagement in the community and we all know we didn't really have a genuine goal kicking forward back in 2011.

Flip side. We may not have acquired Gary Ablett Jr. That's the potential trade off here. What do we think?
Agree. Prob wouldn't have gotten gaz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back