Prediction Sliding Doors of our 2017 Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

If we hadn’t decided to gift premierships to second rate teams for 37 years (yeah I’m talking about you Carlton geelong hawthorn Sydney Brisbane west coast Adelaide) to enable broader fan participation we would have won from 83 to 2015 a loss in 16 just so we could win in 17 again to break the drought

When you look at it this way we were merely protecting the afl by ensuring broad support for other clubs thereby allowing the comp to go professional

I don’t think we get enough recognition for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we hadn’t decided to gift premierships to second rate teams for 37 years (yeah I’m talked no about you Carlton geelong hawthorn Sydney Brisbane west coast Adelaide) to enable broader fan participation we would have won from 83 to 2015 a loss in 16 just so we could win in 17 again

When you look at it this way we were merely protecting the afl by ensuring broad support for other clubs thereby allowing the comp to go professional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can fill up the G all on our own just fine :)

IF Tim Fleming hadn't instilled the 15 year plan of manic pressure and tackling back in the early 2000s..

THEN we stil would have won the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF - Todd Elton wasn't such a poor footballer.

THEN - We wouldn't have played such a small forward line. Who knows how September would have played out?

If tanking didn’t exist we wouldn’t have either of our Brownlow medallists
We only had 3 wins in 07. We should have had the priority pick. Anyone remember why Carlton got that? Was it two consecutive years on 4 or less wins?
Kreuzer and Cotchin to Richmond.
Or if the Dees didn't tank in 09, we would've been on only 4 wins and got picks 1-2. Would've taken Scully and Martin.
So we should have had 3 of those 4 players depending which year we got a priority pick.

We only had 3 wins in 07. We should have had the priority pick. Anyone remember why Carlton got that? Was it two consecutive years on 4 or less wins?
Or if the Dees didn't tank in 09, we would've been on only 4 wins and got picks 1-2. Would've taken Scully and Martin.
So we should have had 3 of those 4 players depending which year we got a priority pick.
We never went near consecutive with 4 or less, so we would only have ever got 2 of those. I’m pretty sure we were keen on dusty anyway but eh, it’s nowhere near as dramatic :p

I don't think we were up for 1st round PPs because it was based on 2 consecutive poor years and we kept yo-yoing (a little way) up the ladder every 2nd year. We were the worst team in both years but Carltank and Meltank cynically worked the system.

We never went near consecutive with 4 or less, so we would only have ever got 2 of those. I’m pretty sure we were keen on dusty anyway but eh, it’s nowhere near as dramatic :p
Being back on 4 wins 2 years later is worse than consecutive.
IIRC, in between those years we had a late run in 08 that included beating the eventual premiers, scrape into 9th, recruit Cuz, Sheeds says we can win the flag and then cuz' hammy tore apart like our hopes and dreams. :eek:

Being back on 4 wins 2 years later is worse than consecutive.
IIRC, in between those years we had a late run in 08 that included beating the eventual premiers, scrape into 9th, recruit Cuz, Sheeds says we can win the flag and then cuz' hammy tore apart like our hopes and dreams. :eek:
Yep, 09 was the year we were supposed to make finals. 9yo me rocked up at the G, super keen to smash Carlton and kick it off, and we got absolutely pantsed. Good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back