Sliding Doors

Jun 29, 2010
Bombay
AFL Club
Sydney
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 12.10.23 pm.png

Examples of sliding doors moments:

- HAD Damian Barrett not been teased at school THEN he may have chosen a more value adding career. Like being a doctor or a lawyer. Instead he snipes AFL types via keyboard out of some misplaced sense of justice.

- HAD this client meeting not been cancelled THEN I would not have unfortunately stumbled over this article.

- HAD the AFL not compromised the drafts of 2012-2014 then the Hawthorn three-peat* would be legitimate. (SEN)

Is there any football fan, anywhere, that likes Barratt?

He had a public spat with Bevo (last week's edition was particularly pissy), St Kilda fans hate him with a passion - he's a North fan but I've seen nothing but distain from North supporters.
Given his comments in the past from the expansion clubs I imagine GWS & GCS fans don't like him either.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

He had a public spat with Bevo (last week's edition was particularly pissy), St Kilda fans hate him with a passion - he's a North fan but I've seen nothing but distain from North supporters.
Given his comments in the past from the expansion clubs I imagine GWS & GCS fans don't like him either.

The only positive thing that flea of a human has done is unite fans of all clubs against him.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Barrett is a shocker. His North fandom comes through his 'journalism' as if hes a whiney kid.

Every week:

"If - North blah blah blah
Then - they must win this week"

He's a North fan but I've seen nothing but distain from North supporters.
Don't think I've ever met or spoken to a North supporter who respects him at all.

Goes extra hard at us to show his "impartiality", but on the flip-side doesn't celebrate positive things.

Has run stories in the media which were complete lies about the club or referenced sensitive information that he was entrusted with by people he knew close to the club. REALLY pissed off the club a number of times.

Has since been blacklisted by North and noone will give him anything, so has stepped up his venom toward us and just publishes piles of s**t disguised as journalism.

When called out on the false information he publishes falls back to the "But I'm a member, I get an opinion" excuse, but when questioned as to what type of member etc, he has never replied to anyone and offered up any kind of proof or even a response.

The bloke has to reply on "sources" for most of his articles now, because most of the clubs wont speak to him directly.

Pretty sure he's been busted a number of times lifting stuff directly from bigfooty too.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Prefixing two sentences with the words ‘IF’ and ‘THEN’ does not have anything to do with the notion of Sliding Doors.

The whole idea is that there are two ‘IFs’, and two ‘THENs’.

‘IF a woman catches the train, THEN she catches her fella cheating.’

It’s not much of a notion if you don’t analyse the alternative.

The guy’s a plank.

Years ago someone on here described him as 'chasing the ambulances Hutchy doesn't want' and it's stuck with me - not only is he a journo who deals exclusively in scandals, they're usually s**t scandals.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I think he started the concept without realising how hard it would be to come up with 18 genuine sliding doors moments every week.

The first few were probably pretty good
Feels like that. You could probably squeeze out one really good, interesting sliding doors type moment per club each year, maybe 2 or 3 for some. Not 1 a week.
Would actually be a decent thing if he picked 1 sliding doors moment (perhaps from a year or two ago) each week and really went in depth on potentially different outcomes. That would require work by him though and as has been made clear many times, he’s not interested in that.

Back