Toast Slightly drunk Gander bestows New Year messages

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
This is clearly not an appropriate thread for our general board but I’m going to do it anyway.

I’ve had some champagne. My partner has gone off to watch the news - mostly New year 2021 retrospective stuff about the year that has passed. There’s only one part of 2021 that I choose to remember and I’m going to watch it again tonight.

What I’m going to do is attempt a personal NY message to everyone on the board. It will happen in no particular order of preference so don’t be alarmed if you feature lower down in the list. This is about universal love.

I’m warming up to my first post right now.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Okay let’s go.

Toump Ass - I love your sense of chaos and amusement in the ridiculous. You are also the author of one of my favourite posts on this board. I can’t be ****ed finding it but it was just after we lost to the Essendon top-ups team in response to Paul Roos talking about the team being ‘tired’. I also like that you’re a music lover and have one dog that is freaked out by you.

Have a wonderful New Year

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Crimson Azure - I’ve always liked your user name. It’s a good balance of clever but not too clever. You are an excellent moderator and an example to us all. You have one of the loveliest pups I have seen.

Crimson, I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful new year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Imet Hassa

I love that you have actually met Hassa which in my mind is a very big deal.

I’ve very much appreciated your podcast reviews and immediately decided to check some of them out. I still haven’t, but absolutely still intend to.

Imet, I hope you really enjoyed our eventual success as a club, and have a wonderful new year.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
A11dAtP0w3R

I love you A11 even despite your weird username. Every board needs someone who takes the piss and you’re it. I’m glad your true love in Nibbler has paid dividends. When he wasn’t traded, I was happiest for you. I know times have been super tough for you of late and I hope this improves for you and your family.

I wish you, A11, all the best things possible for the new year.

Last edited:
A11dAtP0w3R

I love you A11 even despite your weird username. Every board need someone who takes the piss and you’re it. I’m glad your true love in Nibbler has paid dividends. When he wasn’t traded, I was happiest for you. I know times have been super tough for you of late and I hope this improves for you and your family.

I wish you, A11, all the best things possible for the new year.

I love you too mate, have a pleasant evening :)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Im not going out, just having a few drinks at home. Find myself getting more anti social the older I become.
Yeah I hate everyone. Other than this board obviously. And our premiership team. And Goodwin who I’ve warmed to of late

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Imet Hassa

I love that you have actually met Hassa which in my mind is a very big deal.

I’ve very much appreciated your podcast reviews and immediately decided to check some of them out. I still haven’t, but absolutely still intend to.

Imet, I hope you really enjoyed our eventual success as a club, and have a wonderful new year.
i don’t believe I have previously been the recipient of a bestowment so most honoured I am feeling. Hopefully a browse on BF on NYE is not totally indicative of the tragic state of my life. Actually, the family bubble are making use of our Caloundra apartment waiting for fireworks over the ocean prior to starting the New Year back home tomorrow. A perfect night; some stuff, more stuff, GF replay, BF, other stuff, goodnight.
Happy New Year PG, may 2022 bring more of your literary contributions, drunk or otherwise and more MFC joy for us all.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Awwwww, love you too Proper Gander!

You have the sharpest wit on bigfooty and I still think your food pictures are the best. I love your brilliant takedowns of annoying posters, even when it happens to be me <3. I look forward to reading your posts in the new year and thinking "Damn I wish I was half as funny as that". And I love you've heard of Arthur Russell.

Thanks for pulling me into line when I step a little bit over it.

Happy new year to you, and to everyone on the Dees board!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crimson Azure - I’ve always liked your user name. It’s a good balance of clever but not too clever. You are an excellent moderator and an example to us all. You have one of the loveliest pups I have seen.

Crimson, I hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful new year.
Was.

Thanks, your username was actually one I was tossing up but decided to go with a Melbourne lean.

PS: Haven't had a single drink yet...... Yet.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Was.

Thanks, your username was actually one I was tossing up but decided to go with a Melbourne lean.

PS: Haven't had a single drink yet...... Yet.
Holy cow. Who is left? The lone hand of Dory_77 ?

We could do much worse :thumbsu:

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’ve lost some momentum here.

MAXIMUM GAWNAGE I have long admired your work both here and on the Bay. Long may it continue. I’m particularly impressed that you jumped on the Gawn wagon years before anyone at all thought it was a good idea. Long live both you and Max Gawn!

Have the happiest of New Years!

I’ve lost some momentum here.

MAXIMUM GAWNAGE I have long admired your work both here and on the Bay. Long may it continue. I’m particularly impressed that you jumped on the Gawn wagon years before anyone at all thought it was a good idea. Long live both you and Max Gawn!

Have the happiest of New Years!
Max fawn is sexy and I knew it when we drafted him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back