Sloane hit on Dangerfield

keithrichards

Premiership Player
Dec 11, 2008
Shepparton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Actually, saw another angle and now I'm not sure.

View attachment 419306

View attachment 419307

So it's his shoulder, not his elbow, but he got him high. So won't be a striking charge, but still could be rough conduct if the AFL is feeling spiteful. Careless, low impact, high contact = $1000 fine, Sloane doesn't miss the granny.
If this is the case, so be it, but I'd be pretty annoyed if it does play out this way.

I don't know all the ratings, but should be assessed as either incidental/unavoidable, or not sufficient force.

Frustrating thing is the footy media will talk about it ad nauseum and dissect it to death, that whatever decision the MRP come up with will cause the professionally outraged to be up in arms...

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I think in any other week it'd be Careless/Medium Impact/High Contact and 2 down to 1, but with a GF on the line they'll make it Careless/Low Impact/High Contact, which is a fine.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
jtUdX7o.jpg

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
If he was, then Geelong must be punished into the stone age. Letting a concussed player back onto the field is utterly negligent and Geelong should he absolutely smashed if this is the case.

So, either, Dangerfield wasn't hurt, or Geelong broke AFL rules and its doctor broke the Hippocratic Oath.
Slightly off topic, but why do people on BigFooty mention the Hippocratic oath? Doctors here don't do it.

Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Not worthy of a suspension as there was not a lot of time to react, and was a bit of a protection mechanism, but jesus christ it had to be a free kick. Went straight up the other end for a goal and snuffed out the tiny glimmer of hope we had.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Dangerfield wasnt such a tosser and act as though he was shot, most normal Aussie rules footy players would have got up and gone back to there position

But let's be honest the biggest figjam look at me in the game he was always going to act like a drama queen

Danger should be reported for continually bringing our great game back to soccer level drama where they get tapped and they are shot

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
If this is the case, so be it, but I'd be pretty annoyed if it does play out this way.

I don't know all the ratings, but should be assessed as either incidental/unavoidable, or not sufficient force.

Frustrating thing is the footy media will talk about it ad nauseum and dissect it to death, that whatever decision the MRP come up with will cause the professionally outraged to be up in arms...
The Media often have an agenda - probably a few Geelong supporters amongst them;)

Jim Prideaux

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
ColoradoAvalancheLiverpoolFCGrenobl
I can't speak for all, but where I work it's mentioned regularly during ethics meetings, symposiums and discussions. It's more of something we're always reminded of, to do no harm.
Fair enough, I'm not sure I have ever really heard it mentioned by doctors I know and have worked with, they discuss ethics for sure, but not the Hippocratic oath specifically

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geez what a bunch of tossers Geelong are. They ducked, dived and cheated all game, as they did all season. They got kissed on the dick by the umpires and still got pumped, now throw a tantrum trying to get someone suspended for accidental contact. He didn't bump, he didn't strike, what is he going to get rubbed out for daring to throw his arms up to defend? Gutless cretins the lot of you.

Marcus DuQuesne

Cancelled
Aug 4, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Geez what a bunch of tossers Geelong are. They ducked, dived and cheated all game, as they did all season. They got kissed on the dick by the umpires and still got pumped, now throw a tantrum trying to get someone suspended for accidental contact. He didn't bump, he didn't strike, what is he going to get rubbed out for daring to throw his arms up to defend? Gutless cretins the lot of you.
The point is he hit him high accidental or no. This guy Sloane has a record of throwing his body around in a non football manner collecting opposition players. I don't want him rubbed out but the truth is Johnson and Chapman copped soft weeks in finals and if there was consistency this guy would go as well. I am sure other teams have had players rubbed out before GF's for fairly minor hits as well. They are free to remind us on this forum if they wish. Cretin = Deformed Idiot. Have a look in the mirror cheeze ball and if the cap fits wear it!

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The point is he hit him high accidental or no. This guy Sloane has a record of throwing his body around in a non football manner collecting opposition players. I don't want him rubbed out but the truth is Johnson and Chapman copped soft weeks in finals and if there was consistency this guy would go as well. I am sure other teams have had players rubbed out before GF's for fairly minor hits as well. They are free to remind us on this forum if they wish. Cretin = Deformed Idiot. Have a look in the mirror cheeze ball and if the cap fits wear it!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-16/one-week-for-chapman. There is the hit. It was actually deliberate unlike Sloanes and received the lowest possible grading it could have, but the system was different in 2013 and resulted in far greater penalties, which is why lots of fair players like Pavlich were getting 3-4 weeks for bumps, and why the penalties were revised down. Of course you knew that right ... you didn't just come on and sook like a flog having no idea what you were talking about. Its actually embarrassing that you would malign Sloane, objectively one of the fairest players in the league, while you have Selwood who throws jumper punches and elbows every second week and somehow gets protected from the AFL. Basically you're just a *******.

Back