Sloane must go

Remove this Banner Ad

15 touches from 80% TOG, total liability, that's Dmac level but he's an outsider. Maybe with Crouch back they'll use the brush to the face as an excuse to correct their previously made dumb decision.
It's arguable that his performance is worse than the typical Dmac game considering how many stoppages Sloane attends.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's arguable that his performance is worse than the typical Dmac game considering how many stoppages Sloane attends.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's not arguable. Any 14 touch game from Dmac is far superior to the 9 effective disposal Sloane just shat out. He's more injured than that finger, FFS, just call his year done and get him preparing for 2022.

You have a point but stay respectful. Rory has been an out and out champion for us. Deserves more than a thread like this and being called ‘ this bloke’
A true champion knows when to step aside. I've always admired this bloke but it's gone to his head this year. He should have been made to have the operation for the rebuild to go ahead faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A true champion knows when to step aside. I've always admired this bloke but it's gone to his head this year. He should have been made to have the operation for the rebuild to go ahead faster.
No. He will always be a true champion of the club . Short memory

Disgraceful, pathetic thread. This is why so many people think this club is a joke. Because of our nuffy, disrespectful supporters.
I take it you haven't been to other club's thread have you? All clubs have these type of supporters so many people also think those club are a joke as well?

We find it difficult to transition our older players into more peripheral roles, or to freshen them up with strategic rests.

We've bulldozed Sloane. Even superstars like Burgoyne and Hodge spent less time in the midfield as their career went on.

Occasionally Sloane will spend a few minutes at half forward, not get much or any of the ball and instantly return to the midfield.

Why not try it for longer? He's a good player, he will get himself into the game. He will find a way to get involved and be effective. If after three weeks at half forward he still hasn't touched the ball then ok now try something different.

Could extend is career, expand his effectiveness and help us develop our next midfielders while he's still there to support.

Needs to call the season now, take an extra month off and hand the captaincy over to Doedee. I reckon we then see a very different Rory Sloane next year and Doedee has the benefit of taking on the captaincy with the support of 2 former captains at his side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back