Slobbos top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of complaining about people not getting this is a "prediction" for the end of the 2024 season.

Well this is his prediction from the start of 2023 so you can see for yourself how right he usually is:

1 Charlie Curnow
2 Christian Petracca
3 Marcus Bontempelli
4 Patrick Cripps
5 Clayton Oliver
6 Jeremy Cameron
7 Dustin Martin
8 Lachie Neale
9 Patrick Dangerfield
10 Chad Warner
11 Tom Lynch
12 Tom Stewart
13 Shai Bolton
14 Connor Rozee
15 Darcy Moore
16 Jordan De Goey
17 Touk Miller
18 Toby Greene
19 Andrew Brayshaw
20 Hugh McCluggage
21 Aaron Naughton
22 Steven May
23 Dion Prestia
24 Josh Dunkley
25 Jack Macrae
26 James Sicily
27 Max Gawn
28 Tom Hawkins
29 Tim English
30 Jacob Weitering
31 Callum Mills
32 Charlie Cameron
33 Nick Daicos
34 Cam Guthrie
35 Rowan Marshall
36 Zach Merrett
37 Luke Davies-Uniacke
38 Nick Vlastuin
39 Isaac Heeney
40 Sam Walsh
41 Rory Laird
42 Brayden Maynard
43 Harry McKay
44 Tom Barrass
45 Angus Brayshaw
46 Luke Parker
47 Mark Blicavs
48 Tim Taranto
49 Sam Taylor
50 Bailey Smith

A lot of complaining about people not getting this is a "prediction" for the end of the 2024 season.

Well this is his prediction from the start of 2023 so you can see for yourself how right he usually is:

1 Charlie Curnow
2 Christian Petracca
3 Marcus Bontempelli
4 Patrick Cripps
5 Clayton Oliver
6 Jeremy Cameron
7 Dustin Martin
8 Lachie Neale
9 Patrick Dangerfield
10 Chad Warner
11 Tom Lynch
12 Tom Stewart
13 Shai Bolton
14 Connor Rozee
15 Darcy Moore
16 Jordan De Goey
17 Touk Miller
18 Toby Greene
19 Andrew Brayshaw
20 Hugh McCluggage
21 Aaron Naughton
22 Steven May
23 Dion Prestia
24 Josh Dunkley
25 Jack Macrae
26 James Sicily
27 Max Gawn
28 Tom Hawkins
29 Tim English
30 Jacob Weitering
31 Callum Mills
32 Charlie Cameron
33 Nick Daicos
34 Cam Guthrie
35 Rowan Marshall
36 Zach Merrett
37 Luke Davies-Uniacke
38 Nick Vlastuin
39 Isaac Heeney
40 Sam Walsh
41 Rory Laird
42 Brayden Maynard
43 Harry McKay
44 Tom Barrass
45 Angus Brayshaw
46 Luke Parker
47 Mark Blicavs
48 Tim Taranto
49 Sam Taylor
50 Bailey Smith
It’s a very different list!

Interested to hear his reasoning for Cripps going from his position to now.

Mcluggage 20 follow up season top 3 of grand final team best and fairest. Dropped to 40.

One player I missed out on and he should be on both lists is Jack Steele he is a top 30 player in my opinion.

Why do posters have to try to belittle other players in an effort to talk up their own player?

It really is an interesting psychological case study... maybe one day they might come to the realisation that it doesn't work like that...

Typical coming from a melbourne support.

Collingwood players have already had that realization, which is why there should be more in the top 50.

Sensational in 2018, 2022 and 2023 final series. A regular performer in big H&A games.
18 very good

20 piss poor

22 big first two games and then anonymous in the prelim

23 Big second game, quiet first game and a good GF

Sensational is a stretch

Can have big games, but is super inconsistent and is over hyped on given output. The fact Slobbo can put him 7th in the league is laughable

Probably should be somewhere between 25-40. 25 seems too high for a inconsistent player, 40 maybe a bit low perhaps

I'd have Tom Green a clear #2 after the Bont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a very different list!

Interested to hear his reasoning for Cripps going from his position to now.

Mcluggage 20 follow up season top 3 of grand final team best and fairest. Dropped to 40.

One player I missed out on and he should be on both lists is Jack Steele he is a top 30 player in my opinion.
Re Steele, was back to back AA 20 & 21, including a brownlow podium, but still never got much recognition.

Then because he has played really banged up for the last 18 months, people completely forget about him. Even half fit, he managed 38 touches and 8 clearances in a final last year against Tom Green (13 on the list) Kelly (25), Cogniligo (32) Ward etc

Agree he belongs on this list, but 20-30 might be a bit high based on his recent injuries

1. Bontempelli
  2. Butters
  3. Nick Daicos
  4. Toby Greene
  5. Petracca
  6. Charlie Curnow
  7. De Goey
  8. Jeremy Cameron
  9. Lachie Neale
  10. Sam Taylor
  11. James Sicily
  12. Errol Gulden
  13. Tom Green
  14. Sam Walsh
  15. Rozee
  16. Noah Anderson
  17. Charlie Cameron
  18. Davies-Uniake :laughv1:
  19. Tom Stewart
  20. Max Gawn
  21. Harris Andrews
  22. Darcy Moore
  23. Patrick Cripps
  24. Jordan Dawson
  25. Josh Kelly
  26. Lachie Whitfield
  27. Touk Miller
  28. Jai Newcombe
  29. Nick Larkey
  30. Tex Walker
  31. Oscar Allen
  32. Stephen Coniglio
  33. Zach Merrett
  34. Caleb Serong
  35. Jack Sinclair
  36. Jacob Weitering
  37. Keidean Coleman
  38. Shai Bolton
  39. Nick Blakey
  40. Hugh McCluggage
  41. Rowan Marshall
  42. Dusty
  43. Clayton Oliver
  44. Luke Jackson
  45. Jack Viney
  46. Matt Rowell
  47. Josh Daicos
  48. Brayden Mainard
  49. Ugle-Hagen
  50. Will Day..
This list is now just click bait, gone are the days when Mike Sheahan would put it out and it meant something, but this is quite comical.. LDU Infront of Cripps, cmon... Andrew Brayshaw doesn't even make the list wtf.. 3 Giants in the top 13 and 6 overall.
Mike Sheahan's lists sucked too.

I am happy to see that Sicily almost cracked the top ten.

He has been criminally underated by the wider footy fraternity for a long time due to playing for a struggling team.

He's also had to shake the "Bad Boy" image which TBH was always pretty overblown (not saying he doesn't have a touch of campaigner in him though).

But in terms of talent and consistency he's been (along with Stewart) one of the best offensive backmen over the last six years.

Had a great first year as captain as well.

Wilkie is a bit stiff, Max King plays every game he's definitely on the list too.

Nick Daicos is the best player in the comp by a street.
A lot of Pies supporters getting sucked in by the media hype and the flash of Daicos.

He's a star but at this stage there's still a few guys I'd take ahead of him in the short term.

In the long term development isn't always linear so there's some other young guns who could end up better by the end of their careers too.

Ask 100 people on the street who they would prefer between Newcombe and Merrett and 99 will answer Merrett. The 100th being a Hawthorn supporter.

I love Merrett. But please keep in mind the purpose of this top 50 is that it's a PREDICTION list.

Newcombe's tracking along with an absolute bullet. 2023 was his second full season in three AFL and he was in the AA squad, top 20 of the Brownlow and top 20 of the coaches votes. Don't be surprised if he completely explodes this season.

18 very good

20 piss poor

22 big first two games and then anonymous in the prelim

23 Big second game, quiet first game and a good GF

Sensational is a stretch

Can have big games, but is super inconsistent and is over hyped on given output. The fact Slobbo can put him 7th in the league is laughable

Probably should be somewhere between 25-40. 25 seems too high for a inconsistent player, 40 maybe a bit low perhaps
Obviously Slobbo feels that he is going to take his game to new level in 2024. Not that hard to believe. The guy has really only the past 2 seasons played predominantly midfield. Seems to be fitter than ever, and if he continues to have no off-field issues again as he was the case in 2023, then why not?

At his best he is a damaging, goalkicking midfielder. Not many players like him in the game. If he can continue to improve, no reason why he can’t end 2024 as one of the best 10 players.

Afterall, that’s what this list is. Forward looking. A prediction over the 2024 season. Not previous seasons.

A lot of Pies supporters getting sucked in by the media hype and the flash of Daicos.

He's a star but at this stage there's still a few guys I'd take ahead of him in the short term.

In the long term development isn't always linear so there's some other young guns who could end up better by the end of their careers too.
I don't consume football media. I just go to the footy and watch him play, nobody is playing like him, nobody has his weapons, an accumulator with god like skills and vision. The last player that had similar was GAJ.

I don't consume football media. I just go to the footy and watch him play, nobody is playing like him, nobody has his weapons, an accumulator with god like skills and vision. The last player that had similar was GAJ.
Yes you're smitten by a terrific young star. The comment I was responding to that he was suggested to be the best player in the comp by a street was quite laughable.

He's brilliant for sure, but the hyperbole from Pies fans is over the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back