Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
A six episode series on Apple TV.

A team of British intelligence agents, who have been moved into a low level department after screwing up their careers, get involved when a young British Muslim is kidnapped by right wing extremists. The cast features Jack Lowden, Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Olivia Cooke and Jonathan Pryce. Theme song is by Mick Jagger.

I watched the first two episodes and they are top quality. The plot is solid with hints of complexity that makes you want to know what happens next and understand the back stories of the characters.

A six episode series on Apple TV.

A team of British intelligence agents, who have been moved into a low level department after screwing up their careers, get involved when a young British Muslim is kidnapped by right wing extremists. The cast features Jack Lowden, Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott Thomas, Olivia Cooke and Jonathan Pryce. Theme song is by Mick Jagger.

I watched the first two episodes and they are top quality. The plot is solid with hints of complexity that makes you want to know what happens next and understand the back stories of the characters.
I watched until the blue shirt/white tee bullshit came up when our hero had to drag the laptop to his arsehole buddy. In what universe is anyone going to believe that, especially as it was a training exercise, the entire conversation went unrecorded? Either MI5 are dummies or the showrunners think we are. For those reasons, I'm out.

Watched the first two episodes last night. I'll watch anything with Oldman in it and this didn't disappoint.

He is killing it but a lot of it is in the writing. The latest gem from Jackson Lamb -

"I've got other things I could be doing tonight, Diana. I've got a really massive s**t brewing. I could sit and read a book and birth that beauty".

A decent conclusion to the first season with a bit of intrigue for the next, which hopefully won't be too long as it's already in the can.

Season 2 was probably even better - as the racist group in season 1 was done a bit amateurishly. The Russian plot was more complicated but more convincing.

S1 was better , think they forgot what set the show apart from the run of the mill spy shows on S2 ie very little friction between the slowies and the main branch in S2 plus I was always getting lost with the Russian names and there wasn’t much colour to the bad guys

Both seasons very enjoyable.

I do love a show that has a complementary backstory where viewers are given tidbits that play out through seasonal narratives. Especially one that informs character relationships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes! Make sure you read them in order as some elements carry over. I’ve read the series twice.
Yeah I did end up getting on the bandwagon, I need to get around to purchasing book 8.

Yeah binged everything there over the last week or so. Perfectly engaging series. One thing I think sets this show apart from others is

they sure don't mind pulling the trigger on the characters.

Gary Oldman playing it like a pommy Bargearse.

"Better out than in. Oh hang maybe not."
That’s a very British concept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back