Slow Summer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth gal

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Speaking of train travel I wish they still had the sit up train travel from Perth to Adelaide. I hate flying now and there’s no way to get over except drive or pay 2 k each way for a sleeper train.

Doss

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Essendon
Admin #10
I can't even remember the name of the show where it was portrayed now, but I watched a doco on the Treno Patagonico a few years back and that inspired us to do it ourselves when we went to Argentina, from Bariloche to Viedma. It didn't disappoint as an experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shell

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Geelong
Speaking of train travel I wish they still had the sit up train travel from Perth to Adelaide. I hate flying now and there’s no way to get over except drive or pay 2 k each way for a sleeper train.
I've done wherever from Michigan to Chicago with some mates and it was brilliant. Got a first class carriage to ourselves on the way there. Way back not as fortunate.

The last trip i took to Sydney i looked into going by train during the day, really wanted to. Was pretty much the same price as flying yeah gagfd, flew.

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Thread starter #14
Yeah its a shame its so pricey.

Seems like a trip youd only maybe do once and once you're older.

Once Im retired I could see myself spending some decent money to experience it.

One wsy of course

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Club
Gold Coast
Imagine being out there and building the damn railway in those conditions!

Update- they just went over into S.A
Apart from the scorching/freezing weather, the seemingly unrelenting wind and the isolation it is also quite disconcerting and eerie on the actual Nullabor itself with not a tree in sight and a seemingly endless landscape.
I was quite relieved to be out of there

Gasometer

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Apart from the scorching/freezing weather, the seemingly unrelenting wind and the isolation it is also quite disconcerting and eerie on the actual Nullabor itself with not a tree in sight and a seemingly endless landscape.
I was quite relieved to be out of there
Did you watch Hell on Wheels Tv series?

Underrated but a great recreation of the US East to West railways

Top Bottom