jaaack

All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
These guys are probably my favourite band of all time. Every one of their first 6 albums is a classic start to finish - all killer, no filler. Very hard for me to choose my favourite album (leaning towards There's a Riot Goin' On) though my favourite song is Underdog

So let's talk about this unnaturally gifted family!

These guys are probably my favourite band of all time. Every one of their first 6 albums is a classic start to finish - all killer, no filler. Very hard for me to choose my favourite album (leaning towards There's a Riot Goin' On) though my favourite song is Underdog

So let's talk about this unnaturally gifted family!

Brilliant purveyors of the funk and groove, very talented and influential group of musicians, love their work

^ If you want more, you'd probably have a great time with Fresh which is, I think, the closest stylistically to Riot. You can't go wrong with Stand! or Dance to the Music either.

I've been playing a lot of Dance to the Music lately. It's a lot more confident than A Whole New Thing, their style is a lot better developed. It's a very uplifting album and like most soul music goes really well with a big fat joint.

Super band. That story about Sly making the white trumpet(?) player hold a note till he passed out in front of his mates is pretty bloody funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back