Opinion SMA says get Hough our grass

Just watching all the kids have a kick and a catch after the Tigers game at the MCG reminded me that the SMA has cancelled our post game kick and catch after our final home game v Freo in two weeks time.

Because the SANFL finals start the next day the SMA has said our crowd cant have 15 minutes on the ground, 20 hours before the Sanf finals start. Head groundsman Damien Hough reckons that 15 minutes will destroy his grass and he cant get it ready in time for the almighty Sanfl finals.

I try not to be cynical but * they make it hard.

Just watching all the kids have a kick and a catch after the Tigers game at the MCG reminded me that the SMA has cancelled our post game kick and catch after our final home game v Freo in two weeks time.

Because the SANFL finals start the next day the SMA has said our crowd cant have 15 minutes on the ground, 20 hours before the Sanf finals start. Head groundsman Damien Hough reckons that 15 minutes will destroy his grass and he cant get it ready in time for the almighty Sanfl finals.

I try not to be cynical but **** they make it hard.

The SANFLs explaination.

You like the dirt, it overshadows the grass and you like I can't gut this grass, there no sun coming through.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Who could forget the precious afl not allowing port v Norwood play a reserves match prior to the SANFL match on the Friday before the power v west coast match on Sunday at Norwood. It's just grass you precious campaigners... Let the kids kick the footy for 20 minutes. It's not an SANFL thing, they let the kids on the ground at quarter, half, and three qtr times, plus for as long as they want after the game every week.

Would love the club to figure out how to organize a kick and catch over the remaining court area at Memorial Drive.

More as a thank you to the members and fans who have suffered through this year's ups and downs... and to some extent as a **** you to the SMA.

Yes, I have zero idea of what would be required to properly protect the tennis playing surface. Yes we'd need a set of those tall nets like behind the goals at AO to save the heads of drinkers in the main bar and standing area of the GDV. Costs nothing for the club to ask the technical questions of Memorial Drive, since the SMA has given us the finge... err, opportunity.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have the sanfl seen the grounds they sanfl teams play on every bloody week ?
Meanwhile at Unley Oval

lDWCCxc.jpg

Hang on. The sanfl final is being played at adelaide bloody oval.

And the sanfl is worried the ground might not be top notch ?

Have the sanfl seen the grounds they sanfl teams play on every bloody week ?

Important cultural events like the SANFL finals need to take place on a top quality surface to give the best impression to the millions around the world who'll be watching.

That w***er finbarr referenced made it crystal clear who the SMA plebs believe holds sway at that ground.

Again, thankyou Rann and Foley for handing $600,000,000 of taxpayer dollars to a pair of debt-ridden organisations that ran their respective sports into the ground.

they'd be charging an entry fee to the kick and catch soon enough, that would quickly wipe the pretend excuse to do with the grass off the board pretty quick

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics

This has Hurley written all over it.. All they think about is money, stuff the kids who'll enjoy spending 15mins having a kick on the oval.

Wreaks of absolute arrogance. #smascumbags

RedCentrePower

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2014
Alice Springs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would love the club to figure out how to organize a kick and catch over the remaining court area at Memorial Drive.

More as a thank you to the members and fans who have suffered through this year's ups and downs... and to some extent as a **** you to the SMA.

Yes, I have zero idea of what would be required to properly protect the tennis playing surface. Yes we'd need a set of those tall nets like behind the goals at AO to save the heads of drinkers in the main bar and standing area of the GDV. Costs nothing for the club to ask the technical questions of Memorial Drive, since the SMA has given us the finge... err, opportunity.

I agree, Great opportunity..The Tennis club would have had plenty of experience in staging such activities. Maybe OAK would be interested in a promotion opportunity.

Back