smallest cricket grounds you've seen in Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurstville is surely the smallest ground professional cricket has been played on. Would be hard pressed to fit the required boundary size for an under 15 match on that field.

Hurstville is surely the smallest ground professional cricket has been played on. Would be hard pressed to fit the required boundary size for an under 15 match on that field.
that still shocks me that they actually chose to play state cricket on that field. no wonder D'arcy Short hit 23 sixes in one innings there

Played a game out at a ground with long straight boundaries and short square boundaries with one side bordered by a creek. Spent half the day climbing down into the water to collect the ball after it had been deposited there. Joke of a ground for senior cricket.

1590220059949.png

Played a game out at a ground with long straight boundaries and short square boundaries with one side bordered by a creek. Spent half the day climbing down into the water to collect the ball after it had been deposited there. Joke of a ground for senior cricket.

View attachment 880028
Drove past it Tuesday. Tell your bowlers to bowl full and straight.

Yeah Victory Square...in Prahran is used by Toorak Prahran Cricket Club juniors. And it is tiny. My kid hit his first 6 there. Pull shot over the tree nearly into the houses. 4 on any other ground.

Tunks Park in Sydney. The main grond is fine and used by North Sydney lower grades but the othe grounds are 2's and 4's behind at one end instead of 4's and 6's.

Another couple of grounds in northern Sydney have boundaries where anything ove the fence is a dot ball to discourage hits into peoples yards

Guildford cricket club near Castlemaine in Victoria is the smallest I’ve seen. Cannot fit my bowling run up in. True.

I’ll go for a drive this week and take some pictures

Guildford cricket club near Castlemaine in Victoria is the smallest I’ve seen. Cannot fit my bowling run up in. True.

I’ll go for a drive this week and take some pictures
yeah i've driven past that ground a lot and I always think. 'I could actually hit a boundary there'

Tunks Park in Sydney. The main grond is fine and used by North Sydney lower grades but the othe grounds are 2's and 4's behind at one end instead of 4's and 6's.

Another couple of grounds in northern Sydney have boundaries where anything ove the fence is a dot ball to discourage hits into peoples yards
just looking through the ground your talking about. why do they need to put 4 or 5 cricket pitches on an area which should only fit 1 and a half fields

just looking through the ground your talking about. why do they need to put 4 or 5 cricket pitches on an area which should only fit 1 and a half fields

They only really use the big turf wicket ground , and the first 2 of the syntho grounds, and there is a bloody great cliff there. The others are just for young kids. There are just not enough parks and no spare ground to build new ones on the north shore. Have a look at OH Reid, Gore Creek and Barra Brui

Just measured my old school ground on Google Earth. The playing field was 120 metres by 60. There were 2 pitches on it (a little bit of overlap). Square boundaries - 30 metres.

Played on that from Year 9. No I didn't go on to represent Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They only really use the big turf wicket ground , and the first 2 of the syntho grounds, and there is a bloody great cliff there. The others are just for young kids. There are just not enough parks and no spare ground to build new ones on the north shore. Have a look at OH Reid, Gore Creek and Barra Brui
i'm guessing barra brui is a rugby ground they put a cricket pitch on

Ballarat Country Week was always great fun, hit a decent 6 and you were caught 2 games away.
When more than one person yelled 4, the adjacent fieldsmen would look up.

Ballarat Country Week was always great fun, hit a decent 6 and you were caught 2 games away.
When more than one person yelled 4, the adjacent fieldsmen would look up.

Similar experience playing at Riverside Park in Kerang. I was at deep square leg in our game but also at silly mid off in the seniors!!

Pitch blocks essentially at CHF and CHB on a footy ground!

Nettleton Park in (I think, not a local) the Camberwell area, played at by STC South Camberwell, is a tiny, tiny ground. Couldn't be more than 30 metre boundaries.

Nettleton Park in (I think, not a local) the Camberwell area, played at by STC South Camberwell, is a tiny, tiny ground. Couldn't be more than 30 metre boundaries.
again, why do they need to be putting 2 cricket pitches on 1 field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back